GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Need your Help in buying a 2005 GX470!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-04, 10:27 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by davidc1
I don't know. How much will you save by making a one-payment lease? I would do it if it was around $3K. I am also not totally sure if I'll end up buying instead of leasing. It's nice to free up the money for other purchases though, e.g. home theater.
Hey Davidc1, I found the option for leasing in the link below from the Lexus Website:

http://www.lexus.com/financial/leasi..._programs.html

Several Options Available as listed from this link:

Custom-Tailored Lease

Our newest financing program is designed to maximize the benefits of leasing while offering flexibility in the size of your payments. When leasing, payments are limited to the portion of the vehicle you expect to use over the specified term. Our Custom-Tailored Lease allows you to maximize your money management even further with additional lease features such as the 1Pay Lease, Multiple Security Deposit and Low Mileage Lease Programs.

With the Custom-Tailored Lease plan you can enjoy the luxury of driving a new Lexus every few years, without the burden of negotiating trade-in values. You may also elect to upgrade to a larger Lexus (without worrying about finding a buyer for your existing vehicle), select monthly terms from 24 to 60 months, and minimize your initial down payment when compared to traditional financing.

Certified Pre-Owned

Certified Pre-Owned Lexus Vehicles are vehicles that have been reconditioned to the exacting standards one would expect from a Lexus. A vehicle is "certified" once it passes all required inspections to ensure that engine, transmission, suspension and electrical components perform as originally designed. These vehicles are available through Lexus Financial Services, with either new-vehicle leases [1] or flexible terms of purchase. Our commitment to service continues with a comprehensive limited warranty and Lexus 24-hour Roadside Assistance. Current year through 5-year-old Lexus vehicles are eligible under this program. See your Lexus dealer for details.

1Pay Lease

This program saves you money and allows you to avoid the hassle of monthly payments. It permits you to prepay all monthly payments in a single total lease payment at lease signing. This single total lease payment is less than the amount you would pay over the life of a conventional lease.

Multiple Security Deposit

Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) allows you to make up to nine additional security deposits at lease inception, thereby reducing monthly payments substantially. The additional security deposits reduce your monthly payments and are refunded to you at the end of the lease period.

Encore

This program rewards qualifying repeat Lexus Financial Services customers with lower monthly payments and a security deposit waiver. You can also combine the benefits of Encore with other programs' features.

Low Mileage Lease

You may benefit from lower monthly payments with LFS's Low Mileage Lease Program. All new Lexus vehicles are eligible and 36- to 60-month terms are available. A charge will be assessed for every mile driven that exceeds 12,000 miles on average per year.
Old 11-30-04, 06:59 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks dude, I'll check out the single payment lease when the GX arrives. It is appealing.
Old 12-02-04, 01:50 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks dude, I'll check out the single payment lease when the GX arrives. It is appealing.
I too was thinking about this option and wondering what the actual cost savings was.

Although it seems like putting down a huge down payment for a lease (using my trade in of course), at least you may save up to 2-3 monthly lease payments and it's a down payment towards the total payments off your lease, so any cost savings overall would be good.

The other option of putting down a partial amount upfront against the lease for cost savings is also good, but if you are going to do that, you might as well do it all, unless you need the cash for something else.

Too many decisions! Keep us updated once you get any news from your dealer on the amount of cost savings and if you thought it was worth doing (paying the lease all upfront). Thanks!
Old 12-02-04, 02:47 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Davidc1, keep me updated on what your dealer is telling you about the delivery of this sports package option.

Did you get the Sports Package with the 3rd row seating since you had no choice?

I mentioned in another thread that I could do without the 3rd row seating and would much rather take the Sports Package over it (this option is also lower in cost), however it seems you have to get them both together, making the 3rd row seating a mandatory option in a sense and with Sports Package optioning out a GX at the most expensive price possible.

Thanks for your help in this matter!
Old 12-02-04, 07:31 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lexguynj
Hey Davidc1, keep me updated on what your dealer is telling you about the delivery of this sports package option.

Did you get the Sports Package with the 3rd row seating since you had no choice?

I mentioned in another thread that I could do without the 3rd row seating and would much rather take the Sports Package over it (this option is also lower in cost), however it seems you have to get them both together, making the 3rd row seating a mandatory option in a sense and with Sports Package optioning out a GX at the most expensive price possible.

Thanks for your help in this matter!
lexguynj,

I ordered the 3rd row since 1) I figured they'll never make one without it 2) I could use it from time to time when my in-laws are in town. And yes, it does appear that mine will be the most expensive since it includes just about everything (I don't need the tow hitch but I'll take it if that's the only way I can get it). MSRP was supposed to be $55.5 or so.