GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vaistech and Prestigious Society

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 10:58 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

So, if I have the Nav/ML, which kit do I need to get? How much do they go for?
Old 02-04-09, 12:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you don't need ipod integration, just get the override kit. you can email them for info on pricing, chung@prestigioussociety.com
Old 02-04-09, 09:01 AM
arnieosp
Racer

I have an Ipod jack and the Ipod plays through the radio when attached. Is there anything more to it? I mean, the "ipod integration" thing.
Old 02-04-09, 10:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the ipod jack you talk about, that's the one in the center armrest right? that's just aux input, you can't control your ipod through the radio or steering controls, nor can you charge your ipod.

the ipod integration most of us talk about here is another plug in unit, that comes with the ipod usb cable, that you plug in and able to control everything strong steering wheel and radio controls, as well as charging the ipod
Old 02-04-09, 12:46 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Got it, finally. Thanks! I fell so stupid. No, I don't care about the ipod controlling and charging, just the Navi override. So far I am having a lot of fun with the voice recognition, but I'm sure it'll get old soon.
Old 02-04-09, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Got it, finally. Thanks! I fell so stupid. No, I don't care about the ipod controlling and charging, just the Navi override. So far I am having a lot of fun with the voice recognition, but I'm sure it'll get old soon.
yeah then you just need the override kit

the voice recognition on this car is painful. i pretty much never use it. i asked for gas station and it gave me hotels
Old 02-04-09, 09:40 PM
arnieosp
Racer

It is funny, because every time I show my new car to my male friends, whenever I demonstrate the voice system they always ask for a BJ, to which the system responds with a hotel suggestion.
Old 03-12-10, 06:41 PM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus dealer install?

Anyone ever get a Lexus dealer to install the SL2Vi & PS units? I would love to make this upgrade, but I am a little nervous about doing it myself. Am I dreaming about having a Lexus dealer install? Will they laugh in my face if I ask them? I am guessing that if Lexus does not allow controls in motion from the factory (for legal reasons) then they probably don't want their dealers involved in these types of mods either. Just curious if anyone has asked a Lexus dealer the question?

Also, with these 2 units installed together, are there any extra "button" or "toggle" switches that have to be installed? I saw on the NAV mod sticky that a lot of folks used some sort of switch in one of the coin slots. Is that for wire cutting mods only? I really don't want to cut wires, nor do I want extra switches . . . Just the SL2Vi and the PS.
Old 03-12-10, 07:33 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Many Lexus dealers are Vaistech authorized dealers so that's easy to get them to do. My vaistech SL2i and my Lexus sat radio were both dealer installed ore-delivery.

However my 3 local dealers won't touch the PS override. I had that done by the custom installer that did my radar system. It's easy to do yourself, but I had the switch custom installed in the center console for an OEM look which required someone with more skill.
Old 03-12-10, 07:36 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

On your switch question, the ps kit comes with a switch. You have to activate it for the override. While it is in nav override the gps doesn't work properly because the car thinks it is not moving. Once you're done with the programming you can switch it off to deactivate the motion lock or it will time out by itself.

There is also a tv button on the override switch and that is for watching video. The tv button doesn't time out.

Here are some pics of how diff people have mounted the switch. The first one is mine.

Last edited by *Batman*; 03-12-10 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-12-10, 07:47 PM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

Thanks Batman . . . good info
Old 03-12-10, 07:59 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

I had the SL2i installed and the NAVI override (via wire cutting and switch installation) performed by a local Toyota dealer.
Old 03-13-10, 06:05 AM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

Thanks for the pics Batman. I had yet to find some nice examples of how folks integrated the switch. You show cased those options well. Your switch fits in very well in the coin slot under the arm rest. Does the PS kit come with everything you need to get that nice fit you have, or did you supplement with extra parts? The switch others used looks oval, but yours fits perfectly in the coin slot. How did you get that nice result?
Old 03-13-10, 06:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ the switch is the same for all of us. Batman had it taken apart and custom installed into the center dash part. You would need to do that yourself or pay someone. PS is a vendor of the product. Its not called PS. You can find this unit all over now and find a pretty good deal on them. Most of the guys local to me found them on eBay for much less and have had no issues.
Old 03-13-10, 08:18 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Yes I bought mine on eBay too. It's a lot less expensive. Just make sure they include English language instructions.

The switch that comes with it is the oval one. I got someone to do my install for me. The guy had to custom fabricate and color match the insert in the coin slot and take the original switch apart.

There is an easier DIY though. I will post the link to the member who posted a diy center console switch.

Quick Reply: Vaistech and Prestigious Society