GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Onyx GS300, mods/parts waiting @home. Sorry 56K

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-11, 12:47 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SELFmades GS3: UPDATED, Finally Home!!!

Hello all, new member here but have been a guest for quite some time even before I owned a Lexus. Always was a fan of the GS300 and I even still have the issue of Modified mag with Bluelex's ride featured. I'm active duty in the Army and just got back from Iraq last week. I bought my car over the internet from a dealer in NJ and had it shipped home to MI while overseas. since then i've been making order after order of aftermarket upgrades.

I've alwways been in to fast sedans especially Lexus and the Euros like the M5, S4, RS4, and AMG models. This is my first Lexus but my previous cars consist of a Benz C280 and BMW 320i but as far as upgrades and mods this car will be taken the farthest. I'm stationed at Fort Hood TX now and will be picking up my car on the holiday during leave. At home I have CCFL headlights, LED Depo tails, in-dash navigation with hands free calling and DVD player all waiting to be installed along with an appointment for window tint. Performance side I would like to do a NA-Single turbo setup this spring, along with getting the head machined, 3inch exhaust, lowering coils and maybe get the LFA 19s wheels or perhaps a mesh style wheel. But.., for now here she is bone stock and in factory condition with 1 original owner prior to me. ENJOY!

I'm happy with my decision, and glad to be apart of the Lexus community, you guys are definately knowledgeable about your cars. I plan on being very active in this forum and I have big plans for this ride. THANKS!!!

Last edited by SELFMade; 12-21-11 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-05-11, 12:53 PM
bennylex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god bless you for your service in the army, that is one of the cleanest gs's ive ever seen, welcome to the clublexus fam and good luck with the car!
Old 12-05-11, 12:59 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great start. Alot of folks dont like the CCFL lights but to each their own. Good luck with the modding!
Old 12-05-11, 02:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SELFMade
I even still have the issue of Modified mag with Bluelex's ride featured.
i been a subscriber of modified mag since they came out....i dont recall this one. do you know which year/issue it is? gotta check that big stock pile of magazines i havent even gotten to reading yet and then hope i didnt donate that issue to the library.

welcome to our family

Originally Posted by bennylex
god bless you for your service in the army,
im with him on this

BTW, seriously guys its 2011 we dont need 56k warnings............

Last edited by sakataj; 12-06-11 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-05-11, 02:51 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

welcome buddy. i have a buncha friends who serve in the army and have done tours in iraq. you guys are awesome. anyway, your gs looks like it rolled outta the factory. congrats on the pick up and hoping to see your build soon.
Old 12-05-11, 04:31 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bennylex
god bless you for your service in the army, that is one of the cleanest gs's ive ever seen, welcome to the clublexus fam and good luck with the car!
Thanks alot bennylex I plan on keeping it clean to. Right now im looking into getting it 3M filmed.

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
great start. Alot of folks dont like the CCFL lights but to each their own.
Yep I definately can undrstand that, ive never used aftermarket lights for any of my cars. But the CCFLs and retrofitted lights modernize it so much, not to mention they look straight OEM to an extent. IMO they along with a grill and a TTE lip will take 10yrs off her face.

Originally Posted by sakataj
i dont recall this one. do you know which year/issue it is? gotta check that big stock pile of magazines i havent even gotten to reading yet and then hope i didnt donate that issue to the library.

welcome to our family
I'm pretty sure it was Modified Mag, not positive on the date but I believe it was May 2007. Maybe when I go home for leave I can dig it up. And thanks for the welcome!!!

Originally Posted by Lextasy671
welcome buddy. i have a buncha friends who serve in the army and have done tours in iraq. you guys are awesome. anyway, your gs looks like it rolled outta the factory. congrats on the pick up and hoping to see your build soon.
Huaaaah! to your friends. I do plan on seeting up a build thread and being very active in it so stay tuned! Thank you guys for the appreciation and patriotism to, its awesome to be around people that support troops!
Old 12-05-11, 04:34 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Welcome and dang it must be hot out where you are
Old 12-05-11, 04:41 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

@ Highway, nope its cold and raining where i'm at in Texas. if you're referring to the pics though they weren't taken by me. These are the same pics that the dealer used and I assumed they where taken sometime in September/October. New picsa will come in a few weeks hopefully.
Old 12-05-11, 07:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to CL.... Very clean GS you have there... Bluelex's car was bought by another member on here i think last year... Glad you and others are able to come home for the holidays... That would be the best gift ever... Welcome home..
Old 12-05-11, 07:29 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Fantastic looking car! I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Also, thank you for your service. Where in Texas are you?
Old 12-05-11, 07:31 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That car looks soo clean and well kept. Nice Pickup
Old 12-06-11, 05:46 AM
Lexlthr
Pole Position

Sweet pickup and thanks for your service!
Old 12-06-11, 06:26 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the pickup...clean
Old 12-06-11, 06:31 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congrats! Beautiful car you have there...

Thanks for serving our country!
Old 12-06-11, 08:21 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the cleanest black GS I've seen in a long time. Congrats on picking up a great car and God bless you for serving out country!!

Welcome to the 'Club' and enjoy your stay!

Quick Reply: Onyx GS300, mods/parts waiting @home. Sorry 56K