GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-04, 10:44 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lyxxsx1
Caprirato,

This is all I found from your earlier post...
BOHMEN H.I.D. 6500K Retrofit Conversion Kit BC5-6K H-11

http://store.yahoo.com/proxenon-com/bh65recokitb.html

~ cap
Old 03-15-04, 04:31 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think

Originally posted by lyxxsx1
Caprirato,

This is all I found from your earlier (13) post...
lyxxsx1,

I think what Cap is refering to is that he purchased his lights at Proxenon, which is the subject of some, shall we say, dissatisfaction currently in this thread. A few people have been satisfied by several different vendors so far (including Proxenon), but not enough yet for me to plunk down my $450.

Last edited by Johnny Mo; 03-15-04 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-15-04, 09:38 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Steevr

Hey Steve you have the same GX I do.

Yeah I'm going to do a install with pics for everyone when Xenondepot.com sends me the 6000k phillips H11 kit with H11 factory adapter. It should get here by Wednesday and I'll do the install by the weekend so hold on till then.

I think it is so retarded that the GX is the only vehicle in the Lexus line up that does not get HID lights! I bet next year they will put it on there.

Last edited by Tony; 03-15-04 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-16-04, 04:47 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Re: Steevr

Originally posted by Tony
I think it is so retarded that the GX is the only vehicle in the Lexus line up that does not get HID lights! I bet next year they will put it on there.
The LX doesn't have HID's either. From what I was told there was something about the height of the headlights being too much of an obstacle towards gaining approval for use of HIDs for both the GX/LX.
Old 03-16-04, 07:21 AM
lexusnc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally the saga ends.....About a week ago I still had not received my replacement bulbs from proxenon, so I called and spoked to, you guessed it...JOE! He had the gall to tell me that the bulbs were in fact in but that the "warehouse" (read the shack out behind his house) was extreamly busy in preperation for its move and that he did not know when they would get around to shipping my bulbs. At that point I lost my cool and told him that I now would have no option but to call and cancel my credit card payment because I have been waiting for four months, and have yet to receive a working kit. Joe than said he would see what he could do and he would call the "warehouse." Low and behold the next day I received a Fedex shipping confirmation that proxenon had sent me a package. I noticed that the shipping info from fedex was not showing my city, so I called Fedex and discoved that proxenon had screwed up the shipping label and sent my package 100 miles from my address, par for the course. Luckly Fedex konws how to run a business and I gave them my correct shipping info and they were able to divert the package in route and I got the bulbs last thursday. I installed the bulbs and they did fit well and look great, but still no plug and play connector to interface with the stock H11 harness, so I used electrical tape and did not cut any wires. In conclution, I would recomend to any of you still waiting on proxenon replacement bulbs to call, call, call and then threaten to cancel the credit card charge. My guess is that proxenon is 2 people in a mobil home with a storage shed behind it. At least that is the impression I get from the way they run their business. My recomendation to all is to NOT ever buy from them, there are several other reputable venders selling H11 Kits now . If you do buy from proxenon for God's sake use a credit card you have a good relationship with (I used Amex). Here endith the lesson.
Old 03-19-04, 01:50 PM
cyberflip9
Driver School Candidate

Try Xenondepot. I just got my kit and it only took 1 hour to install. From start to finish, the kit arrived in about a week, and we're talking about a package from Canada! Attached is a pic of the car with the 6000k Xenon kit.

Cheers,

Cyberflip
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-dsc06494.jpg  
Old 03-20-04, 02:42 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

looks soo purdy
Old 03-24-04, 04:38 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Default Re: H11 Issues

Originally posted by proxenon
My Name is Alex Hopkin, who is in charge of sales department for Proxenon.com.

One of our customer ask us to browse this forum, and help many people with their H11 issues.

Regarding about this H11 issues, both Joe and I had tried our best to resolve with Bohmen Manufacture for almost 6 weeks now. Finally, the Fixed or Corrected H11 retrofit 6500K bulb are in stock now!

