GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

You CAN adjust bluetooth volume so you are heard better!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 08:02 AM
robinzon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You CAN adjust bluetooth volume so you are heard better!!!

Hey all I am sure many people complained to you that they cannot hear you when you are using the handsfree system (bluetooth) to talk to them from the car. That CAN be remedied, of course everything you do, do it at your own risk (and remember to have the vehiclse parked when you do any manipulations of the display screen).

Go to the diagnostics menu (either hold INFO and turn the lights on and off 3 times or hit DISPLAY and within the frame created by the display options hit UPPER LEFT - LOWER LEFT 3 times). You will see a diagnostic screen, hit MENU then go to BLUETOOTH then change the OUTGOING CALL LEVEL to +3 or so.... you are done....
Old 01-18-06, 11:27 AM
dimonchik9
Driver School Candidate

Will it take that setting forever, or you have to do it every time you start the car?
Old 01-18-06, 12:15 PM
robinzon
Driver

It will take the setting and keep it, unless of course you disconnect the battery (even then it might keep it ... if it has a backup bat.) at any rate it sticks.
Old 01-24-06, 11:23 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Thank you for the info robinzon

Another thing that I notice is to have your ringer on the phone set to at least 5 sec, that gives it time to ring and for the vehicle to pick it up through the speaker.

I think I initially set it on 3 sec and couldn't even hear the phone ring and it would automatically go to bluetooth. Then you have that hello, hello???
Old 01-24-06, 04:12 PM
peterh
Rookie

Works pretty good...I found that I have to access that menu with the lights-on-off process. Also found that as you increase the outgoing volume, it increases the level of distortion. The quieter the volume, the clearer it is, but hard to hear. I found that increasing to +1 worked best. Once I got up to +2 or 3 the other end was loud but highly distorted and hard to understand.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-24-06, 10:00 PM
robinzon
Driver

GS3 I am not sure what you meant by ringer time.. please elaborate
Old 01-24-06, 10:17 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by robinzon
Hey all I am sure many people complained to you that they cannot hear you when you are using the handsfree system (bluetooth) to talk to them from the car. That CAN be remedied, of course everything you do, do it at your own risk (and remember to have the vehiclse parked when you do any manipulations of the display screen).

Go to the diagnostics menu (either hold INFO and turn the lights on and off 3 times or hit DISPLAY and within the frame created by the display options hit UPPER LEFT - LOWER LEFT 3 times). You will see a diagnostic screen, hit MENU then go to BLUETOOTH then change the OUTGOING CALL LEVEL to +3 or so.... you are done....
This does work for an 04' LS
Old 01-25-06, 10:18 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by robinzon
GS3 I am not sure what you meant by ringer time.. please elaborate
On my phone under "Car settings",there's an auto answer mode where it asks whether you want the car to automatically pick up an incoming call in 2 sec, 5 sec, 10sec or not at all. Basically, when I had it initially in 2 sec, I couldn't hear an incoming ring at all and the car BT would just automatically answer without an early sign.
I then changed to 5 sec where I could hear it ring through the BT, THEN I can say Hello without any delay.
Something that I found was weird for me, but maybe it was working properly for you already.
Old 01-25-06, 01:04 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
On my phone under "Car settings",there's an auto answer mode where it asks whether you want the car to automatically pick up an incoming call in 2 sec, 5 sec, 10sec or not at all. Basically, when I had it initially in 2 sec, I couldn't hear an incoming ring at all and the car BT would just automatically answer without an early sign.
I then changed to 5 sec where I could hear it ring through the BT, THEN I can say Hello without any delay.
Something that I found was weird for me, but maybe it was working properly for you already.
I have mine set not to answer until I choose to answer the call.