GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 GX470 - Why I am waiting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-04, 11:24 AM
luckylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MarcP
Luckylex,

Yes - I have the deposit down at Westmont. The first allocation they are receiving around 12/3 is a couple of Sport Packages and a couple of stripped down models. The next allocation which should arrive around 12/17 is "supposed" to have my order with it - I'll find out for sure next Saturday when they receive the official allocation.

Cool. I've been in communication with a couple dealers in NW burbs, one of them I particularly like. They know I am interested and waiting (both tried to talk about the 04, I said no), but haven't suggested any need to get on any list. A few weeks ago one said delivery in Jan., one said probably late Dec. Maybe I will contact my "guy" again to get a current update.
Old 11-20-04, 01:23 PM
MarcP
Driver

Originally posted by luckylex
Cool. I've been in communication with a couple dealers in NW burbs, one of them I particularly like. They know I am interested and waiting (both tried to talk about the 04, I said no), but haven't suggested any need to get on any list. A few weeks ago one said delivery in Jan., one said probably late Dec. Maybe I will contact my "guy" again to get a current update.
Please let me know how things work out for you - if you need a contact at McGrath shoot me a PM and I can help you out.
Old 11-20-04, 04:13 PM
Nas
Driver

Hey Guys,

I am also waiting for a 2005 GX470.

My dealer said that the first vehicles should arrive in the US the last week of November. After customs, etc, the car should be ready at the dealer by the second week of December. Hopefully we get the color combo we are opting for. I'll probably know the exact details of the allocation the last day of of November. I was hoping to find out this week.

I wonder how many cars are arriving in the US this December?
Old 11-20-04, 04:21 PM
steevr
Pole Position

If you guys are looking for a great dealership, see Norma at Bredemann in the NW burbs. We bought our last 3 Lexus's from them.
Old 11-20-04, 06:57 PM
Nas
Driver

Just to make sure, the 2005 GX does qualify for the tax break (Gross Weight greater than 6000lbs), right?

Last edited by Nas; 11-20-04 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-21-04, 07:29 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally posted by steevr
If you guys are looking for a great dealership, see Norma at Bredemann in the NW burbs. We bought our last 3 Lexus's from them.
Thanks, I will keep in mind, but it is a little too far for me. I probably want to stay close for service purposes.
Old 11-21-04, 07:36 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Nas
Hey Guys,

I am also waiting for a 2005 GX470.

My dealer said that the first vehicles should arrive in the US the last week of November. After customs, etc, the car should be ready at the dealer by the second week of December. Hopefully we get the color combo we are opting for. I'll probably know the exact details of the allocation the last day of of November. I was hoping to find out this week.

I wonder how many cars are arriving in the US this December?
Hey Nas,

Congrats on your upcoming purchase! What color combination did you end up getting and did you get the Sports Package or not?
Old 11-22-04, 04:45 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Actual Changes

Here's the factual changes
[list=1][*]VVTI - Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence[*]Compression Ration changed to 10.0:1[*]HP Increased 15% to 270hp @ 5400 RPM from 235hp @ 4800rpm.[*]Torque Increased to 330lbs @ 3400rpm from 320lbs @ same rpm.[*]Redline increased to 5700 rpm[*]Octane required increased to 91 from 89[*]Emissions ration increased to ULEV-II from LEV[*]0-60 acceleration reduced to 8.1 seconds from 8.5 seconds[*]1/4 Mile Acceleration reduced to 16.3 seconds[*]Optional Sport Package Available: KDSS, Blackeye Maple, Interior and Exterior changes with Dark Graphite and Smoke Gray accents, Chrome Exhaust Tip.[*]DVD Navigation System now includes over 5 million points of interest, graphics upgrades including building footprint display, and integrated bluetooth phone capabilities.[*]Automatic smog sensing auto-recirculation system[*]Voice Activated control improved to control Bluetooth phone and climate control[*]Automatic weight sensing and pressure classification passenger airbag[/list=1]
Old 11-22-04, 05:53 PM
Nas
Driver

Originally posted by lexguynj
Hey Nas,

Congrats on your upcoming purchase! What color combination did you end up getting and did you get the Sports Package or not?
Hey LexGuyNJ,

We ended up choosing Black/Gray for our GX. This is our first black colored car. We typically try to avoid it, since it is hard to keep clean, but we thought the GX looked best in this color. Our second choice was the Silver. The Gray interior is so dark, that I keep thinking it is black. We opted for the black interior, since our prior Lexus' were typically the ivory color, and it felt redundant. Just needed a change.

