GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Acknowledging other GX drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 08:13 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did when I originally got my GX March 05... Every once in awhile I still do...

-Alex
Old 06-20-06, 11:09 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

well things aren't as bad here in toronto.. people usually wave at each other all the time.. around the neighborhood, or when ur making turns pretty much whenever ur makin eye contact with the other person... irrespective of the car ur driving.
I know few people on this site who don't acknowlege other people .. i can only imagine what they do when they get on road. haha.
its good to wave even if the others don't respond.. eventually they will get the idea.
Old 06-20-06, 12:14 PM
loflin
Pole Position

For someone to wave at you, they would have to see you. Have you tried looked for peoples eyes, they are everywhere except on the road, around here. Rearview mirror for makeup, cell phone, radio/MP3 buttons, kids in the back, even reading books/newspapers!
Old 06-20-06, 01:08 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Cool NOT the Acura MDX ..... (This is Off Topic)

Originally Posted by The G Man
If you are refering to the Acura MDX, you need not to be envious. I had a 04 MDX and traded it in for the GX. Lexus is a true luxury brand, Acura is a near luxury brand which has been declining in quality recently.
I hear what your saying, but my comment was not about the MDX. I think that vehicle is pretty lame actually. It is basically a front wheel drive car with an electronic clutch to activate the rear wheels. ANYWAY, I was referring to the TL and RL. If you have not had the pleasure of using the Nav system in that vehicle, you HAVE missed something. If you want something up the road, the system will locate it, and dial it for you once you have selected the business, all through the bluetooth link to your phone. All that with TRUE voice recognition, not the lame version we have. You can pop back and forth between the hands-free and phone for privacy if needed (all by a voice command). If that isn't enough, it will also give you real time traffic reports in one of the display modes. I get back into my GX and I feel like I have stepped back into the Techno Stone Age
Old 06-21-06, 11:28 AM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ADVocate
I hear what your saying, but my comment was not about the MDX. I think that vehicle is pretty lame actually. It is basically a front wheel drive car with an electronic clutch to activate the rear wheels. ANYWAY, I was referring to the TL and RL. If you have not had the pleasure of using the Nav system in that vehicle, you HAVE missed something. If you want something up the road, the system will locate it, and dial it for you once you have selected the business, all through the bluetooth link to your phone. All that with TRUE voice recognition, not the lame version we have. You can pop back and forth between the hands-free and phone for privacy if needed (all by a voice command). If that isn't enough, it will also give you real time traffic reports in one of the display modes. I get back into my GX and I feel like I have stepped back into the Techno Stone Age
So, I guess, if you want Prehistoric age, then get in a Mercedes, unbelievable. You can NOT even locate a Retail store (or a Post office, or a Movie Theater, etc. etc.) thru their POI function.

Anyway, you are aware that the Lex Nav DOES allow you to locate a POI on route and then will dial the business number thru your phone. Not sitting in the car right now ( ), but I believe once you have the POI, you hit Info to bring up the detail info, and the hit the call button (looks like a phone).
Old 06-21-06, 11:50 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Cool Voice recognition in Lexus ... SOX

Originally Posted by loflin
So, I guess, if you want Prehistoric age, then get in a Mercedes, unbelievable. You can NOT even locate a Retail store (or a Post office, or a Movie Theater, etc. etc.) thru their POI function.

Anyway, you are aware that the Lex Nav DOES allow you to locate a POI on route and then will dial the business number thru your phone. Not sitting in the car right now ( ), but I believe once you have the POI, you hit Info to bring up the detail info, and the hit the call button (looks like a phone).

Yes ... but try doing with voice recognition. Almost IMPOSSIBLE ..... or should I say M-poz-bull
Old 06-21-06, 02:10 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I get the locking of doors and clutching of purses. LOL.