GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 GX470 - Why I am waiting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 02:31 PM
MarcP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ordered 05 on 10/2/04

Originally posted by lexguynj
Hey Marc,

My dealership just told me that they don't have the 2005 pricing yet have some 2004s coming in the beginning of December and the 2005s should be coming in late December. They will keep me updated when they have the pricing available (they don't have it yet from headquarters.

Please keep me updated on what you find out in your neck of the woods! It still seems that I can get a good deal on a incoming 2004, but with all this talk about the 2005, I can't help but not want a 2005.

Thanks!
Lexguynj,

No problem - I'll keep you posted. It's funny that the dealer release says "pricing will be announced to the public November 15" but no one (even the dealers) seem to have it!

As far as the 2004's, I'm passing on a VERY good deal because I decided I wanted an 05. I also have some info on the 05 from the toyota tech site that hasn't really been discussed in depth here. I can share that with you - let me know if you want it. You can PM me or post here.

Marc
Old 11-16-04, 03:46 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ordered 05 on 10/2/04

Originally posted by MarcP
Lexguynj,

No problem - I'll keep you posted. It's funny that the dealer release says "pricing will be announced to the public November 15" but no one (even the dealers) seem to have it!

As far as the 2004's, I'm passing on a VERY good deal because I decided I wanted an 05. I also have some info on the 05 from the toyota tech site that hasn't really been discussed in depth here. I can share that with you - let me know if you want it. You can PM me or post here.

Marc
Thanks again for sending me the info! It's Tuesday and a new days, so continue to keep us updated on any new 2005 news from your dealer and I will do the same!
Old 11-16-04, 07:26 AM
MarcP
Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ordered 05 on 10/2/04

Originally posted by lexguynj
Thanks again for sending me the info! It's Tuesday and a new days, so continue to keep us updated on any new 2005 news from your dealer and I will do the same!
No problem on the info -

I forgot to bring it to work today but I do have an allocation sheet my dealer gave me a week ago which spells out how many of what configuration/color will be on the first delivery (I think it was for the midwest but I could be wrong). Anyway there are a few Sport Packages on the first allocation so if you have a deposit in place with your dealer you should be able to get one about the same time the "standard" 05's show up - I'll try to remember to post the numbers when I get home.

It seems like every day I am hoping for another bit of information - maybe today will be the day!
Old 11-16-04, 10:04 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ordered 05 on 10/2/04

No problem on the info -

I forgot to bring it to work today but I do have an allocation sheet my dealer gave me a week ago which spells out how many of what configuration/color will be on the first delivery (I think it was for the midwest but I could be wrong). Anyway there are a few Sport Packages on the first allocation so if you have a deposit in place with your dealer you should be able to get one about the same time the "standard" 05's show up - I'll try to remember to post the numbers when I get home.

It seems like every day I am hoping for another bit of information - maybe today will be the day!
Thanks for the additional info! I still believe in this sports package, mostly due to the KDSS, however I just need to see photos to make sure. I will continue to be patient. As I was reading the Sports Package options, the exterior changes seem somewhat minor, like color changes and more chrome looking rims, but the KDSS is what is driving me towards this sports package.

The upgraded 270HP engine is still my main factor in choosing a 2005
Old 11-18-04, 11:01 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Now the question to you all, since the Press Release and Photos of the 2005, was the wait for a 2005 WORTH it and who will be buying one soon?
Old 11-18-04, 11:18 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the wait was worth it. Now I can't wait to get mine in.
Old 11-18-04, 11:19 AM
MarcP
Driver

I agree about the wait being worth it - too bad it's still going to be another 4 weeks of waiting for mine!!
Old 11-19-04, 08:23 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I agree about the wait being worth it - too bad it's still going to be another 4 weeks of waiting for mine!!
I wonder who here on this forum will get the first 2005? I am not in the running yet, but it seems like some of you on here are already on the list and just waiting for your new baby to arrive!
Old 11-19-04, 08:30 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Yes I wonder. The dealer promised me by end of December. BTW, lexguynj, what are you waiting for? Put your order in! I am sure you are convinced that '05 is the way to go. You must keep up with your twin right?
Old 11-19-04, 10:57 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by davidc1
Yes I wonder. The dealer promised me by end of December. BTW, lexguynj, what are you waiting for? Put your order in! I am sure you are convinced that '05 is the way to go. You must keep up with your twin right?
My dealer still hasn't gotten back to me with any pricing and I am starting to think you have it good up there! I guess I will check again and see what they say. Are you saying you already negotiated off a 2005 price?
Old 11-19-04, 11:03 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Yes. They simply said it was $400 more for '05, $1800 more for SP, 3rd row no longer free, etc... They'll probably take your order anyway right? I negotiated 2.5% off MSRP (whatever that may end up being when the truck arrives). I'll call them next week to see what colors are coming in. I told them I am a bit flexible on color. I'll take Ash Blue, Silver or Meridian Blue.
Old 11-19-04, 11:57 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by davidc1
Yes. They simply said it was $400 more for '05, $1800 more for SP, 3rd row no longer free, etc... They'll probably take your order anyway right? I negotiated 2.5% off MSRP (whatever that may end up being when the truck arrives). I'll call them next week to see what colors are coming in. I told them I am a bit flexible on color. I'll take Ash Blue, Silver or Meridian Blue.
Dave it most be slower in this part of NJ (south of you)!

Dealership said they should be able to give me some pricing and allocation news soon (as early as by today). Thanks again for your update and I'll keep you updated too!
Old 11-19-04, 10:23 PM
davidc1
Rookie

No worries. Good things come to those who wait. I've waited since August. Can't wait much longer. Must be a character flaw.
Old 11-20-04, 08:46 AM
luckylex
Rookie

Marc, are the one who said you had your deposit at Westmont? Have they given any more indication when delivery will be made? I'm waiting for the 2005 also (not so patiently ) but haven't put down any deposit., just trying to stay on top of it.
Old 11-20-04, 10:28 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally posted by luckylex
Marc, are the one who said you had your deposit at Westmont? Have they given any more indication when delivery will be made? I'm waiting for the 2005 also (not so patiently ) but haven't put down any deposit., just trying to stay on top of it.
Luckylex,

Yes - I have the deposit down at Westmont. The first allocation they are receiving around 12/3 is a couple of Sport Packages and a couple of stripped down models. The next allocation which should arrive around 12/17 is "supposed" to have my order with it - I'll find out for sure next Saturday when they receive the official allocation.

If you want an 05 before mid-january you might want to talk to your dealer and see if they can put you on a list. From what I understand it will be slim pickings due to the end of year rush of people who want it for the tax write-off.

Let me know if you have any other questions - I've been very involved in this waiting game since mid-September!

Quick Reply: 2005 GX470 - Why I am waiting.