GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 01:03 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just Installed the Proxenon HIDs on my GX. Working Great. The installation was easy. Had a couple of small problems. There are two wires on the ballast. One white and one black. The black one is the ground and the white one is the hot. The connector that comes with the kit , to power the ballast ,did not match the connector on the car. Had to modify it. Other than that, everything is satisfactory.
Old 03-01-04, 04:36 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still waiting for my replacement bulbs. They claimed they were suppsed to send them to me on 2/16. Have not heard anything yet.
Old 03-01-04, 07:30 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts
I will not deal with them (Proxenon) any more. They were good as long as everything went OK. But they are very difficult to deal with in times there is any problem, especially if there is missing parts, or defect product. The kit which I was received had missing connectors for the power, and one of the light has loosen base. I installed it with some modification and thought they were good enough to send me the missing parts and replace the light bulb. I had enough patience and waited longer enough, after 10 plus voice mails to them and several emails, I think that I gave them enough of chance to fix the problem. To that, I call the credit card company and disputed the payment on grounds of dissatisfied service and their failure to respons my reseasonable request, which I have been in more than good faith. Well, that action has caught their attention. But instead to make things right, they send me an emil stated due to my dispute on payment, my warranty is expired forever, therefore, there will be no replacement and further service with my order. If a company not only does not want to fix their mistake, but also don't even want to admit their mistake, especially with such unprofessional maner. To me, it is worth nothing for any future business. For those of you got the correct products, good luck with it and enjoy them for the full extend; for those less forturnate and still have not yet resolved any problems, I feel sorry and bad for you, but I will strongly suggest to start looking for others vendors, there are many quality vendor with professional and good maner out there.
Old 03-02-04, 12:39 PM
lexusnc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And we continue............I spoke to Joe again and he now says that the new, replacement's replacement bulbs arrived yesterday and I should have mine by the end of the week. Boy this sounds familier... Anybody want to take bets that when I call next Monday because I have not yet received the bulbs, there will be yet another excuse for the replacement bulbs not being sent? Stay tuned and find out next week!
Old 03-05-04, 05:43 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally posted by hzhao
right side inside.....
I mounted the Ballast in a different location, where I didn't have to cut any wires.

How do I upload a picture for all to see ??

~ Cap
Old 03-06-04, 10:53 AM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Originally posted by Capirato
I mounted the Ballast in a different location, where I didn't have to cut any wires.

How do I upload a picture for all to see ??

~ Cap
From the 'Reply post' page, scroll to the bottom of page and look for the 'Attach file' section and click on 'Browse'.
Old 03-06-04, 04:50 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally posted by lyxxsx1
From the 'Reply post' page, scroll to the bottom of page and look for the 'Attach file' section and click on 'Browse'.
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-hid.jpg  
Old 03-08-04, 10:03 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cap

Where you put your ballast in front of the radiator will expose it to water from rain, car washes and etc. That ballast does not look like it has a protective plastic housing to make it water proof but then I have never used that kind of ballast so it might be water proof. The ballasts from phillips come with a black plastic housing that protects from water. You might ask the distributor to see if it is water resistant.,just in case.

Putting the ballast behind the radiator or inside the engine compartment is a little safer.
Old 03-08-04, 11:51 AM
Capirato
Racer

Default Re: Cap

Originally posted by Tony
Where you put your ballast in front of the radiator will expose it to water from rain, car washes and etc.
Tony…..

There is a plastic shroud that goes in front and on top of where I installed the ballast. I removed it to take the picture and to make the installation.

When making the installation, I did the passenger side first, because it appeared easier, although a little concerned because the installation instructions advise to install the ballast in a good ventilation location.

After making the installation on the drivers side, I wished I had installed it in the same manner on the passengers side.

~ Cap

Last edited by Capirato; 03-08-04 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-08-04, 02:50 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cap

Oh yeah I forgot about the shroud that is there. That is a good place then. Congrats on the install.

I've got my 6000k H11 kit coming from xenondepot.com next week and will do a install with pics and instructions. Their kit is total plug and play with a H11 adapter for our H11 oem harness so no splicing, tapping of the wires just plug and play. Can you post pics of your car with your Xenons on and your tow hitch?
Old 03-13-04, 01:55 PM
steevr
Pole Position

Tony,

Let me know how it goes. Just bought a GX today (Blizzard White/Ivory, Nav/ML Stereo, Rear Entertainment, 3rd Seat, Rear Spoiler, Tow Hitch). I pick it up on Monday.

Halogens are the only thing bumming me out since I'm spoiled by the factory HID's on our '02 RX.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by steevr; 03-13-04 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-13-04, 02:45 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally posted by steevr
Tony,

Halogens are the only thing bumming me out since I'm spoiled by the factory HID's on our '02 RX.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve.....

The HIDs that I installed on my GX are Great. I also changed the bulbs on the High Beams (9005) to High Wattage (Actual 100) Super Whites, to compliment the color of the 6500K HIDs. I need the high beams when traveling on roads that go up and down, as the Low Beams (HIDs) definitely have a cut off point..

~ Cap
Old 03-13-04, 05:45 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Steve.....

The HIDs that I installed on my GX are Great. I also changed the bulbs on the High Beams (9005) to High Wattage (Actual 100) Super Whites, to compliment the color of the 6500K HIDs. I need the high beams when traveling on roads that go up and down, as the Low Beams (HIDs) definitely have a cut off point..

~ Cap
Capirato,

May I ask where did you get your HID and the 9005 Super White? I, too, have been wainting to upgrade my GX470 to HID.

Thanks in advance,
Old 03-13-04, 08:19 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally posted by lyxxsx1
Capirato,

May I ask where did you get your HID and the 9005 Super White? I, too, have been wanting to upgrade my GX470 to HID.
Sam.....

If you go back about 13 posts, you will see where I got the HIDs. The simulated HIDs (9005) high beams, I bought fom Pep Boys.

~ Cap
Old 03-14-04, 03:12 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Just Installed the Proxenon HIDs on my GX. Working Great. The installation was easy. Had a couple of small problems. There are two wires on the ballast. One white and one black. The black one is the ground and the white one is the hot. The connector that comes with the kit , to power the ballast ,did not match the connector on the car. Had to modify it. Other than that, everything is satisfactory.
Caprirato,

This is all I found from your earlier (13) post...

Quick Reply: Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost