GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CD Text supported with the Standard Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 04:47 AM
darrellk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Text supported with the Standard Radio?

Does the CD changer in the standard radio in the GX 470 support CD Text?

Darrell
Old 12-02-05, 05:09 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it does, if you burn your cd's with that option.
Old 12-02-05, 07:49 AM
darrellk
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Yes it does, if you burn your cd's with that option.
Thanks, that is good to know since when we get our 470 I am going to install Vais Auxiliary Input Adapter for XM radio.
Regards
Darrell

BTW, where in Mo are you? We are in Sedalia

Last edited by darrellk; 12-02-05 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Add question
Old 12-02-05, 09:49 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

I am in St. Louis, good to see another Missouri person on the boards!
Old 12-02-05, 05:33 PM
darrellk
Rookie

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
I am in St. Louis, good to see another Missouri person on the boards!
Thanks for the welcome

Darrell
Old 12-02-05, 08:28 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fabio,

I have a few burned CD-R's with CD-Text on them, my Sony CD-Player in the living room displays this, and my CD-player in my Media room does as well... When I take these CD-R's out to the car and Billy Joe's Greatest hits (ORIGINAL CD-music with CD-TEXT encoding), the GX does NOT display any text... ????!??

I would love to get this working and was told LONG again on this forum that it couldn't be done?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-05, 02:48 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Exclamation CDtext in Gen IV models

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Fabio,

I have a few burned CD-R's with CD-Text on them, my Sony CD-Player in the living room displays this, and my CD-player in my Media room does as well... When I take these CD-R's out to the car and Billy Joe's Greatest hits (ORIGINAL CD-music with CD-TEXT encoding), the GX does NOT display any text... ????!??

I would love to get this working and was told LONG again on this forum that it couldn't be done?

Thanks!
Lonewolf69, I think that the CD text support is only on the 2005 and up models. I don't know what you have, but it is the GenIV navigation systems that appear to support it. I have a 2004, and I don't have that feature either ... radio stations yes ... CD's no.
Old 12-05-05, 06:39 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Advocate,

I have the 2005 model... No such luck with the CD-Text...
Old 12-05-05, 07:23 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Unhappy What can I say .....

Hi Advocate,

I have the 2005 model... No such luck with the CD-Text...

As usual ... Lexus is right on top of that new technology
Old 12-05-05, 08:04 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

quick question, how do u burn cds with the text thingy with it so it'll appear in the GX???
Old 12-05-05, 08:56 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

RX900,

I haven't done this in awhile, but you basically have your CD-Burner software linked to ONLINE CD database, CDDBII and whatever commercial audio CD you insert will now have the CD-Text giving you the Artist Name, Song, Track, etc... Then in one of the OPTION settings when burning AUDIO CD's it asks if you would like to burn the CD-TEXT onto the disc, you choose yes...

Haven't done this in over two years but the last 15 CD's that I burned are working great in my 400 disc CD changer in my Home Theater and my Bedroom CD player with CD-Text, I also have one or two commerical CD's with CD-Text already imbedded into the disc, and these play fine also in my HOME setup with CD-TEXT displaying properly.

Unfortunately, just NOT in my GX 05'....
Old 12-07-05, 08:05 PM
NTXLEXS
Driver School Candidate

I haven't had any problems with CD Text displaying on my '03 without NAV but, I do have to push the "text" button on the raido to display it. Push once for the Album title and again for the song title. The CD text doesn't scroll like it does with RDS for radio stations.
Old 12-08-05, 12:44 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Nt,

That's the problem, if you have a NAV unit the CD-Text, somehow is missing and not available, however, from the screen shots of people who have installed the VaisTech unit the "TEXT" button re-appears in the MD (minidisc/AUX) input and it works...
Old 12-12-05, 04:50 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NTXLEXS
I haven't had any problems with CD Text displaying on my '03 without NAV but, I do have to push the "text" button on the raido to display it. Push once for the Album title and again for the song title. The CD text doesn't scroll like it does with RDS for radio stations.
Sorry guys, been on vacation and just got back. NTXLEXS is right, you must hit the TEXT button and it will work. Also works on radio staitons that transmit song info. Great feature!!
Old 12-13-05, 03:43 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

RX900,

I haven't done this in awhile, but you basically have your CD-Burner software linked to ONLINE CD database, CDDBII and whatever commercial audio CD you insert will now have the CD-Text giving you the Artist Name, Song, Track, etc... Then in one of the OPTION settings when burning AUDIO CD's it asks if you would like to burn the CD-TEXT onto the disc, you choose yes...

Haven't done this in over two years but the last 15 CD's that I burned are working great in my 400 disc CD changer in my Home Theater and my Bedroom CD player with CD-Text, I also have one or two commerical CD's with CD-Text already imbedded into the disc, and these play fine also in my HOME setup with CD-TEXT displaying properly.

Unfortunately, just NOT in my GX 05'....
wait (i know i sound stupid asking ) but the cd burning program needs to know the title of the cd and tracks using the internet?? i thought you can just type in the info and it will burn it on the cd.

i'm using windows media player. anyone have an idea how to turn the CD TEXT burning mode on so next time i burn a cd it will display in the GX??

Quick Reply: CD Text supported with the Standard Radio?