GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Going to have the Beat sonic wireless kit installed - best location for upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-23 | 11:10 AM
abapper
Driver

Default Going to have the Beat sonic wireless kit installed - best location for upgrades?

I remember coming across some posts advising people about where to place certain modules to make upgrading the firmware easier than having to take apart the dash / glovebox etc..

any recommendations on where to mount the modules that might need to have their firmware upgraded?

thanks a ton.
Old 02-15-23 | 02:40 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by abapper
I remember coming across some posts advising people about where to place certain modules to make upgrading the firmware easier than having to take apart the dash / glovebox etc..

any recommendations on where to mount the modules that might need to have their firmware upgraded?

thanks a ton.
I believe Eric has a video on YouTube, they are installing it behind the Glove Box. I believe with the new version, the firmware updates are done OTA through the interface, and you won't need to plug into the unit. Let us know how it works, I will also be ordering it soon.
The following users liked this post:
abapper (02-24-23)
Old 02-24-23 | 06:21 PM
abapper
Driver

so I took it to a recommended shop.. they charged 200 to install, which was their minimum amount.

came out great! I'm almost 100% ecstatic - the only drawback is that the resolution on the stock screen isn't the best.. but everything works really well.

The mouse is a little hard to get used to, but all the AA functionality is there including steering wheel controls.

lastly, I installed one of those throttle boosters.. it daisy-chains between the wiring harness and the accelerator pedal - 3 minute install. It does not give you any extra HP, of course, BUT, it makes the throttle super-sensitive to being pressed...

With that, it's almost like driving a different car. I haven't done any 0-60 times yet, but I have definitely, 100% felt an increase in acceleration.

Old 02-25-23 | 05:30 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Do you know where they installed the unit? Did they install it behind the glove box next to the Climate Amplifier?
Old 02-25-23 | 01:20 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

...I haven't done any 0-60 times yet, but I have definitely, 100% felt an increase in acceleration.
I'll bet $100 your time is no different. Throttle controllers don't change physics.
1wacko (02-25-23)
Old 02-26-23 | 05:38 AM
daviso3
4th Gear

Not OP, but I installed the beat Sonic a few months ago. Eric recommended one unit wedged between the glove box and plastic liner underneath. The other unit was installed behind the carpet on the passenger side console facing the driver's side.
abapper (02-26-23)
Old 02-26-23 | 07:35 AM
abapper
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'll bet $100 your time is no different. Throttle controllers don't change physics.
fair enough.. I should have just left with that it feels like driving a different car.
Old 02-26-23 | 07:37 AM
abapper
Driver

Originally Posted by daviso3
Not OP, but I installed the beat Sonic a few months ago. Eric recommended one unit wedged between the glove box and plastic liner underneath. The other unit was installed behind the carpet on the passenger side console facing the driver's side.
Beat Sonic told me that on these new kits, the upgrades take place on the phone, not in their modules, so we didn't have to worry too much about placement.
Old 02-26-23 | 07:49 AM
daviso3
4th Gear

Beat Sonic told me that on these new kits, the upgrades take place on the phone, not in their modules, so we didn't have to worry too much about placement.

Didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.