Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AWD guys wanting coilovers, please read

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-09, 10:27 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWD guys wanting coilovers, please read

Hello everyone,

I have spoken to Circuit Motorsports and they have said that they can do it. What they are asking for is 3-5 people who are interested with $100.00 deposits. They will also need stock suspension to be able to create the prototype. If you are interested please let myself or CircuitMS know. They are aware of this post and I'm sure will post up. Here is the list:

1. 01a4man
Old 03-11-09, 10:48 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much would this cost? i doubt people will put a deposit down without all the pricing worked out, let alone a better idea of what the product is. is this going to be similar to the AWD IS coilover?
Old 03-11-09, 11:06 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by retrospexo
how much would this cost? i doubt people will put a deposit down without all the pricing worked out, let alone a better idea of what the product is. is this going to be similar to the AWD IS coilover?
The coilover will be very similar to the IS coilover. I am just guessing here but, when I went on circuitmotorsports website and the pricing that I saw was anywhere from 999.00 to 1250.00 I believe for the LS coilovers. Pretty normal price range for nice coilovers. I will let circuitms chime in on all of this though.

Chris
Old 03-12-09, 05:27 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

i'm pretty ignorant on suspension and lowering and things of that nature. will a coilover allow the car to be lowered but still maintain the "lexus" ride quality?
Old 03-12-09, 05:56 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jtrue28
i'm pretty ignorant on suspension and lowering and things of that nature. will a coilover allow the car to be lowered but still maintain the "lexus" ride quality?

Lowering the car will affect the ride quality. However, you will be able to adjust the firmness of the dampening which will make the ride quality a little softer.
Old 03-12-09, 07:05 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01a4man
Lowering the car will affect the ride quality. However, you will be able to adjust the firmness of the dampening which will make the ride quality a little softer.
Also, you can align all 4 corners so that the ride height is even throughout. Some complaints with the Tanabe NF210's is that the passenger side of the car has a slightly larger tire/fender gap than the drivers side. Lastly, on an AWD with tanabe NF210's installed, the front of the car sometimes appears to be slightly higher than the rear. An adjustable coilover system can fix this.

Count me out. I'm not trying to spend that much more money on my suspension. I'll ride my car "as-is" until the stock shocks need to be replaced. What I would rather have is an adjustable rear camber kit.

Last edited by nardeezy; 03-12-09 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-12-09, 07:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Moderators, this group buy list is approved - Circuit Motorsports is a sponsoring vendor.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...circuitms.html

They have a GB on other suspension going on in the Club Lexus marketplace you could look at to get an idea of the suspension and prices.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...d-and-isf.html
Old 03-12-09, 07:17 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

id be interested in this. hell i thought about getting rid of my awd gs so i could find a rwd gs.

how is this going to work with the awd though? wont this still mess up the awd system?

also where are they located at? if they are close to the philly area id let them use my car as a prototype since i rarely drive it anyway.
Old 03-12-09, 07:23 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
id be interested in this. hell i thought about getting rid of my awd gs so i could find a rwd gs.

how is this going to work with the awd though? wont this still mess up the awd system?

also where are they located at? if they are close to the philly area id let them use my car as a prototype since i rarely drive it anyway.
How would lowering a car "mess up" up the AWD system?
Old 03-12-09, 07:28 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nardeezy
How would lowering a car "mess up" up the AWD system?
im sorry i believe im getting confused. ive been trying to figure out what i wanted to do with my car lowering and staggered wise and with work and all i got a bunch of stuff running through my head.
Old 03-12-09, 07:36 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Lowering the car won't hurt anything. You won't have anything to worry about at all even staggered. Camber may be an issue if the vehicle is lowered a great deal but, it will be fine either way.
Old 03-12-09, 08:37 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys just wanted to chime in here.

We are in fact working with BC racing to try and get you GS AWD guys a set of coilovers. a4man pretty much said it all. We just need 3-5 guys interested with deposits so BC Racing can approve production. They also need a stock front and rear suspension, just one side is fine. So one front and one rear stock coilover pretty much.

Pricing will be about the same as the IS AWD coilovers, 1150-1250 shipped. They will have all the same features and adjustability. Here is a link to our current FS thread with a lot of info:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...d-and-isf.html

It usually takes about 30-45 days to get the first prototype produced once our factory receives the stock setup.

Just PM us if you have a stock setup you want to lend.

Old 03-12-09, 05:55 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Circuit MS will be out of town starting tomorrow, we are heading down to Homestead to cover the Koni Challenge opener. If you are in the area come check us out in the vendor midway!

We will be back in on Monday. If you have any questions just shoot me a PM and I will answer them ASAP.

See you at the races!

Old 03-12-09, 10:34 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Alright guys,

We now have two people interested and a possible third. I thought more people would be interested in this. If you are interested please post up and add yourself to the list. Please remember we need at least 3-5 people to make this happen. Coilovers are a much better option than springs alone. This is especially true since we don't have the luxury of having aftermarket struts available for this vehicle.

1. 01a4man
2. Tungo
3. GS350on22s (possible)
Old 03-13-09, 03:51 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

1. 01a4man
2. Tungo
3. GS350on22s (possible)
4. IXI187IXI

Quick Reply: AWD guys wanting coilovers, please read