GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone play games in your GX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-06 | 04:31 PM
nar191
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Anyone play games in your GX?

Im pretty sure im not the only one who notices that when you hook up your ps2 (or whatever console you own) to the inputs at the rear, the front screen cant display it.

There has to be a way to connect the rear rca inputs to the front screen.

** and i've bypassed the dvd safety feature also, so it's not that **
Old 07-15-06 | 07:30 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Well, just looking at this logically (although I know with car design that is not always the way for the smart money to bet):

In my home system, I have a DVD player. I can set that DVD player to input to my televsion, and watch the DVD on the TV. Likewise, at the same time I can attach wires from the DVD player to output to other devices, such as a VCR recorder or another TV or monitor. I have no problem watching from the DVD player to two screens.

Leaving this setup as is, I can take a video game player, movie camera, etc. and plug it directly into my TV. The TV will show the video game, but the additional monitor will not; it has no idea what information I am feeding the TV directly.

To make life more complicated, I can even feed the audio from both devices into my surround sound stereo system, so it will play both the DVD and game system audio. So if I turn off the TV, I can listen to the game system on the stereo and can't see it. (Yes, I actually have all kinds of weird setups on my TV - I'm the only one that can use it for most stuff).

So, I am guessing that the DVD player in the GX outputs to both screens, but the analog inputs for other external devices just feed into the back monitor.
Old 07-24-06 | 06:54 AM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

play games? All the time, we play the license plate game first one to 50 points, double letters count as 2 points you have to go thru the whole alphbet. let's see, we also play hide and go seek with our youngest daughter when she's in her seat. We play all kinds of game, we've even played catch with a tennis ball when the light turns red you have to toss the ball before the light turns green like hot potato...

J/K

Haven't hooked the Xbox yet, the only thing we play is the controller that came with the truck i guess with games loaded on that. thats all we play. But if you figure it out, by all means let me know.
Old 07-24-06 | 08:13 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

hehe yeah i have an xbox in mine great on trips and when were at weddings me and my friends just sit in the car and play away all we need now is an evdo router so we can game on the go xbl!
Old 07-24-06 | 10:13 AM
r210
Driver School Candidate

Default ????

Originally Posted by Kash
hehe yeah i have an xbox in mine great on trips and when were at weddings me and my friends just sit in the car and play away all we need now is an evdo router so we can game on the go xbl!
Does the AC power source in the back of GX have enough juice to power an Xbox 360?
Old 07-18-08 | 12:29 PM
agent 409
Rookie

i'm thinking about hooking up a PS3 in my gx..does the AC outlet provide enough power or is everyone running out of the cig lighter??
Old 07-30-08 | 11:01 AM
cknjohnny
Rookie

is there a way to bypass the navi and play dvd on there in the front?