I recently test drove an 2004 GX. I was amazed how well it drove. It handled pretty well for a SUV, and it has a peppy V8. I can't wait till the delivery. I'm hoping to take it on a long road trip over the holidays.

Best of luck in making your color choices, and your wait on the GX. You'll definitely enjoy the vehicle.

PS: The 2005 GX's are greater than 6000 Gross Weight, right guys?
Old 11-23-04, 06:40 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Nas
Hey LexGuyNJ,

We ended up choosing Black/Gray for our GX. This is our first black colored car. We typically try to avoid it, since it is hard to keep clean, but we thought the GX looked best in this color. Our second choice was the Silver. The Gray interior is so dark, that I keep thinking it is black. We opted for the black interior, since our prior Lexus' were typically the ivory color, and it felt redundant. Just needed a change.

I recently test drove an 2004 GX. I was amazed how well it drove. It handled pretty well for a SUV, and it has a peppy V8. I can't wait till the delivery. I'm hoping to take it on a long road trip over the holidays.

Best of luck in making your color choices, and your wait on the GX. You'll definitely enjoy the vehicle.

PS: The 2005 GX's are greater than 6000 Gross Weight, right guys?
Hey Nas,

Great Color choice! I too liked the 2004 GX470 performance, so the new 270HP V8 should be even more fun! The handling was also good enough for me to re-think if I really needed KDSS.

Black Exteriors still look the most classy when clean of course! However they are not only tough to clean, you can also see any scratch you made on the vehicle too since I have a Black RX330. I think the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages.
Old 11-23-04, 12:41 PM
Nas
Driver

We are getting some kind of specialized paint protection coating on our car. It's done by the dealer. I think it is called "TFT", but I'm not sure. He said it keeps the car shining more, and that you don't have to wax it for five years. I don't know how it works, but it sounds good!

The GX has a great ride. We were also thinking of getting the KDSS, but it was a long wait, and the GX still handled well around curves w/the normal suspension. It doesn't handle as well as the X5, but it's good enough. I think it does handle as capable as the MB ML. I'll try to provide a more indepth analysis of the GX vs the ML when the car arrives.

Good Luck on your wait...
Old 11-23-04, 02:46 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Nas
We are getting some kind of specialized paint protection coating on our car. It's done by the dealer. I think it is called "TFT", but I'm not sure. He said it keeps the car shining more, and that you don't have to wax it for five years. I don't know how it works, but it sounds good!

The GX has a great ride. We were also thinking of getting the KDSS, but it was a long wait, and the GX still handled well around curves w/the normal suspension. It doesn't handle as well as the X5, but it's good enough. I think it does handle as capable as the MB ML. I'll try to provide a more indepth analysis of the GX vs the ML when the car arrives.

NAS - because my future GX will be mostly driven by my wife, I don't think she can tell the difference or I hate to say this, she even cares if the GX has KDSS or not, so eventhough I will drive this vehicle on the weekends with the family, I am slowly starting to realize that I don't have to pay this extra money and wait longer for the KDSS version.

I really enjoyed my brothers BMW X5 4.4, the acceleration was beatiful and the handling was awesome, however the X5 still does not have the luxurious feeling like the GX and I believe the cargo space is also smaller. The GX is a perfect blend of both luxury and power.
Old 12-02-04, 01:57 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Nas

Hey Nas, are you getting the Paint Protective Film that you mentioned above and the link is below?

http://www.lexus.com/models/gx/accessories.html

It seems worth it and if this is what you are getting, keep us updated on the added cost.

Your new 05 GX should be on it's way right? Only a couple more weeks or even a week away! The wait should be over soon!
Old 12-02-04, 07:02 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Nas
Did you take a look at a review I did a while back. I've owned three GX's. The first 2 without KDSS and the second with. Through that entire experience, I've been able to compile a decent review of the differences.

Here's the link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=Review+KDSS
Old 12-02-04, 01:27 PM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read on edmunds.com re: 2006 GX. Someone wrote

" spoke with 1 NJ dealer today because Lexus just updated the website with 2005 GX.
He told me the Model Year 2006 GX will be a total redesign and it will come out in April 2005. He also told me that I may see it in the Pennsylvania Car Show in Feburary. Price is unknown."

WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

Quick Reply: 2005 GX470 - Why I am waiting.