Who ever have purchased previous bad or incorrect size bulb from us, please contact Joe or Alex righ away for exchange. The replacement bulb stock is very limited, up to now, we only have 8 pair correct H11 in stock.

Our Number is
Toll Free: 866-776-4437
Office: 626-331-6320

Sorry for all those lack of responses. we are trying our best to impove our services, as moving to a large ficility and upgrade better phone systems. Also We are currently redesign the brand new website, with more Catagories and Items. (Etc..New German Hella's X5 series HID system will first appear in the market...)

P.S. Also, 5000K H11 bulb will be in stock in next 2 week. Please call us for ordering information.

Any further questions, please contact us Mon-Fri (9am-6pm PST)

Thank you all!!!

Folks,

I, too, was surprised to learn about the ProXenon disappointing service level. Specially after Alex Hopkins' message ensuring us they have corrected their product line. Thus, I couldn't help to write to Alex asking if he is aware of the on going dissatisfaction from the GX470 owner community. And this is the reply I received from him asking me to help him post it in here.

Message from Alex Hopkins (ProXenon)
"Since Bohmen H11 system has bee a totally failure to us. We like to apologize to those customers have purchased and disappointed us. Specially to certain people, whom have been very patient through out these H11 failure period. Since, Hella is helping us for this newest development of new Hella X5 series H11 6000K/8000K HID system, after the completion of this new product. We will like specially two particular customer to have one for each new Hella H11 6000K system as free exchange of the previous Bohmen H11 system that they have purchased.

If you have read through this msg post, we will like to ask these two people to contact us ASAP: Mr. Gregg Mercede & Mr. Domingo Isasi. Please contact our sales department, direct attention to Manager Joe Thomas for further information."

Thanks,
Old 03-24-04, 04:47 PM
Fusion400
Driver

I wonder how is the Hella X5 system work? Will they have the same fitting setting as Xenondepot where all you have to do is plugs and play? Or do you have to modify a little like previous customers where they tampered the electrical lines.
Old 03-24-04, 06:56 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Default Really?

Do you still wanna deal with these guys(ProXenon)?

I don't think SO!

Last edited by DavidsGX; 03-24-04 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-24-04, 07:11 PM
Fusion400
Driver

Off course NO! I just wanted to know. Beside it's too late, XenonDepot has my business and future refers too. Oh btw, Steve contacted me late last nite and I have the same answer like you and the other here in forum for upcoming shipment.
Old 03-24-04, 09:13 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Yeah, just keep waiting, hope Steve ships right away after he gets our kits.
Old 03-25-04, 03:45 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts
Exclamation Forget about ProXenon forever!

I, too, disputed my payment to ProXenon with my credit card company. Shortly after that, ProXenon send me an email tell me becasue my dispute resulted my warranty has expired immediately, therefore, they will not exchange anything for me and will not discuss any issues with me. WHAT KIND OF SEVICE AND CUSTOMER RELATION IS THAT????????????????? Quite frankly, it just automatically made me (and my credit card company) to win the dispute. Given the way I saw here for what Alex's response and my own experience, as well as many others, WHY ANYONE EVER WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM?!

Go to Xenon Depot!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-04, 04:34 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I was a hardcore BMW man

I was a hardcore BMW man and know alot about bimmers. Hella just makes the angel eye rings around the Xenon lamps of the BMWs I don't know how Hella would really help us here at clublexus since we use H11 bulbs and not the BMW DS2 bulb system.

I am really surprise that Proxenon is shooting themselves in the foot by not giving good customer service regardless if its their fault or not. I have yet to see any problems from my other forums about customer service issues regarding Xenondepot and I have personally bought two kits from them already. Customer service is everything I dont care about the price of the product as long as it is high quality and excellent customer service is backing it up. Someone here said you can save 70 bucks by going with Proxenon but look at the hell they are going through. Spend the extra 70-85 bucks extra and get the for sure thing.
Old 03-25-04, 05:05 PM
Fusion400
Driver

I hear you Tony. Service and craftmanship all the way.

Quick Reply: Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost