GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV Welcome Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 07:31 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SGT,

There is no longer an active link for BT option, not too sure why that is, but it used to be there. Here is the URL the refers to customers who had pre-ordered the kit w/ BT option:

http://www.coastaletech.com/04prius.htm

Bluetooth Enable for Nav Enhancement Kit! -Preorder SOLD OUT!!
This does not effect orders already placed. Bluetooth and Nav combo kit will ship together when Bluetooth product shipment begins.
-Alex
Old 01-19-06, 07:41 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
SGT,

There is no longer an active link for BT option, not too sure why that is, but it used to be there. Here is the URL the refers to customers who had pre-ordered the kit w/ BT option:

http://www.coastaletech.com/04prius.htm

-Alex
Yeah, I recall seeing a link to the NAV/BT combo about a month ago, but I guess they took it down since it's sold out. I wonder if they'll restock.
Old 01-19-06, 09:26 PM
peterh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually phoned Coastaletech and spoke to a live person...asked about the BT kit and it is supposed to allow use of the phone features when moving. She obviously didnt want to talk to me and would not give any indicaiton as to when the products would be in stock again. I asked if she thought it would be days, weeks, or months, and she said the website would update when they got them and basically hung up on me.

Talk about customer service...

Wish there was some other source for this type of product. I would think whoever designed this product would have more than just this one distributor. Based on all the posts about lack of customer service and response to phone and emails, I am hesitant to place any orders. I was shocked when I acutually had someone answer the phone and extremely disappointed by the attitude of whomever it was that answered. At least I got some information after several unanswered emails. Why have the "contact us" button if they never respond??

Sorry..had to rant a little...
Old 01-20-06, 06:16 AM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Default Who has recieved the nav kit?

Hello all,

Please post if you have recieved the nav kit......roll call......

Thank you,

Bill
Old 01-20-06, 08:03 AM
Tin Star
Rookie

Originally Posted by peterh
Actually phoned Coastaletech and spoke to a live person...asked about the BT kit and it is supposed to allow use of the phone features when moving. She obviously didnt want to talk to me and would not give any indicaiton as to when the products would be in stock again. I asked if she thought it would be days, weeks, or months, and she said the website would update when they got them and basically hung up on me.

Wish there was some other source for this type of product. I would think whoever designed this product would have more than just this one distributor. Based on all the posts about lack of customer service and response to phone and emails, I am hesitant to place any orders. I was shocked when I acutually had someone answer the phone and extremely disappointed by the attitude of whomever it was that answered. At least I got some information after several unanswered emails. Why have the "contact us" button if they never respond??

Here is my theory...This company is owned by people who bought a Prius and then got into the business. I think his wife is such a tree hugger that the minute you say " I drive a big gas guzzling SUV truck and I like to go 4 wheeling in the forest where I run down little trees and destroy mother earth'" She gets a attitude and end of conversation. Those few who have gotten the harness I believe have ordered directly off the web site and not told her they don't drive the Prius.
Old 01-20-06, 08:59 AM
peterh
Rookie

Wish your theory was true, but I never mentioned I had a GX - just asked difference between BT kit and standard kit and when stock may be back in.
Old 01-20-06, 09:31 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

AFter seeing over 100 posts and this so called company never responds to emails, I hope that no one else is going to order from them. What kind of a business are they running if they don't bother to even respond to potential customers?
Old 01-20-06, 11:42 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confirmed over telephone call today, I'm in que for NAV&BT kit...

Will certainly keep you all posted, when I receive it...

-Alex

PS. Shipping is still pending when the BT kit becomes available...
Old 02-07-06, 10:01 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No Response

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

After seeing over 100 posts and this so called company never responds to emails, I hope that no one else is going to order from them. What kind of a business are they running if they don't bother to even respond to potential customers?

I too, have called them. Got machine instructing to send e-mail. Sent them two e-mails one week apart. Still, no response.

~ Cap
Old 02-07-06, 04:02 PM
JWS3
Pole Position

Default I checked their website--the thing looks almost home made!

Gotta wonder if these people are building it in the garage. Hmmm.......
Old 02-13-06, 07:02 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by peterh

Yep...that happened to me awhile back. Also, about a month ago, I printed out one of the threads and highlighted a bunch of comments and mailed it to them! I am sure they got it but, they don't really care. Small mom and pop organization. Not real business people IMHO but what other choice do we have?

We'll have to wait...and wait...and wait...
Old 02-13-06, 08:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Well, alot of you have the patience.
For me, I don't like to put up with business who don't care about the customers, why should we put up or support their business?

Good luck everyone. I'll just give my finger daily exercises than to put up with this.
Old 02-13-06, 08:53 AM
darylhuff
Rookie

For a similar reason as why everyone likes to complain about Walmart and claim they don't shop there due to their business practices and where a lot of their merchandise comes from, yet Walmart is the largest retailer in the US. It's a trade-off between my best interests (money in the Walmart case, convenience in the coastal tech case) and business practices that some don't agree with. I like my money, I don't like hitting the "I Agree" button like a trained monkey, and I'm not so PC that I won't admit it. I have my coastal tech nav enhancement installed and love it.
Old 02-13-06, 09:16 AM
JWS3
Pole Position

Default Does anyone know if the Coastaltech unit works on '06 models?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 02-13-06, 03:48 PM
rklages
Pole Position

Default Coastaltech on an 06

Ordered one last week to try on my 06 since I could not find an exact answer, we will see how it works if and when I get the kit - they are supposed to be back to work this week after 2 weeks off, so we will see how long it takes to get it, since they offer no feedback whatsoever when you purchase and the consensus is that you can never get a hold of them etc etc etc.

Someone else out there must be smart enough to figure out how to build one of these and sell the million units to all the people that these guys can't seem to supply.

Quick Reply: NAV Welcome Screen