GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CD Text supported with the Standard Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-05, 06:31 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CDEFabio,

I have a 05' GX with DVD RES and NAV, and there is NO CD-TEXT button to be found?

There are two (2) types of buttons physical (dash) and virtual (touch screen). There are only a small handful of bullons on the dash.

ON/OFF VOLUME (DIAL #1)
AM
FM
TAPE
DISC
TUNE (DIAL #2)
EJECT
SCAN (RADIO STATION)

Virtual AFTER you hit the AUDIO button to BRING up on screen display for CD playter
Aqua colored screen with a few VIRTUAL buttons on the screen

(LEFT side)
ASL (Automatic Sound Level on/off)
SOUND (Brings GRAPHIC version of BALANCE and FADE controls)

(Center screen - SIX buttons)
1. Disc RPT 2. Disc RAND 3. Disc SCAN
4. RPT 5. RAND 6. SCAN

That's all, I would LOVE to know where to FIND the CD-TEXT button...

(PS. The Aux/MD option there is a virtual TEXT button [touch screeen] for MD-TEXT which you can use for an MD player or with Vaistech's add-on hardware module, an Apple IPOD's playlists and songs will display on the NAV screen...

I'll take pics when I can find my digital camera...

Last edited by lonewolf69; 12-13-05 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-14-05, 05:38 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lonewold69, I do not have the ML system so my experience will be different than yours. I am having a hard time copying a picture from the manual, but my Text button is on the right and is part of the scan button. I did a search on the manual from the www.lexus.com site and it also said for the ML system you must press the MSG button to get text info for radio stations. You might want to do a search for "text", it does pull up some info for the ML system. It does not look as easy to display the text from cd's as mine is though, but I bet your system sounds a whole lot better. Let me know what you find out because my next GX will have the ML system and I would hate to lose this feature.

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
CDEFabio,

I have a 05' GX with DVD RES and NAV, and there is NO CD-TEXT button to be found?

There are two (2) types of buttons physical (dash) and virtual (touch screen). There are only a small handful of bullons on the dash.

ON/OFF VOLUME (DIAL #1)
AM
FM
TAPE
DISC
TUNE (DIAL #2)
EJECT
SCAN (RADIO STATION)

Virtual AFTER you hit the AUDIO button to BRING up on screen display for CD playter
Aqua colored screen with a few VIRTUAL buttons on the screen

(LEFT side)
ASL (Automatic Sound Level on/off)
SOUND (Brings GRAPHIC version of BALANCE and FADE controls)

(Center screen - SIX buttons)
1. Disc RPT 2. Disc RAND 3. Disc SCAN
4. RPT 5. RAND 6. SCAN

That's all, I would LOVE to know where to FIND the CD-TEXT button...

(PS. The Aux/MD option there is a virtual TEXT button [touch screeen] for MD-TEXT which you can use for an MD player or with Vaistech's add-on hardware module, an Apple IPOD's playlists and songs will display on the NAV screen...

I'll take pics when I can find my digital camera...
Old 12-14-05, 11:53 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

I do not have a MSG button for RDSS, for radio station... If you'll hop onto EBAY now you'll see a screen shot of the ML with NAV... No button for this, I would LOVE to show you a picture of the NAV screen but I still have to find the Digital camera first... I should have bought a BIGGER camera...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...97055735QQrdZ1

*note - the closeup of the radio on this model show a "TRAF" button on the DASH on the 05' model, this is a "SCAN" button I've tried hitting it but nothing shows up...

Um this is with with store bought CD with CD-Text encoded on the disc...
Old 12-14-05, 12:26 PM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

lonewolf69, I believe the msg button is on the screen and not a physical button on the dash. My system looks very different than what is pictured in your link. I know the manual did have some info on how to view CD Text with the ML system but I am not sure if it always shows it or if you have to hit some button, mine always shows it if you hit the Text button. Page 276 in my manual talks about this. I believe on page 143 it will talk about the ML system and CD Text. Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-05, 12:50 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the Nav Manual, around pg 155, when a CD-Text disc is in, you hit the physical Disk button:

CD text only — The disc title and track title will
appear on the screen when pushing the
“DISC” button.
Old 12-14-05, 07:05 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Lofin, CdeFabio,

Thanks for the HEADS up on PG. 155 of NAV supplement! This really helps... and the CD-TEXT did display...

BUT...

ONLY via the DVD-player... The 6 DISC CD changer does NOT display CD-TEXT...

So while pg 155 does indeed show the GX capable of displaying CD-TEXT the 6 DISC Pioneer changer that is equiped in my GX does not....

Has anyone here been able to display the CD_TEXT via the 6 DISC CD-Changer...? Somehow, I don't think the Pioneer 6 DISC changer supports this feature...
Old 12-16-05, 05:43 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

That really sucks!! I also do not have the DVD option so I was not aware of this.

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Lofin, CdeFabio,

Thanks for the HEADS up on PG. 155 of NAV supplement! This really helps... and the CD-TEXT did display...

BUT...

ONLY via the DVD-player... The 6 DISC CD changer does NOT display CD-TEXT...

So while pg 155 does indeed show the GX capable of displaying CD-TEXT the 6 DISC Pioneer changer that is equiped in my GX does not....

Has anyone here been able to display the CD_TEXT via the 6 DISC CD-Changer...? Somehow, I don't think the Pioneer 6 DISC changer supports this feature...