GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2004 GX470 Nav overide

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-05, 11:01 AM
25cliffy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

works great on my '04 - thanks everybody for the input, but I am still interested in turning on my backup camera while moving forward - no good reason but it sounds like fun!! Any new word on how to accomplish this ZEZSPEST?
Old 12-26-05, 01:38 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It does work on all Toyota and Lexus

This code sequence works for all 04 Navi units from Toyota and Lexus. I have done it and so have many others.
Old 12-26-05, 07:01 PM
zezspest
Driver School Candidate

Default Back-up Camera In Forward

works great on my '04 - thanks everybody for the input, but I am still interested in turning on my backup camera while moving forward - no good reason but it sounds like fun!! Any new word on how to accomplish this ZEZSPEST?

Still haven't figured out how I got it to work. My guess is there must be some hidden buttons & routine somewhere on the screen similar like the Nav overide. Hoping someone on the board can help us.
Old 12-27-05, 09:46 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 05 Nav sequence

I just did the 05 nav sequence to a 05 toyota land cruiser and it worked.

I hope you guys can find out how to activate that rear view camera while in forward motion that would be cool.
Old 01-13-06, 08:46 PM
bobnewhart
Driver School Candidate

Default Make it Nav change permanent

I got the nav to allow me to enter a destination while driving, but it only lasts as long as the car is on. Next time I start the car, it is back to the original state. Any way to make it a permanent override? Thanks.
Old 01-15-06, 02:22 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bobnewhart
I got the nav to allow me to enter a destination while driving, but it only lasts as long as the car is on. Next time I start the car, it is back to the original state. Any way to make it a permanent override? Thanks.
Nope. But after a few times, it will get so automatic, it will be in your finger's "muscle memory", like dialing your home phone number. And of course you don't need it every time you drive.

We are all waiting for CostalTech to complete a hardwired part that was supposed to be a "permanent" override. But we've been waiting 6+months without any word. Search CostalTech on this forum, for info.
Old 01-17-06, 08:26 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CoastalEtech - 1st sighting...!!! :)

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...&gopid=175667&

Check this out folks, someone actually got one installed...

-Alex

PS. Hopefully mine is shipping any day now too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-06, 05:51 AM
db6
Rookie

Default Order from CoastelTech -

I ordered the unit a week ago, and received it last night. Took all of 5 minutes to install. Just put the passenger seat all the way back, uncouple two connectors and install. The only tool I used was a small flat screwdriver to press release buttons on the connectors. Works just the way I thought it would - automatically hits the "I agree" button, then a couple of minutes later automatically goes through the override commands. I've only had it for a few hours, but seems to work fine. I wonder if constantly putting the NAV unit into the service mode will have any long term effects. For now it seems like a good solution.

I originally hesitated ordering, as CoastalTech never responded to any emails I sent them. Once I placed the order I received a confirmation, then additional copnfirmations as it was shipped and delivered.
Old 01-18-06, 03:12 PM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default nav overide glitch

Anybody notice that in the factory setting, when you touch the screen and make the bullseye appear away from the yellow circle it shows you how far away you are from the bullseye in the lower left portion of the screen. Plus, as you drive this number continually updates how close/far you are getting to/from the bullseye...

Anyway, after doing the nav overide sequence (which is a great thing) I noticed after touching the screen and bringing up the bullseye, the distance still shows up in the lower left corner but DOESN"T update itself.

Not a big deal by any means but I like that feature. That way I can continually remind my wife how much further to the next bathroom.

Does this coastaltech gadget alleviate this problem (problem is probably not the right word)

CcS
Old 01-18-06, 05:19 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re-Ordered

Originally Posted by db6

I originally hesitated ordering, as CoastalTech never responded to any emails I sent them. Once I placed the order I received a confirmation, then additional copnfirmations as it was shipped and delivered.

As I said before, I re-ordered this morning. However, during the process, it stated that they would NOT be sending a Confirmation, but suggested I print the order for my records. Also stated that my charge would not be put through until they shipped, just as it stated in my first order.

In the meantime, the Visa Card number I originally gave them has changed, so that was another reason for re-ordering.

I'll keep you posted.

~ Cap
Old 01-18-06, 05:50 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

DB6, Cap,

Sucks for me as one of the original customers who placed a pre-order from them MONTHS ago...

Sorry just venting, I still want my promo price and bluetooth option, Cap did you get this bluetooth option as well?

-Alex

Hmmmmmmmmmm, just checked out their website, and it says the pre-ordered NAV kits with Bluetooth is now sold out. Those with pre-orders will still get them as soon as bluetooth unit arrives... Perhaps this is the reason why my order is delayed... Coastal ETech, I'm a calling you tomorrow...!!!!

Last edited by lonewolf69; 01-18-06 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-21-06, 03:03 PM
GoldenBlue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Capirato
With ignition key on.....

Press on "I agree"

Press on "Menu"

Press on "DVD"

Press on upper left corner of screen

Press on lower left corner of screen

Press on upper left corner of screen

Press on lower left corner of screen

Press on lower right corner of screen

Press on "Override" and hold until a beep is heard

Press "Back"

Press "MAP / Voice"

That's it !!!

~ Cap
Tried this on my 05. No Joy. Got the override screen and still gives me the nag screen.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 01-21-06, 03:42 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue
Tried this on my 05. No Joy. Got the override screen and still gives me the nag screen.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Re-read the posts (or search and read the other posts)...

This has NOTHING to do with defeating the "I Agree" nag screen.

This allows you to look up and put in Destinations while moving.

It is only overrides until you power off. Then you do it again the next time you are driving (if you need to enter destinations).
Old 01-22-06, 08:11 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coastal TV

Originally Posted by lonewolf69

DB6, Cap,

Sucks for me as one of the original customers who placed a pre-order from them MONTHS ago...

Sorry just venting, I still want my promo price and bluetooth option, Cap did you get this bluetooth option as well?

-Alex
Alex.....

This appears on my VISA Charge. I'll keep you posted.

COASTAL TV AND ELECTRO - INDIALANTIC $109.00

~ Cap
Old 01-22-06, 11:47 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Cap,

Great news, looks like you're getting your shipment soon!!!

-Alex

Quick Reply: 2004 GX470 Nav overide