GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Issue with Costal Tech "I agree" override

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-06, 04:15 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the coastal product has been on my watch list as well, but their focus is the prius and highlander hybrid. although the harnesses and such should be similar to lexus, the fact that they haven't released lexus compatible products has made me wait.

the good news is that for those you of who have ipods, Vais, a new CL vendor, sells an integrated iPod solution that also presses I Agree for you after a few seconds. it doesn't do anything else, but the software override on the Nav in motion and the cutting of the VSS for the bluetooth solve those other problems.

we recently added the Vais unit and did the various hacks, and now we can (1) control iPod with factory controls and view song titles on screen, (2) turn on the car and I Agree is pressed automatically in 5 seconds, (3) have full BT functionality on the go and (3) input the nav hack sequence when, and only when, we have a need to (which is probably about once a week at most).

in any case, i know it's not everything Coastal's does, but at least it is compatible and there are absolutely NO adverse effects to the nav system or the BT system.
Old 07-25-06, 04:52 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexuslover
the coastal product has been on my watch list as well, but their focus is the prius and highlander hybrid. although the harnesses and such should be similar to lexus, the fact that they haven't released lexus compatible products has made me wait.

the good news is that for those you of who have ipods, Vais, a new CL vendor, sells an integrated iPod solution that also presses I Agree for you after a few seconds. it doesn't do anything else, but the software override on the Nav in motion and the cutting of the VSS for the bluetooth solve those other problems.

we recently added the Vais unit and did the various hacks, and now we can (1) control iPod with factory controls and view song titles on screen, (2) turn on the car and I Agree is pressed automatically in 5 seconds, (3) have full BT functionality on the go and (3) input the nav hack sequence when, and only when, we have a need to (which is probably about once a week at most).

in any case, i know it's not everything Coastal's does, but at least it is compatible and there are absolutely NO adverse effects to the nav system or the BT system.
I have this unit. Can you please tell me how I make it do the agree push? Mine was installed at the stealership and it doesn't do that.

Thanks,
CV
Old 07-25-06, 09:31 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
I have this unit. Can you please tell me how I make it do the agree push? Mine was installed at the stealership and it doesn't do that.

Thanks,
CV
Vais just added the I Agree bypass in June. so if you bought recently, you should have it. they first released it with the group buy, and those units have the yellow dot on the top to show that they include the feature. also you can look at your manual that was shipped with the unit, if it has instructions for I Agree, then your unit is fitted for it.

to program it you go into the simple mode by pressing Scan 8 times quickly. the screen will show Ipod Interface or Simple Mode. then press and hold Disc Repeat until you hear a long beep. that will activate the I Agree bypass. you can test it by hitting MAP and waiting 5 sec to watch it go away. if it does not go away, then most likely you do not have the I Agree bypass, in which case you need to contact Vais for a firmware upgrade (aka send the unit back to them and they will update it).
Old 07-25-06, 02:25 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
New news is CostalTech has GX (and other Lex and Toyo models) on their compatible list now. Plus they have some new products and functions (including ability to have rear audio/video inputs directed to front screen and speakers). Also some sort of IPOD connection.

I have no experience, just went thru their website yesterday.

Note, it is a small outfit, and some people have complaints with their responsivness (in the past, anyway).
Old 07-25-06, 06:20 PM
coastdave
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Quality Coastal Products

the unit that is being referred to manufactured by Coastal was never advertised, offered or sold as compatible with the Lexus. It was sold and advertised as compatible with the Toyota Prius ONLY. When Lexus owners called or emailed- they were told to wait and that it was not compatible. If you buy a product that was not made for your car-you can't blame the product.
It cetainly isn't fair to Coastal.
The lockpick series, released last week, is compatible with the Lexus.
We have released a really great product for Lexus owners and have updated our website with increased functionality for our customers, a secure shopping cart, and an application guide. The Coastal Lockpick unlocks navigation, bluetooth, ipod, video and audio and more.
Its a great unit! It is at http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm
Thanks so much!
Kelley
www.coastalEtech.com

