GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Heads up to any prospective new owners, GREAT dealership in Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 05:31 PM
Evilknevil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads up to any prospective new owners, GREAT dealership in Massachusetts

Hello all, I am a new member of CL as I have just purchased an 06 GX470 (Black Onyx, ML,Nav, 3rd row, Spoiler, and SIRIUS). I wanted to give everyone the heads up about how Watertown Lexus does business. I began with emails to the dealership, and they were answered promptly. When I came to the dealership, Nikki in sales brought the car up to the showroom, and then had the deal I wanted worked out in no time flat. No word of a lie, I put my deposit down and I was done in 30 minutes. No cheesy car salesmen lines, no B.S., no aggrivation! On top of that, they did the Sirius install even though they aren't supposed to per Lexus, and it works fine. The delivery was smooth and problem free, a fantastic transaction from beginning to end. Kudos to Watertown!

Honestly, I feel that I owe them this salute because of the extraordinary customer service they gave me. Anyone who is thinking about buying their Lexus, please call Nikki in sales at Watertown Lexus (617) 926-0500. I used to work in "the business" and I know how important referrals are to salespeople. The sales manager, Barry Rawl, was very easy to work with and friendly. The Business manager, Mike Cusak was not only great to talk with, he took care of me on a Simoniz package for my BLACK truck that is easily the best wax and sealant I've ever seen.

Don't worry guys, now I'm stepping down from the soapbox, give those guys (and girls) a shot at earning your business and I doubt you'll be disappointed. Tell Nikki that Ken sent her another customer, and that I said thanks again for EVERYTHING.
Old 11-14-05, 07:05 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I just bought a GX from Barry last month.
Old 11-14-05, 07:18 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

This is great to know. Congratulations to both of you on your new beasts!

I bought my GX there in the summer of '04 (and had a good experience), but they've had a LOT of turnover in the sales department ever since. From postings on other websites, it didn't seem like all of the interim people were that great. In fact, I remember reading some scary stories, and the dealership did lose the "Elite" status for the year (not sure if because of sales issues, but this may have been a factor).

However, back in late September '05, I was walking around the showroom while the GX was in the shop, and I met a few of the new people. They were all very pleasant. There was a lady in charge of customer relations who introduced herself, but I don't remember her name. Also, there was a retired gentleman named Bruce who was a new sales consultant and was also extremely nice. It was evident that they had cleaned house and kept few (if any) of the old sales employees. And this was all at 7:30am!

It's nice to know I should go back there when I get the itch for a new car! I actually wanted to, since they treated me so well in May '04.
Old 11-14-05, 07:25 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

It is pretty common to have high turn over for car salesmans, I know a few of them and they move around quite a bit. The gentleman I bought my car from was also a retiree, his name was Lee. I went in there all set to battle for the lowest price. It never happened lol, they were just amazing. They work with me on a good price for the GX as well as my trade in. I haven't dealt with the service yet, I hope they are as good as the sales department.
Old 11-14-05, 10:07 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of weeks ago when I was shopping for a new 06 GX, I contacted Lexus of Watertown and Barry did give me a great price on the 06. However, he was $2,250 low on my 05 GX trade in. So I purchased the 06 from the same dealer who I got the 05 from and they also were 100 miles closer to me than Watertown. But Watertown does have some great prices on new GX's.
Just watch out if you have a trade. They are savages.
Old 11-15-05, 05:15 AM
JWS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As for tre values- they were better than any other (m)

Originally Posted by BobsGX
A couple of weeks ago when I was shopping for a new 06 GX, I contacted Lexus of Watertown and Barry did give me a great price on the 06. However, he was $2,250 low on my 05 GX trade in. So I purchased the 06 from the same dealer who I got the 05 from and they also were 100 miles closer to me than Watertown. But Watertown does have some great prices on new GX's.
Just watch out if you have a trade. They are savages.
dealer I spoke with in 2-3 differerent states. Go figure.......