GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

One for me and one for...me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-04, 01:52 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for me and one for...me.

Yes, I'm a goofball. I have 2 of them now. I just couldn't see paying $10k more for a Toyota LandCruiser when we love our GX so much. My only regrets are that a) I didn't buy before they changed the tax deduction (I'm still hoping it starts next year) and b) I wish I could have gotten one of the September builds with the passenger lumbar and latest nav disc. But I LOVE this Meridian Blue Pearl, it's what I wanted last year. Both have the dealer installed Huper Optik window tint.
Attached Thumbnails One for me and one for...me.-103_0348-small-.jpg  

Last edited by jacksonian; 10-31-04 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-30-04, 01:53 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Here's the "old" '04 GX
Attached Thumbnails One for me and one for...me.-103_0346-small-.jpg  
Old 10-30-04, 01:54 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

All together now!
Attached Thumbnails One for me and one for...me.-103_0351-small-.jpg  
Old 10-30-04, 02:12 PM
CivicFerio
Pole Position

How I wish I can have two GX like you. I also can't see myself getting another SUV other than the GX470. I love this truck! Very good decision!

Charleston
Old 10-30-04, 04:12 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet
Old 10-31-04, 02:46 PM
bareyb
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

We have an RX, a GX and a Harley! Hard to say which one makes us happier. My Wife drives the RX (more soccer Momish) I drive the GX (more "macho") and we both ride the Harley (more fun and better A/C). If Lexus made a cruiser bike we'd probably buy one of those...
Old 10-31-04, 09:05 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. You really like the GX, huh?

Congrats on the addition.
Old 11-01-04, 08:51 AM
GXLUV
Driver

Default Re: One for me and one for...me.

Originally posted by jacksonian
Yes, I'm a goofball. I have 2 of them now. I just couldn't see paying $10k more for a Toyota LandCruiser when we love our GX so much. My only regrets are that a) I didn't buy before they changed the tax deduction (I'm still hoping it starts next year) and b) I wish I could have gotten one of the September builds with the passenger lumbar and latest nav disc. But I LOVE this Meridian Blue Pearl, it's what I wanted last year. Both have the dealer installed Huper Optik window tint.
How much did the dealer charge you for the tint? Mine is Blue Meridian Peal and I LOVE this color... the metallic flakes in the blue REALLY stand out with chrome wheels...(dont notice it as much without the chrome feet) I just got some wheels this weekend and it looks like a totally different truck ! Stands out much more than the black IMO.. (Mind you, ALL my vehicles have typically been black...black car, truck and bike... I even had my blue explorer PAINTED to match my bike and car !!) Plus, I see far fewer good looking blue vehicles than black... and I like to stand out a bit.. Just looks luxury too me...
Old 11-01-04, 06:08 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

I think the tint was like $229 or $249. It really helps in the summer, plus it gives it a very cool look. I just noticed the shiny flakes in the paint yesterday when we had it out in the sun, I hadn't even noticed before. In the correct light, the Blue puts the black to shame, but at night under the street lights, the black rules.
Old 11-01-04, 06:10 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Originally posted by Neo
Wow. You really like the GX, huh?
Nope, I LOVE it! Seriously, I just couldn't find anything else with the combination of the right size, luxury, looks, safety, and reliability. Plus the back is low enough with that barn door that my 115lb. German Shepherd can just step up into it instead of me having to pick him up and put him in like I do in our X5 that we're giving back on lease end.
Old 11-02-04, 08:53 AM
GXLUV
Driver

Talking Whaddaya think ?

Originally posted by jacksonian
In the correct light, the Blue puts the black to shame, but at night under the street lights, the black rules.
Maybe so... but, just for kicks... take a good look at the flakes in some downtown streetlights @ night... you may change your mind.. (The chrome REALLY sets it off though) So anyway.. here's a loolk. Not the exact wheels I wanted... but they look pretty good for temporarys.... I know for sure I'm gonna stay with the 20's at least....
Attached Thumbnails One for me and one for...me.-lbuggy.jpg  

Last edited by GXLUV; 11-02-04 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-02-04, 08:54 AM
GXLUV
Driver

Talking 1mo' pic...

The LBuggy in transition mode.....
Attached Thumbnails One for me and one for...me.-lex2.jpg  
Old 11-06-04, 09:22 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

2 GXs?

Please tell me at least one if for your wife and really not 2 only for you? This is what I can only assume is your situation.

As much as I love Lexus overall and had the opportunity to keep 2 vehicles to myself, I would definitely go with something different for a 2nd car.
Old 11-07-04, 05:26 AM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Of course, but since we are together a lot, it doesn't really matter. As for finding something different, we really tried. But in the end, I'm not paying more to have less just to have something different and spend the next 5 years saying, "Can I take the Lexus?"

We drove the Land Rover LR3, Range Rover, we have an X5 on lease end, Toyota Land Cruiser, Navigator, our neighbors have a Touareg, etc...

There's just nothing in the size of the GX that comes close in luxury, quality, safety, and dependability. The LR3 was a joke compared to the GX, and they wanted full $53k MSRP ($8k more than the GX), the TLC was $10k more without the luxury features of the GX. Touareg stinks in reliability and is too small in the back, the X5 is too small in the back also. The Benz is a joke.

Sure, I could have gotten a sportscar, but I really think that's stupid. I had a BMW 5 series with just the base engine and it was way too fast. I'd find myself 20mph over the speed limit on windy roads without thinking about it. It begged for you to drive it fast. That's just not safe.

Maybe one day I'll get a cruising machine like an LS or 7 series, but I can't put my 2 big dogs in the back seat of one of those. And my dogs go with us just about everywhere.

So the GX is my luxury sedan with room for my boys.
Old 11-07-04, 08:24 AM
PitBull
Pole Position

Congrats , I know what you mean about the LC/LX. That truck is a 1998 design using the same engine/transmission and electronic traction controls as the GX/4runner. I understand that if you are doing extreme off road driving that the LC/LX will go alittle further off road then the GX/4runner in stock form but this is not an issue with any new trucks listing from $50-70K (like what kind of nut is going to trash their new GX/LC/LX). Yes the LC/LX has alittle more space, but it also gets fewer MPG and is harder to park in the urban world. If you wanted to mix it up a little you could of gotten a decked out 4runner and had the same vehicle with a different look, but if you got the $$$ and your 401K is full then why not 2 GX470's!!! Enjoy it and don't fight with your wife over the new one

PS- I can't believe they put "Dunlops" on your new GX, I would ***** about that with the dealer. They should put only Michelin Cross Terrains on the GX they are twice the tire, (cost twice as much in the after market) and I've seen them on the new 4runners that were listing for $20K less. What is Lexus thinking???

Last edited by PitBull; 11-07-04 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: One for me and one for...me.