GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

HID Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-06, 09:11 AM
LexGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you guys think about these kits right here? They sound too good to be true but haha i want it to be true. Let me know what you guys think. All opinons are appreciated.
the first kit is a philips, or the seller claims that it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
And the second one is an aftermarket brand:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanks all!
by the way, i'm new to the club.
Old 02-20-06, 01:50 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default know your source

Not to put a damper on anybody's eBay buys, but there was an article in today's paper (sorry, not on the net) about several Xeon headlight theft rings that have stolen thousands of lights off people's luxury cars in northern NJ. Police are trying to figure out where these lights are going.

Make sure your lights aren't "hot" before you install them.

Perhaps we should thank Lexus for their theft deterrence foresight when with their cheap OEM headlights!
Old 02-25-06, 08:29 PM
Sammzway
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Not to put a damper on anybody's eBay buys, but there was an article in today's paper (sorry, not on the net) about several Xeon headlight theft rings that have stolen thousands of lights off people's luxury cars in northern NJ. Police are trying to figure out where these lights are going.

Make sure your lights aren't "hot" before you install them.

Perhaps we should thank Lexus for their theft deterrence foresight when with their cheap OEM headlights!
Even until this day I can't park my Maxima anywhere around Queens or Brooklyn without having to check on the headlights every 10 minutes. I always park in a lot. I have upgraded my Maxima headlights to the 03 Maxima HIDS and we all know how crazy it was last year with the HID theft. The crooks were aiming for 02-03 Maxima and Acura TL headlights. My friend, cousin and neighbors were victims of Maxima HID theft.

I know Lexus HIDS were never a problem because its not easy to steal Lexus headlights. But lord it's so easy to steal my maxima headlights. Anyway, just wanted to share this insight with everyone

Old 02-26-06, 09:57 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam-
There was an article posted here somewhere (I think in the car discussion forum) about how the state of NJ sued Nissan about the ease of stealing those headlights. There was some sort of settlement, but how much consumers or theft victims will see in this state...

So far nobody has been interested in the headlights on my 95 Maxima Age has some benefits.
Old 02-26-06, 07:06 PM
Sammzway
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Sam-
There was an article posted here somewhere (I think in the car discussion forum) about how the state of NJ sued Nissan about the ease of stealing those headlights. There was some sort of settlement, but how much consumers or theft victims will see in this state...

So far nobody has been interested in the headlights on my 95 Maxima Age has some benefits.
Yeah, i've heard something about that too.

95 maxima has the best body style ever in maxima history.