GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

LT & RT Interior Garnish Pillars

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 03:20 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
thx, it sucks for us!
still doesn't hurt to try.

do they even have any TSB's for canada?
Old 05-19-09, 03:22 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
still doesn't hurt to try.

do they even have any TSB's for canada?
i haven't seen any, but i will try.
Old 05-19-09, 05:46 PM
clubrph
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello hey how can i print out that tsb stating that i can change my side pillar that are damaged?
Old 05-19-09, 05:53 PM
Arantant
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrph
hello hey how can i print out that tsb stating that i can change my side pillar that are damaged?
There is a link in post #10.

Also, can someone post a picture of the type of damage that is happening... maybe I'm just not seeing it. My interior is cashmere, btw... maybe it doesn't show up as much???
Old 05-19-09, 08:51 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
thx, it sucks for us!
Tell me about it! I kept complaining about the brakes and they said there was no TSIB for us in Canada. My SA said that as a generalization TSIBs that get issued by Lexus USA take a while before Lexus Canada will issue them. Strange since the cars are all made on the same assembly line using the same (faulty) parts...

Oh, and as an aside, I dunno how you guys get the service you do in the US, but my dealership sucks. It always feels like pulling teeth getting them to admit to any problems or fixing anything. And I never get a loaner. Ugh.
Old 05-26-09, 06:46 PM
teemunz
Driver

we still need pics from the guinea pigs.

if it's the same material, it's gonna get scratched anyway.
I got it done...its like the newer models without that hump that I kept rubbing against when entering. Any pair of jeans with back button would tear into my old pilars...not anymore. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 05-27-09, 03:04 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by teemunz
I got it done...its like the newer models without that hump that I kept rubbing against when entering. Any pair of jeans with back button would tear into my old pilars...not anymore. I'll post pics tomorrow.
nice! i'll have to make an appointment then. thats exactly how i damaged mine.
Old 05-29-09, 03:07 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

bump

TEEMUNZ
Old 05-29-09, 04:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was getting my TPMS done today and they ordered them for me. I will post pics.
Old 05-29-09, 06:39 PM
teemunz
Driver

Here you go...same on passenger side

Old 05-29-09, 07:25 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

so they shaved it at a 45 degree angle. looks a bit bland. hmm.....
the old garnish matched the contours of the doors.

^^^ versus
vvvv ???

The new one kinda looks like it belongs in a hyundai elantra....
no contest.

is it softer material?

i'm gonna keep my old garnish, and maybe put a plastic sheet over it for protection.

Last edited by dunnojack; 05-29-09 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-30-09, 05:19 AM
teemunz
Driver

DJ...The garnish pilar in the pic you show above aren't the ones I had in my 06...mine were way more bulkier and had too many scratches (both sides). Newer models have a slimmer version. I understand it may look a little more bland but the scratches were way more of an eye sore
Old 06-04-09, 10:05 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
Tell me about it! I kept complaining about the brakes and they said there was no TSIB for us in Canada. My SA said that as a generalization TSIBs that get issued by Lexus USA take a while before Lexus Canada will issue them. Strange since the cars are all made on the same assembly line using the same (faulty) parts...

Oh, and as an aside, I dunno how you guys get the service you do in the US, but my dealership sucks. It always feels like pulling teeth getting them to admit to any problems or fixing anything. And I never get a loaner. Ugh.

so i took my GS in for my 1st oil change. my service advisor informed me that their dealership will honor all TSIB issued from the US, it's a matter of getting the paperwork done properly. so that's a plus, and i'm really happy about that.

on a side note, i had no problems getting a courtesy car. got a 2008 IS250 AWD as a loaner for the morning so i could get to work.

it's funny tho, but my SA has a silver GS4 and he plans on modding his ride. we spent a good 15 min yacking about my wheels and springs, and his plans for coilovers/wheels/bodykit for his GS4. too funny! seems my dealership is mod friendly!
Old 06-04-09, 11:49 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

so they shaved it at a 45 degree angle. looks a bit bland. hmm...the old garnish matched the contours of the doors.

The new one kinda looks like it belongs in a hyundai elantra....
no contest.

i'm gonna keep my old garnish, and maybe put a plastic sheet over it for protection.
AGREE!!!

The new garnish looks out of place, it does not match the contours of the doors!!!

I rather keep the scratched up ones that do fit the contours of the doors, than ones that don't... I wonder if they would give me an extra set of the old garnish, so I can replace them at later time.
Old 06-04-09, 12:13 PM
teemunz
Driver

Originally Posted by slk_dds
AGREE!!!

The new garnish looks out of place, it does not match the contours of the doors!!!

I rather keep the scratched up ones that do fit the contours of the doors, than ones that don't... I wonder if they would give me an extra set of the old garnish, so I can replace them at later time.
...also remember I put my seat way back to take that pic...no one will ever notice the difference between the 2, but they will notice the scratches...that was my train of thought.

What sold me was the new look, the price tag (free) and avoiding having to answer "oh what happened here"...but you're right old one is nicer.

Quick Reply: LT & RT Interior Garnish Pillars