GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Had rattle, rattle fixed, be picky on which dealer you use.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-04, 04:52 PM
rizman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of rockville expressed their surprise that Pohanka tried different things also. However GM talked about a new Driveshaft that Lexus has in place for replacement. He said they orderd one instead of using the one in stock. Apparently the new drive shaft looks different from the old one (even though both are for 2004). Can any experts on this forum say antything one way or another
Old 02-05-04, 08:46 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Lemon Claim

I hope it all works out for you so that you can really enjoy your new vehicle.

Please keep us posted on the outcome of this all.

Regards,

Sheldon.
Old 03-01-04, 06:24 AM
rizman
Driver School Candidate

An update on my situation:
I have been quiet for a while as my issue is getting resolved.
Lexus of Rockville diagnosed my rattle noise to be the dirve shaft issue. It is unbelievable that Pohanka kept refusing it to be a drive shaft issue. Rockville guys said that Lexus has a new drive shaft for the 2004. They waited for one to be shipped instead of putting the one in stock. I have driven the car 700 miles after that and no sound. After talking to the GM at Lexus of Rockville I felt very comfortable. They promised me that they would give me a new GX if they were not able to fix the problem. I found their customer service to be exceptional. They drop off the loaner and pick up you car from your home. Upon completion of service they drop your car off and pick up the loaner. Extremely helpful when you live 35 miles away. Believe it or not it is the salesperson who sold you the car who performs that duty.
Since I still had the minor vibration issue at 60/65 MPH , I took my car again last weekend. The GM had me drive a new GX with Michelin to see if that car had the same problem. I found the Michelin Tires to be much smother and comfortable and did not notice any vibration. They offered to replace all four tires with Michelin.
I have held off on my Lemon claim since the Rockville Lexus people have made a genuine effort to resolve my issues.
Will keep posted
Old 03-01-04, 10:03 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default rate the pokahanta dealership

Ritz make sure you give the original dealership a very poor rating that will make them get some problems with the Lexus corp.

Man it seems like the second dealership is bending over backwards to help you out. I hope now you can enjoy your ride.

What build model is it? 9700c, E, ? Im trying to keep a database on this.
Old 03-01-04, 10:27 AM
rizman
Driver School Candidate

I have a 9700C and did I mention that they gave me a loaded ES with 2 miles on it. I told them I was tired of driving the RX. I think after replacing the tires I will be fine.
Old 03-01-04, 11:33 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The Michelins are smooth and quiet. That was the other reason I decided to buy Magnussen Lexus' black GX with KDSS, instead of waiting for who knows how long, to get a Blizzard Pearl with KDSS. The GX comes with at least three other brands of tires.

Good to hear that your issues are being resolved.
Old 03-01-04, 11:42 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Default Lemon Claim

Hi all,

I can also vouch for Rockville Lexus. I purchased my Lexus from them and they are a very nice bunch to deal with.........if it's not an oxymoron, to say that in the same sentence about a dealership.....

Anyway, they do offer great service and are always very pleasant.

I'm glad it's all working out for you.

Sheldon.
Old 03-01-04, 12:15 PM
rizman
Driver School Candidate

I consider myself a reasonable person with reasonable expectations form a luxury car line. I can see that Rockville Lexus made a real effort to fix my issues and are not forcing me to compromise on something. I value that and am not planning to persue the Lemon Claim. Technically since my car has been in service for over a month (cumulative) I can still file the lemon claim.
By the way they also gave me the best price. $3750 off MSRP in Dec 2003, which at that time on the East Coast was almost impossible.
Old 03-04-04, 12:52 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove a few pre-owned LS400s at Pohanka 3 yrs ago and I had an unpleasant experience there too. The sales person I dealt with was obnoxious. I complained to the manager of the pre-owned dept, Whitehead, and he was just as big an *** as the salesman. Needless to say i bought mine from a different dealer. Till this day i refuse to take mine to Pohanka for service.
Old 03-04-04, 01:24 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Default Lemon Claim

Wow, with so many issues from one Dealership with different levels within that dealership, how can one express this to Lexus so that Lexus corp. can address this first hand.
Old 03-04-04, 01:50 PM
rizman
Driver School Candidate

Default update

Got the car back today with new Michelin Tires. So far the ride is perfect. To me the Michelin made all the difference in ride quality and also the steering vibration issue is gone. I dealt with the service guys at Rockville Lexus today and they were are very courteous and informative. I rode with the Service Technician and he told me that they have had to replace a few Bridgstones before on other cars. He himslef said that Michelin are far more superior tires to than Bridgestones and was not surprised about the steering vibration I was getting with the Bridgstones.
Finally my car seems to be trouble free.
No doubt , if I buy a Lexus again I am going to Rockville Lexus. You have read about my Service experience at Pohanka. When I originally went to Test Drive and buy the GX , their attitude with me was just OK. Nothing to get excited about. Their Northern VA location gives them sort of a monopoly. Lindsay is smaller compared to Pohanka. Pohanka supply of business is very steady. As long as that is continuous they may not do much about their lack of service. I wonder if they get repeat buyers. I know I am not going there or recommending anyone to go there.
Whether true or not they showed me a newsletter from Lexus Corp where they were ranked #1 on the East Coast and #6 in the US.
Old 03-09-04, 09:40 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: update

Originally posted by rizman
Whether true or not they showed me a newsletter from Lexus Corp where they were ranked #1 on the East Coast and #6 in the US.
That's what Whitehead, the manager at the pre-owned dept, told me when I complained about the salesman. I told him I wouldn't see that based on my experience. I also told him I felt like I was dealing with a used Hyundai dealer! Perhaps that newsletter was printed 14 years ago when there was only one Lexus dealer in the surrounding area.