GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Heated seats not too hot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-05, 02:22 PM
db6
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated seats not too hot?

I've had my GX for 3 weeks now, love it. It's been cold recently and I've been using the heated seats. The problem is they don't give off too much heat, barely getting warm. Is this how they are or do mine have an issue? I had a BMW and those seats would make my sweat.

Thanks for your hellp.
Old 03-12-05, 05:48 PM
Tin Star
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be the way they are. Nothing like my other two cars.
Old 03-12-05, 06:00 PM
rjfiore1
Driver

Mine is the same! No fix that I know of. I guess that it's tolerable, though.
Old 03-12-05, 06:14 PM
Triplenet
Driver School Candidate

Mine is the same. I have a 330 conv and can only use the low setting. GX is either off or on "high".

GX "high" is lower than BMW low, according to my "rear sensors".

Bob
Old 03-12-05, 08:57 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

i guess this is the type of seat heaters they placed on the GX. to me, it's not bad. I mean, how hot do we all want our seats to be, as hot as if the car was parked half a day in a 120 degree vegas heat (of summer)??? lol
Old 03-13-05, 01:41 PM
db6
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks - so I'm not alone - the only nice thing about

the heat level of the BMW seats was when my back was stiff - a twenty minute drive with the seats on high really lossened it up.
Old 03-13-05, 05:44 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Heating Pad

Originally Posted by db6

Thanks - so I'm not alone - the only nice thing about the heat level of the BMW seats was when my back was stiff - a twenty minute drive with the seats on high really lossened it up.
A person could use a regular heating pad for a stiff back. The pad uses about 55W and the AC Outlet provides 100W. Hadn't thought of that until I read your post.

~ Cap
Old 03-14-05, 12:42 AM
604GX470

Yeah, I can barely feel the heat even when it's on high. Not sure if anyone thinks the same, but I think that the heated seat switches are located at an inconvenient spot. Because I have to reach out from the seat when I wanna turn on the heated seat. Probably the designer didn't think that ppl would use that feature too often.
Old 03-14-05, 05:37 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by db6
I've had my GX for 3 weeks now, love it. It's been cold recently and I've been using the heated seats. The problem is they don't give off too much heat, barely getting warm. Is this how they are or do mine have an issue? I had a BMW and those seats would make my sweat.

Thanks for your hellp.
I agree! The dealer said it was normal so there is nothing they can do. I did mark it on my survey from Lexus, for what that is worth. My wife's X5 seats get so hot I have to turn them down to low after about 5 minutes. One really nice thing about her X5 is the heated steering wheel, really great option!! I wish Lexus had that option!
Old 03-22-05, 08:31 PM
luckylex
Rookie

My '05 GX seats get plenty hot. After reading many posts about the lack of heat, I didn't expect much, particularly after my last Mitsu could get very hot. To my pleasant surprise, they get quite hot where I end up having to turn it down or off.
Old 12-25-09, 10:54 AM
agood1
Rookie

My 04 does not get hot at all...at least not that I can tell. Neither seat seem to heat. The indicator light comes on, but I don't think the seat is warming at all. It gets just as warm by sitting in it as it does using the heater. Kind of a waste.
Old 12-25-09, 02:30 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Previously, I had an Acura with high and low settings for the heated seats. I was bummed when my new to me 2GS4 only had on and off settings. As I understand it and have come to appreciate, my GS seats heat up and then the integral thermostat keeps the seats from getting too hot. No more fooling around with high and low - just turn it on and let it do its thing.

Now the GX. I think it has fourteen settings?! On and off would be my ideal, but a high and low would be OK. Why so many settings in between on and off?! Ugh.

Ranting aside, I turn them on full and back them off to a mid-way point once they get warm. I hadn't really thought about it, but I don't think either my GS or GX are all that warm. They get warm enough for me, so I'm happy in that regard.
Old 12-25-09, 02:43 PM
Triplenet
Driver School Candidate

My '04 GX has seats that you can run on full blast and barely notice it.
Past BMW's and current Porsche will burn your butt.
I think it's a matter of getting used to the equipment and realizing that Lexus has "barely" heated seats.
Bob
Old 12-25-09, 02:44 PM
Triplenet
Driver School Candidate

PS: I forgot about the Mini S which has real butt burners!
Bob
Old 12-26-09, 01:29 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CdeFabio

One really nice thing about her X5 is the heated steering wheel, really great option!! I wish Lexus had that option!
The new GX 460 has that option.

~ Cap

Quick Reply: Heated seats not too hot?