GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models
View Poll Results: Where are your third row seats most of the time?
In the normal sitting position
4.88%
Hanging from the side walls.
40.85%
Sitting in the garage uncovered.
18.90%
Nicely stored in the basement with protection.
33.54%
Sold Them on Ebay!
1.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Where are your 3rd row seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 08:35 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rx900
Well maybe it depends on how big those people are. If they're just small kids, that are short, then yes you are the official driver. People usually know (and me too) that if someone says they can seat 8 people in their SUV, usually it's very cramped (i'm not that tall, only 5'11" ) in the third row.
Well, when it is teen aged girls, and it is you or their moms driving, the moms get to decide

I only use the 7 seats (don't want to bother with the extra headrest/top mounted seat belt, too - plus I am not sure three would fit back there.) They fight over who has to sit next to me - I suppose I should be insulted. It's a short ride so it is kind of fun for them - they all like to sleep in one platform tent also. The thing is, it is just as much work to take seats in and out for six miles as for a hundred!
Old 07-22-06, 11:41 AM
frankcpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gx 470 3rd row seats

does anyone need 3rd row seats for a gx 470? Make offer.
Old 07-24-06, 06:45 AM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

Mine are in the attic covered in plastic as well. Have no need for them, and they get in the way with the stroller, limits my space to stow my wife's bad shopping habits .

SC
Old 09-06-06, 09:43 AM
Josh's GX
Rookie

I have a quick question to everyone that no longer have thier third seat in the back. I too will be removing the third row because my dogs come to work with my wife and I every day. We have two boxers and I plan to get a metal kennel to put in the back after I remove the seats. So my question is, what are the dimensions behind the second row with the third row removed? If you could post lenght, height and width, in feet and inches, I would appreciate it. The reason I'm going with a metal kennel is so I can put it in sideways and there will be another door on the side of the kennel for the dogs to enter.
Old 09-15-06, 01:27 PM
BLKGX470
Driver

Mine are hangin' on the sides...do you think the leather will fade or discolor or get old if folded for long periods of time?
Old 09-15-06, 02:30 PM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLKGX470
Mine are hangin' on the sides...do you think the leather will fade or discolor or get old if folded for long periods of time?
No, the windows in the GX are UV protected. They are also tinted in the rear.

CV
Old 09-20-07, 07:30 AM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 114 Posts

Left rear seat is in the garage, right rear is in the car - usually in the down position cuz my kid likes to sit back there. I don't like carrying around the other seat every day as it eats up too much space even when folded up and I only need it when family comes to visit.
Old 09-20-07, 11:09 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I do the same thing, except I leave my left rear in the car, in the up position. I leave my left one on instead of the right because the right one, when in the up position, blocks my view.
Old 09-20-07, 11:16 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to add one more poll option for those us us in CA who do not have basements. Mine are stored up in the garage cieling racks with protection. Been there since I bought it.
Old 09-27-07, 06:05 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by cmarshack
You need to add one more poll option for those us us in CA who do not have basements. Mine are stored up in the garage cieling racks with protection. Been there since I bought it.
Yea, why is it homes don't have basements out here? Just wondering.
Old 09-27-07, 07:26 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BobsGX
Yea, why is it homes don't have basements out here? Just wondering.

Earthquakes and basements don't play well with one another

Old 09-29-07, 11:46 AM
BobsGX
Racer

[QUOTE=cmarshack;2946662]Earthquakes and basements don't play well with one another

Got to be more to it than that. I seem to recall that many homes in Florida and the southeast also don't have basements. They don't really get many earthquakes in those areas. I think the reason is the usual, costs to much to excavate.
Old 10-02-07, 07:56 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=BobsGX;2949928]
Earthquakes and basements don't play well with one another

Got to be more to it than that. I seem to recall that many homes in Florida and the southeast also don't have basements. They don't really get many earthquakes in those areas. I think the reason is the usual, costs to much to excavate.
Different areas of the country have different reasons. Here it is the seismic activity. In Florida it may be the water table...if you build a house that is only five feet above sea level you can't very well dig 10 feet down and expect to have a dry basement. But out here I have been told by builders that it's the earthquakes.
Old 10-02-07, 08:33 AM
NexVision
Rookie

Different areas of the country have different reasons. Here it is the seismic activity. In Florida it may be the water table...if you build a house that is only five feet above sea level you can't very well dig 10 feet down and expect to have a dry basement. But out here I have been told by builders that it's the earthquakes.
We just call it a inside pool...................
Old 10-18-07, 06:20 AM
Linko
Driver School Candidate

Mine are in the garage, in giant tupperware containers that we found at Lowes. We don't have a basement due to the water table being a max of 22 feet below our foundations here in Hilton Head. I think we're also in an earthquake zone, based on the earthquake bolts that protrude from all the historic buildings in Charleston. So, we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Quick Reply: Where are your 3rd row seats?