GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

tsb for unusual brake feel in 05 gx

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-06, 06:38 AM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tsb for unusual brake feel in 05 gx

had vibrations upon braking at higher speeds, the dealer machined the rotors and the vibes were gone. now there is a new problem . the pedal almost touches the floor, did some research and found a tsb for it will send the car back to the dealer with the info. any of you guys have this problem.
Old 05-02-06, 07:21 AM
rajwany
Driver

Unhappy

hey guys am i the only one with this problem. need help
Old 05-02-06, 10:34 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rajwany
hey guys am i the only one with this problem. need help
hey rajwany
well i had a similar vibration when i changed my brake pads few months ago.. but i got the rotors machined and vibration at brakin was all gone... pedal does go down but not that much.. just a tiny bit... but it all depends on how much machining they did... i just got mine done only at surface .. level one its called at midas. lexus might have machined alot more on urs and thats why pedal has gone further down... the only other problem coud be with the pressure coming from Mastercylinder... but i highly dout thats the problem.

I would suggest buying BREMBO BOTH FRONT ROTORS.. (for only 100 on ebay) and replace them.. that way you will get best in braking .. smooth n less stopping distance.
Old 05-04-06, 08:27 AM
rklages
Pole Position

Sounds like they took too much off the rotors and they are too thin now, beyond the spec. The extra bad news is that which less metal, the brakes usually head up faster and hotter and just warp again pretty quickly. I would definitely take it back and complain!
Old 05-04-06, 08:38 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rklages
Sounds like they took too much off the rotors and they are too thin now, beyond the spec. The extra bad news is that which less metal, the brakes usually head up faster and hotter and just warp again pretty quickly. I would definitely take it back and complain!
well u can try taking it back.. how many miles on urs ...??
the only thing is that... its really not thier fault.. sometimes they have to take alot for making them perfectly straight and smooth... and they usually do recommend changing them if thats the case... i think the best you can do is.. buy the new Cross Drilled brembo rotors (which dissipate heat much better then the factory ones).. and ask them to put in without any further labour.. they mite agree to that.
Old 05-04-06, 10:15 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds to me as if they bleeded too much brake fluid out of the line. Did you check your levels?

CV
Old 05-04-06, 02:14 PM
rajwany
Driver

hey guys i only have 15k miles on it. i think there is a tsb out which they have to replace some clips and the pads. i will take the car back on monday
Old 05-04-06, 02:18 PM
sayadil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rajwany
hey guys i only have 15k miles on it. i think there is a tsb out which they have to replace some clips and the pads. i will take the car back on monday
15k.. thats too early.. hmm.. well keep us posted ... let us know what they did and if that fixed it... and tsb number and stuff. thanks.