GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Exterior or physical diff between awd and rwd gs300?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 10:06 PM
mesomike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior or physical diff between awd and rwd gs300?

Are there any differences in the look of the awd gs300 vs the rwd gs300? How about the interior? Does the awd sit higher?
Old 03-19-11, 10:11 PM
MrKV
Rookie

Learn to search, it can save you and others time.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...wd-vs-rwd.html
Old 03-19-11, 10:19 PM
mesomike
Rookie

Yeah that link didn't say anything about exterior or ride height. Thanks for the comment about search. That one never gets old. Rather than sifting through tons of information for what someone may know off hand I thought I would make a post. Thats what a forum is for, you don't have to reply if you don't want to.
Old 03-20-11, 12:35 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

AWD sits higher....and there is a AWD badge!
Old 03-20-11, 04:57 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
AWD sits higher....and there is a AWD badge!
Ha well said, there is no major difference aside from the ride height and the AWD badge as far as aesthetics, everything is similar!
Old 03-20-11, 07:47 AM
mrblack
Rookie

I know you specified exterior just want to point out though that there is a little less room down by the drivers right leg where the front part of the awd system exists. You'll notice that the floor mats will be different between awd and rwd.
Old 03-20-11, 11:04 AM
MrKV
Rookie

Don't take it the wrong way, and as far as ride height:

RWD: 1,425 mm (56.1 in)
AWD: 1,435 mm (56.5 in)
Old 03-20-11, 07:01 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow the guy with 27 post taught the guy with 5 post...GOOD JOB NEWBIE
you get a gold cookie
Old 03-21-11, 08:10 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mesomike
Yeah that link didn't say anything about exterior or ride height. Thanks for the comment about search. That one never gets old. Rather than sifting through tons of information for what someone may know off hand I thought I would make a post. Thats what a forum is for, you don't have to reply if you don't want to.
You are 100% correct mesomike. Some real old timers here are obsessed with proving how superior they are by recalling every forum ever posted and then just sitting on the homepage waiting to waggle their finger at you.

and you're right about the search, I've used it many times, I've proven that it doesn't always return the relevant threads, I've used Google with the site:clublexus.com query and it may or may not work. You're also right that it's a Forum. If they don't care about the question, don't reply! They end up creating their own problem, by bumping a thread they don't want restated.

God forbid you should actually put up a reasonable question, EVEN IF IT MIGHT have been discussed in some oblique manner 4 years ago in a thread with 9 replies.

Anyway, yes the awd sits about .2 inch higher, particularly the front wheels, and does not take kindly to lowering. I wish I had a rwd myself, as it only snows 1x a year if that where I live. And one of the other guys here said awd has virtually no advantage in rain, which I do get plenty of.

who knows... who knows...
Old 03-21-11, 08:11 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrblack
I know you specified exterior just want to point out though that there is a little less room down by the drivers right leg where the front part of the awd system exists. You'll notice that the floor mats will be different between awd and rwd.
Oh that's a good point too. While some people criticize that hump, I find it rather nicely positioned to rest my right ankle upon.
Old 03-21-11, 08:37 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The hump has never gotten in my way - I mean, it might if you have grotesque elephantine legs or something but for regular humans your foot goes up and over it anyway. I'm not sure if it matters regarding the front AWD hump but I'm 6 feet tall and I don't even notice it's there.
Old 03-21-11, 08:43 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

yup the only real exterior look difference is the ride height which seems like a small number but side by side the awd looks like a 4x4 suv. i also agree that the interior little hump doesnt really make that much of a difference. all in all its pretty much the same car. if you plan to do the car however, i would take the rwd over the awd

Originally Posted by gsexy300
and you're right about the search, I've used it many times, I've proven that it doesn't always return the relevant threads, I've used Google with the site:clublexus.com query and it may or may not work. You're also right that it's a Forum. If they don't care about the question, don't reply! They end up creating their own problem, by bumping a thread they don't want restated.
the search feature works fine if you just generalize your search options. you may have to browse through a few threads but thats the point of the search
Old 03-21-11, 09:05 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
yup the only real exterior look difference is the ride height which seems like a small number but side by side the awd looks like a 4x4 suv. i also agree that the interior little hump doesnt really make that much of a difference. all in all its pretty much the same car. if you plan to do the car however, i would take the rwd over the awd

the search feature works fine if you just generalize your search options. you may have to browse through a few threads but thats the point of the search
I'm sure many people try to search strings like "Why does my hadlite tuorn off by itself sumtim after I eat ham?". :P
Old 03-21-11, 12:54 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I'm sure many people try to search strings like "Why does my hadlite tuorn off by itself sumtim after I eat ham?". :P
bacon > ham.
Old 03-21-11, 08:00 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Bjay that is the funniest thing I have seen in some time...no wonder the search doesnt work for me!!

Quick Reply: Exterior or physical diff between awd and rwd gs300?