GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Camber kit / RCA for 3 Gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 01:06 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Camber kit / RCA for 3 Gen GS

I've been away from CL for a bit because I would always find something I want to buy so I went cold turkey to save my pockets. Well first week back after weeks of inactivity, and I'm in need (not want) of something. Are there Camber kits RCA's for the 3 GEN as yet.

Had to replace my tires today. The cupping noise was driving me crazy. I eat tires every 7,000 miles. Yeah, Yeah you pay to pay but that's getting old real quick.

Guys like Heng350 probably eat tires way faster than me so I'm not to sure how he deals with it. On my previous car I use to flip them left to right but then I gave in an got a camber kit.

My car is low but I would not call it slammed (pic below). I did a search and found a lot of options for the 2Gen but could not find a solution for our 3Gen. I remembered a couple of months ago there was one company that made RCA's for the 3GEN but could not locate the tread.

1st

2nd
Old 07-14-09, 01:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

there are two threads about it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ghlight=camber

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ghlight=camber

but i don't think the product is out yet.

your car doesn't look that low, maybe about the same as mine? i was able to get 20k miles out of my previous set of t1r (flip once after 10k). this time around i am using t1r again and i might flip at 9k (last time at 10k it was a bit "scary")
Old 07-14-09, 01:48 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a on going issue with no ending in sight.
Old 07-14-09, 02:48 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im new at this camber kits? plz explain. if your car is dropped it'll eat your tires faster?
Old 07-14-09, 02:54 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gs350Lola
Im new at this camber kits? plz explain. if your car is dropped it'll eat your tires faster?
If your car is dropped usually you'll get some negative camber. More negative camber and the outside of your tires won't be supporting as much weight as the inside and as a result the insides wear faster. Camber kits are supposed to fix the negative camber and make even wear.
Old 07-14-09, 03:25 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
there are two threads about it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ghlight=camber

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ghlight=camber

but i don't think the product is out yet.

your car doesn't look that low, maybe about the same as mine? i was able to get 20k miles out of my previous set of t1r (flip once after 10k). this time around i am using t1r again and i might flip at 9k (last time at 10k it was a bit "scary")
Thanks for the link, hopefully it out soon. I really went to get them flipped but they stated the tread wear was too low so I just got a new set. I should of been playing closer attention to the inner tread wear but did not think it would have been that low so soon. This weekend I'm going to have my alignment done at specialty alignment shop so hopefully I'll be good the next time around.
Old 07-14-09, 04:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well if you are doing alignment, maybe you can tell them to put a bit more toe in as well to help compensate the inside wear. that's what i have
Old 07-14-09, 04:23 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thx i understand now
Old 07-18-09, 03:33 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
well if you are doing alignment, maybe you can tell them to put a bit more toe in as well to help compensate the inside wear. that's what i have
When you mean more toe, does that mean more on the plus side or negative. Example my total toe for the front and rear was 0.15 and 0.29 respectively. Is that considered good. Should I be closer to 35 and 33

Specified Front Range: -0.05 0.35
Specified Rear Range: -0.07 0.33
Old 07-18-09, 06:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if i remember right, toe i means you want the wheels to point "inward", and it's a positive number. i forgot what number is good though. from factory spec i believe the spec is a bit positive already since the gs is rwd (i am not sure about awd), but to compensate camber wear you can put in a bit more than spec toe in
Old 07-18-09, 08:32 PM
LexFather

We need one bad....maybe we need to contact someone to get this done...
H&R example

Old 07-18-09, 09:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i believe you can get the you zealand camber blocks to adjust camber? i don't know anyone who has them; this product requires that you have coilovers (springs won't work).
Old 07-18-09, 10:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I flip the tires at 10K and can esily get 17k out of a set of Falken FK452. I think you need to get them flipped. It costs you 150 dollars or so to have them flipped , remounted, and rebalanced and then you can more than double the mileage. My car is a touch lower than your car and I have no issues. I had a G35 before that went through tires every 12K miles so this is good mileage for me
Old 02-03-11, 12:12 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i believe you can get the you zealand camber blocks to adjust camber? i don't know anyone who has them; this product requires that you have coilovers (springs won't work).
works with drop springs as well...but not oem stock springs.
Old 02-03-11, 04:08 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno about the front (because AWD has a minor camber adjustment) but the back has several options for camber adjustment. I personally just installed the FIGS rear lower control arms which when paired with the adjustable toe bars can bring your suspension back into spec. Megan Racing also sells all the rear suspension bars to adjust the 3GS rear camber and toe, but from what I hear, you have to purchase 3 out of 4 of the rear bars to correct the camber. (BTW, AWD and RWD suspension is the same as the 2IS).

Quick Reply: Camber kit / RCA for 3 Gen GS