GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Urgent**nav Problem**see If You Can Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 01:19 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Urgent**nav Problem**see If You Can Help

When I start my car the screen reads as follows:

"CAUTION. Error; System unable to access the program. Incorrect Program Disk. Pleas insert proper disk. (Japanese character strewn throughout)"

The Navigation does not work. The audio system does work. This screen is displayed each time I press the Map(voice) button.

In the worst case scenario, I will have to bring the car in to the dealership. If SOMEONE can help I would greatly appreciate it.

HELLLLLLLLLLP
Old 01-26-06, 01:29 PM
my gx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcreech
When I start my car the screen reads as follows:

"CAUTION. Error; System unable to access the program. Incorrect Program Disk. Pleas insert proper disk. (Japanese character strewn throughout)"

The Navigation does not work. The audio system does work. This screen is displayed each time I press the Map(voice) button.

In the worst case scenario, I will have to bring the car in to the dealership. If SOMEONE can help I would greatly appreciate it.

HELLLLLLLLLLP

The same thing happened to me but i hit the load jap software in a menu that i was not soposed to be in so i had to take it to the dealer and they said that the map dvd box thats under the passenger side seat was not reading the disk so they replaced it and now it work tell the dealer what u did and they night be able to help you.
Old 01-26-06, 03:04 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

What exactly did they replace? The entire unit under the seat or the disk?
Old 01-26-06, 04:45 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by my gx
The same thing happened to me but i hit the load jap software in a menu that i was not soposed to be in so i had to take it to the dealer and they said that the map dvd box thats under the passenger side seat was not reading the disk so they replaced it and now it work tell the dealer what u did and they night be able to help you.

lesson learned the programming menu will mess up your navi hehe
Old 01-27-06, 05:13 PM
tella
Driver

There are two oprions to fix this problem.
1. Insert a Japanese version of the map DVD and let it upload the firmware for your dvd player, then once again use the service manu to reload the English software and once again reload the US map DVD;
2. Take the SUV to the dealer and have them replace the GPS console unit, since this is the least they can do for you.
Good luck.
Old 01-28-06, 10:17 AM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

jcreech, I have LX. After 1.5 of use I had suddenly the same "Insert correct disk". IT IS NOT disk fault, because the head of DVD-player doesn't touch the disk during play and if u didn't scratch it then it is not disk problem. It is malfunction of one of 2 boxes under the seat, so only replacement can help.

By the way advise me the price after u change.
Old 01-30-06, 04:05 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re-install DVD

I have a suggestion..... Try this, can't hurt:

Remove the Nav DVD from the Nav unit.

Disconnect the Battery.

Reconnect the Battery.

Reinstall the DVD into the Nav unit. It's worth a try.....

Recently, I disconnected the Battery of my GS. When I started the car, the NAV unit showed a bunch of Japanese characters, but then settled down and the proper screen showed on the monitor, which leads me to think that something was being loaded onto the Nav System from the DVD.

Therefore, by going through the above ritual, anything that was changed to the firmware, may be lost when the battery is disconnected and reloaded when the battery is reconnected.

I don't know if the above will help, but it's something I would try if it was my car.

~ Cap