GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 Option Choices

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 10:33 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Option Choices

Hello. I am looking to purchase the 2005 GX. I have a few simple questions.

1. Do all the versions come with the 3rd row seat other than special orders?

2. Can I get the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System without getting the sport package?

3. Has anyone seen the sport package other than in photos? Is the interior as ugly as it seems?

Thanks

Bill
Old 12-07-04, 10:48 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

1. Yep
2. Nope
3. Not yet. Package looks similar to the Benz ///AMG stuff. we think Lexus is going after a younger crowd with that package. Are you older?

4. You didn't ask, but you CAN get KDSS on the 04's and they are going cheap. You might have to travel to get one though.
Old 12-08-04, 06:29 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I tried to get my 2005 GX without the 3rd Row seats - dealer said special order - up to 8 week delivery time.

I checked on the Sports Package Option with KDSS and dealer said it pretty much comes FULLY LOADED (with everything) and delivery would be 6 weeks. I probably could have waited, but the price was steep (already mid to high $50Ks) and the dealer would not give me as a good deal on these Sports Package versions as the regular version.

I have not seen any good photos of the Sports Package as of yet.
Old 12-08-04, 11:34 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Option Choices

Originally posted by Bronsteen
Hello. I am looking to purchase the 2005 GX. I have a few simple questions.

1. Do all the versions come with the 3rd row seat other than special orders?

2. Can I get the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System without getting the sport package?

3. Has anyone seen the sport package other than in photos? Is the interior as ugly as it seems?

Thanks

Bill
KDSS is listed as a separate option in the brochure. HOWEVER, your chances of getting a truck with KDSS and not the Sport Package is probably equal to, but not less than zero.
Old 12-08-04, 12:07 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus website has not been updated to Build your own Model.
Old 12-08-04, 12:12 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Default KDSS w/o Sport and Sport interior (opinion)

This issue (KDSS and the limited interior color on the Sport) is a major issue for me, so I have been pressing it with my Dealer.

YES, you can get KDSS without the Sport package. Confirmed with Lexus thru my salesman. HOWEVER, the allocation are not being built that way (at least for the next quarter), SO it is a special order, 90-120 lead time.

I have seen the Sport edition in Gray. It is NOT pretty (to my biased eye). Way to dreary. Not only is the wood the black maple (which actually does look a little better in person than the photos), but around the Nav/Radio/AC command in the center is Aluminum not the wood, as in the other interiors.

The only potential solution for me, is a Sport with Ivory interior. If you go thru the Lexus configurator you can see one small picture. I have them looking for one, so I can see in person.
Old 12-08-04, 02:29 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Loflin - Just remember that it's a salesman's job to tell you what you want to hear. Every once in a while, they even get it right. Hope that is the case for you but since all the formal press releases have stated that KDSS will ONLY be avilable in the sport models, you may be trying to puch your GX uphill on this one. Good luck though!
Old 12-08-04, 08:07 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Default KDSS w/o Sport

bunka, yes I've been around and understand salesman.

couple of points, then the kicker...

Press releases never said not avail w/o Sport, just talked about it being avail with Sport.

KDSS is actually listed as an option on the Lexus corporate site at $1750 (vs Sport package at $1800)

Salesman would be stupid to push me in the direction to wait 3 months versus buying from their incoming allocation, if it was actually never avail (i.e. they'd never get a sale!)

Kicker...., he showed me the email the "dealer option/config support person" sent to Lexus USA and their response. As I said, can be special ordered, 3-4 month build ship time. No regular builds planned in 1Q05 with KDSS w/o Sport.

Also, if interested I do have the breakdown of the current builds that are incoming to the "southern region" (includes Texas, not sure what else).

Sport package is about 22% of builds.Fully loaded Sports (Nav, RSES, 3rd seat, Tow) is 10% and w/o Nav and RSES is 12%.

Fully loaded non-Sports is 18%.

Most popular color is Silver (@ 27%) followed by White (Bliz Pearl) (@ 22%).

Finally, since I REALLY don't like the Black Maple on Gray Leather on Sport (w Alum trim) I pushed to see if Ivory on Sport is avail. First answer NO, but pursued as you can actually see a pic in the Lexus BYO. It is avail at about 6% of overall build, or about 30% of the Sport builds.

So since I really want the KDSS, but wife gets final on color scheme (it's her car), will be between her view of Ivory/Black Maple Sport or wait 3 months for KDSS on non-Sport (with regular Maple).

Later...