GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Incredible DVD Modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 09:31 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incredible DVD Modification

Okay guys, I have read more about the DVD issue than most but, I finally buckled down and shelled out the clams to have what I think, one of the best entertainment systems out there. I do not have pics yet, will do so soon but, wanted you to know what my local guy did for me. He works on very high end cars and knows what he is doing. So, here goes:

1) Dual 7" Master DVD Headrests

2) Nav screen enabled to watch DVD

3) Installed a slimline drop down monitor for third row seats (when down, it does not interfere at all with rearview mirror)

4) Installed RGB ports in flip down rear audio console area

5) Installed RGB ports in rear cargo area, recessed nicely where the plastic latches are where the car jack is located, that doubles as game port or DVD out for placing a bigger TV out on a table (if I ever needed it)

6) Installed a toggle switch next to "2nd Start" button so driver can watch either DVD headrest

7) 2nd row seat passengers can watch either DVD that is playing

8) 3rd row monitor can choose from either DVD that is playing on the headrest monitors or, there is an input for gaming or a portable DVD player (in the event that you had to have 3 dvd's going at once!)

I know, it sounds like a bit of overkill and some of my friends have said I "pimped my ride" but heck, I love it!

On trips, I can place my son's PS2 in the back, have him use his RF wireless controllers, and he can play games while my daughter watches her DVD. If she gets bored, she can hit a button and watch him play his game too or, play along as well.

I may not have described this very well but, I am very excited about it and wanted to get the information out there because, I know some of you in the Central New Jersey area (or NY) will want to make the drive once you see how well the system was installed. It really is great!

Last edited by 4everlexus; 07-13-05 at 12:43 PM. Reason: changed to: "one of the best..." sounded to cocky.
Old 07-13-05, 09:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Wow, sounds amazing!

Hope you can take a trip and come down to the big Lexus meet in August in Baltimore. www.lexfest.net to sign up and more details (its free, just for Lexus enthusiasts by Lexus enthusiasts). I know the one guy signed up with a GX so far (Justin) would love to see it as I'm sure many other folks would including me.
Old 07-13-05, 09:35 PM
4everlexus
Rookie

Default http://www.lexfest.net/

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Wow, sounds amazing!

Hope you can take a trip and come down to the big Lexus meet in August in Baltimore. www.lexfest.net to sign up and more details (its free, just for Lexus enthusiasts by Lexus enthusiasts). I know the one guy signed up with a GX so far (Justin) would love to see it as I'm sure many other folks would including me.
Will try to make the trip...have some friends down that way and a GREAT reason to get away!

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-14-05, 04:59 PM
orion7701
Driver School Candidate

Out of curiousity... can you share what you paid for the setup?