GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 3GS NAV/DVD/CD Override plug-n-play kit test results - it works!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-09, 03:59 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a stupid question: But is there a way to modify using a different override switch? I would LOVE to have the override switch integrated into the "blank" switch in the center control under the armrest - next to the switches for suspension, transmission control, heated seats, etc. It would be a more OEM look and possibly attract less attention from the dealer during services... I would hate for them to find this switch and then immediately void my warranty for the headunit/nav as they make a glaring NOTE in my Lexus big-brother file...
Old 03-08-09, 05:21 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are threads about using a rocker switch in that space but all involve cutting wires which definitely voids the warranty. the plug and play kit can easily be taken out and the system returned to normal state. shouldn't be a warranty issue. If you are skilled enough I suppose you could replace the pnp kit switch with a rocker but that's never been done. you could be the first
Old 03-08-09, 08:39 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

so ecount....rominl, is it possible to get the wire cut to last 5 minutes via some magic I dont know about??
Old 03-08-09, 08:41 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Maybe a stupid question: But is there a way to modify using a different override switch? I would LOVE to have the override switch integrated into the "blank" switch in the center control under the armrest - next to the switches for suspension, transmission control, heated seats, etc. It would be a more OEM look and possibly attract less attention from the dealer during services... I would hate for them to find this switch and then immediately void my warranty for the headunit/nav as they make a glaring NOTE in my Lexus big-brother file...
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ing/switch.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ds-thread.html
Old 03-08-09, 06:52 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks - what I was really looking to do was to modify the switch used in the Prestigious Society kit to use an OEM looking switch... any thoughts?

Lee
Old 03-08-09, 08:03 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Thanks - what I was really looking to do was to modify the switch used in the Prestigious Society kit to use an OEM looking switch... any thoughts?

Lee

if you have PS, dont worry about the warranty, the ps switch has 2 buttons, too much work IMO
Old 03-08-09, 09:26 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got one of thos brand new in box for sale if anyone intrested pm me
Old 03-09-09, 12:24 PM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

I've been reading through all these pages, and still if not, more confused.
I'm interested in buying but wanted some help from you experts. I have a 2006 GS300, with Nav, no ML, version 4 Nav. <~~never upgraded disc.

- I'm looking into getting the PS package as well as a Vaistech SL2Vi, so installation can be done once and at the same time. Are there any conflicts in using these two products?

- I'm reading that the delay time is limited, and occuring on some vehicles. My goal is to listen to Iphone, Watch video from Iphone, have Navigation functions. NO MP3 CD,NO BT needed. I have an earpiece already. All while car is in motion.

I read that someone has the same year and specs as my car, but they upgraded the disc to a 7.1? I'm assuming because of the upgrade that is why you might be experiencing the non 5 minute feature?

I'm confused as hell man. Any help is appreciated. LOL
Thanks!!
Old 03-09-09, 01:43 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lee
you can't...assuming you were able to do this tho, you could only link one of the two PS buttons to work, and not the other. eg: the blank oem switch is either on/off for navi, but not tv (and vice versa). unless you want both navi/tv to come on with the oem switch, i guess that's possible if you can find a way. but you lose functionality and choice. a 2nd blank oem switch would be needed, but then a more custom look would require more $ to implement. not worth doing imho.
Old 03-09-09, 02:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BoingR6
I've been reading through all these pages, and still if not, more confused.
I'm interested in buying but wanted some help from you experts. I have a 2006 GS300, with Nav, no ML, version 4 Nav. <~~never upgraded disc.

- I'm looking into getting the PS package as well as a Vaistech SL2Vi, so installation can be done once and at the same time. Are there any conflicts in using these two products?

- I'm reading that the delay time is limited, and occuring on some vehicles. My goal is to listen to Iphone, Watch video from Iphone, have Navigation functions. NO MP3 CD,NO BT needed. I have an earpiece already. All while car is in motion.

I read that someone has the same year and specs as my car, but they upgraded the disc to a 7.1? I'm assuming because of the upgrade that is why you might be experiencing the non 5 minute feature?

I'm confused as hell man. Any help is appreciated. LOL
Thanks!!
1) you can get both units, they don't have conflicts with each other. in fact they work very well together. without the override your ipod menus are all grayed out when driving

2) there is no time limit on the override

you can upgrade the dvd map and it won't affect anything. hope this answers your questions. but if you have doubts, you can always email chung@prestigioussociety.com. i asked them a lot of questions before and after i got my unit and they have been very helpful
Old 03-09-09, 02:25 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

so ecount....rominl, is it possible to get the wire cut to last 5 minutes via some magic I dont know about??
Old 03-09-09, 03:30 PM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
1) you can get both units, they don't have conflicts with each other. in fact they work very well together. without the override your ipod menus are all grayed out when driving

2) there is no time limit on the override

you can upgrade the dvd map and it won't affect anything. hope this answers your questions. but if you have doubts, you can always email chung@prestigioussociety.com. i asked them a lot of questions before and after i got my unit and they have been very helpful
Thanks for the info and assurance, was hoping you chime in. Thanks again
Old 03-09-09, 03:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

from my understanding the answer is no, looking at the wire cutting procedures. but then again i have never cut wires before
Old 03-28-09, 05:09 PM
WantGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by dk0515
PS will also give you instructions on how to make the override have unlimited time.
Getting the unlimited time is easy. just need to press and hold the navi button while the car is on with only the first key click, and turn the key to the second click. repeat to get back to the 5 minute mode...
Old 04-29-09, 09:31 AM
basamx
Driver School Candidate

So this unit from Prestigious Vs. just cutting the wires and adding a switch. What is the difference? I'm hearing mixed assessments. When you are going 70 MPH and you hit the "NAVI" button, will you get the full 5 minutes?

Quick Reply: 2007 3GS NAV/DVD/CD Override plug-n-play kit test results - it works!