Last edited by coastdave; 07-25-06 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-25-06, 07:19 PM
2JZPWR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coastdave
the unit that is being referred to manufactured by Coastal was never advertised, offered or sold as compatible with the Lexus. It was sold and advertised as compatible with the Toyota Prius ONLY. When Lexus owners called or emailed- they were told to wait and that it was not compatible. If you buy a product that was not made for your car-you can't blame the product.
It cetainly isn't fair to Coastal.
The lockpick series, released last week, is compatible with the Lexus.
We have released a really great product for Lexus owners and have updated our website with increased functionality for our customers, a secure shopping cart, and an application guide. The Coastal Lockpick unlocks navigation, bluetooth, ipod, video and audio and more.
Its a great unit! It is at http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm
Thanks so much!
Kelley
www.coastalEtech.com
You show a 05-06 Lockpick but will it work for a 2003 GX?

Jerry
Old 07-26-06, 10:51 AM
coastdave
Driver School Candidate

Default Coastal Lockpick Series

Hello Jerry
No I'm sorry , the Coastal Lockpick is not compatible with the 03 GX 470-
only the 2005-2006 GX 470 as well as other model Lexus.
However, we do have a Universal video piece that will work with your vehicle
www.coastaletech.com/universal_video.htm

Please let me know if I may assist you further
Kelley
www.coastaletech.com
Old 07-26-06, 11:38 AM
loflin
Pole Position

Kelley (Coastdave), can you post or point to your installation guide for the Ultimate Lockpick (on a GX), I want to see what it entails before ordering (i.e. whether self installable with moderate skills, or I would need to arrange for a local "installer" to do it)?
Old 07-28-06, 09:22 PM
coastdave
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Do-it-Yourself :)

Hello Brooks
The unit is a simple plug and play-no wires to run, no cutting, no soldering.
The car remains stock in appearance. JUst plug it in and go
You will get to the back of the screen to plug your connectors in.
Generally, a moderate install -half an hour or so-less if you've done it before.

Kelley
Old 07-29-06, 12:21 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Jerry
No I'm sorry , the Coastal Lockpick is not compatible with the 03 and 04 GX 470-
only the 2005-2006 GX 470 as well as other model Lexus.
Why don't you folks make a module for the 03 and 04 GX ??

I too, hate to push the "I agree".

~ Cap
Old 07-30-06, 06:53 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Hello Brooks
The unit is a simple plug and play-no wires to run, no cutting, no soldering.
The car remains stock in appearance. JUst plug it in and go
You will get to the back of the screen to plug your connectors in.
Generally, a moderate install -half an hour or so-less if you've done it before.

Kelley
Kelley:

I have the XM kit plugged into my nav screen for my '05 GX. Does your Ultimate unit interface with this unit or does it use a separate connector.

Mitch
Old 07-30-06, 09:51 AM
JWS3
Pole Position

Default According to UPS I should have one shortly (m)

Originally Posted by mlbpbg
Kelley:

I have the XM kit plugged into my nav screen for my '05 GX. Does your Ultimate unit interface with this unit or does it use a separate connector.

Mitch
I'll let you know. If I recall, its just a matter of putting it in between the Nav unit under the seat & the harness. Plug n play.
Old 07-30-06, 07:40 PM
coastdave
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Ultimate Lock pick interface

Hello Mitch
The Lockpick will interface just fine with your xm. Please keep in mind for anyone who has ordered one, that as stated on the website, it will ship approx 2 weeks from order placement. The tracking number you are sent is accurate and will be updated once shipped.
Thanks!

Kelley
Old 07-31-06, 12:38 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CoastalTech

CoastDave.....

Why don't you folks make modules for the 03 and 04 GX ??

There must be a reason.

~ Cap
Old 08-01-06, 07:38 PM
coastdave
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Coastal Lockpick Series

Hello
Different years and models have different equipment in them.
Unfortunately, all GX's are not made equally
We are adding models/years all the time !

Kelley
PS I really like these icons !

Quick Reply: Issue with Costal Tech "I agree" override