GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CoastalTech Blue Lockpick

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-06, 09:40 AM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got email back from coastaltech....out of stock. credit card not charged. Kelley asked if i wanted to cancel the order, or wait til they get more. no word on how long of a wait. So i had to email her back asking for an around about delivery date.......you think she might have mentioned that...waiting on reply.will post outcome.

Ronnie
Old 11-09-06, 05:09 PM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

i don't have a release date at this moment.

Please let me know if I may assist you further : )
Kelley

WTF...... 2 weeks or 3 years lol........no service......come on thats such a BS line to hand a customer. If they dont have any, and have no idea when,
then they need to remove them from there web site.

just venting

anyone else ran into this crap?
Old 11-09-06, 08:39 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Horribly run company. They will not stay in business long.
Old 11-12-06, 06:41 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

I just started reading this forum subject. Could someone tell me in simple layman's terms what the coastaltech blue lockpick is and what it does? I have a loaded GX with just about everything on it but this and was wondering!
Old 11-13-06, 07:25 PM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dr.EinTN
I just started reading this forum subject. Could someone tell me in simple layman's terms what the coastaltech blue lockpick is and what it does? I have a loaded GX with just about everything on it but this and was wondering!
If you go to their website which is linked in this thread you can see all they do.Different lockpicks for unlocking your nav system.
Old 11-14-06, 08:41 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Just wanted to know how many folks have had this done successfully? Is everybody happy they did the install and did anyone have it "mess anything up?" Also, I noticed on their website that they rec. an ultimate lockpick 1 for the 2005-2006 GX, either with or without "6 disc DVD player." Do they mean with or without 6 disc CD changer in the glovebox? If I have the RSES and a 6 disc CD changer, which one do I need? Please give your input.
Old 11-15-06, 07:23 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to know how many folks have had this done successfully? Is everybody happy they did the install and did anyone have it "mess anything up?" Also, I noticed on their website that they rec. an ultimate lockpick 1 for the 2005-2006 GX, either with or without "6 disc DVD player." Do they mean with or without 6 disc CD changer in the glovebox? If I have the RSES and a 6 disc CD changer, which one do I need? Please give your input.
I have RSES system and installed the Ult. Pick. Love it, now my wife can watch movies while I'm driving. without having to sit in the rear. I usually just plug in my ipod and tune out the video on the screen. Don't want to have a accident. I also installed Viastech IPOD mod, which is a great product too. As of today, no problems with either.
Old 11-15-06, 08:53 PM
jamisonmil
Driver School Candidate

Angry Hello???

Does anyone know how to get these folks to answer their telephone or reply to e-mails? Is there a secret password that I'm not aware of? I CANNOT get them to respond to me. Please reply if you've gotten any kind of response from them.
Old 11-15-06, 08:54 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

That sounds great. I have integrated XM and the Vaistech ipod modules installed and was thinking about getting the ultimate lockpick added and wanted to make sure it wouldn't screw anything up if properly installed. Would you please tell me if I need the version 1 with or without DVD changer? I didn't know what this meant as I have a 6 disc CD changer in the glove compartment probably like you do. Could you tell me exactly which one you ordered if you do have the 6 disc CD changer in the glove compartment?
Old 11-16-06, 06:58 PM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

That sounds great. I have integrated XM and the Vaistech ipod modules installed and was thinking about getting the ultimate lockpick added and wanted to make sure it wouldn't screw anything up if properly installed. Would you please tell me if I need the version 1 with or without DVD changer? I didn't know what this meant as I have a 6 disc CD changer in the glove compartment probably like you do. Could you tell me exactly which one you ordered if you do have the 6 disc CD changer in the glove compartment?
You would order the one with dvd/changer. Let me know if your order is in stock? I am still waiting on mine.
Old 11-16-06, 07:10 PM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jamisonmil
Does anyone know how to get these folks to answer their telephone or reply to e-mails? Is there a secret password that I'm not aware of? I CANNOT get them to respond to me. Please reply if you've gotten any kind of response from them.
I think you would have to order first........then email them and wait a day.
I am still waiting on my order. Customer service..(Kelley) emailed me twice.
Only thing i got out of her was the LP was out of stock.
Old 11-18-06, 09:27 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

wow how come peeps are getting trouble with these guys i had a smooth transaction wiith them
Old 11-24-06, 11:53 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rtanouye
Update. Lockpick was not yet shipped. Received an email from Coastaletech.

"Thanks so much for your order. The order you placed with us, as stated on the website, will ship approx 2 weeks from order placement. You have been sent a tracking number and this will be the tracking number for the package when it is shipped. At that time, the delivery date will be updated.

Please let me know if I may assist you further

Kelley
http://www.coastalEtech.com
mailto:support@coastalEtech.com"

At least they sent me an email! Better service?
Would everyone on this thread please share their ultimate lockpick installation experience and how the unit performed after installation? I am thinking about getting the Ultimate lockpick 1 with DVD changer option and was told by their customer service that I would need "you will need the ultimate lockpick 1 with factory dvd and an audio isolator." Does anyone know what the audio isolator is for and is it separate from the unit itself or does it come with the unit? I did not see a way to order it separately from the website. I didn't know if it was something extra that I would need because I have integrated XM and an ipod module integrated into my 6 disc CD changer from Vaistech as well as the RSES. Please help with your specific experience and advice. Are you happy you did this and would you do it again or no way? Thanks!
Old 11-25-06, 05:00 PM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

after i installed mine, ultimate, worked great for a few days, then noticed my Nav unit would throw me off by like 20 to 50 miles after i started the car each time. If anyone has had the same problem, is there a fix? I have sent Kelly numerous emails and havent got anything back yet so, i took it out and its sitting in my garage. i even tried to recalculate the nav and stil threw it off. my $.02 feels like i wasted the money instead of just pushing "I Agree", and dialing on my cell and my BT will take over. as far as nav input would be nice but i can stop for gas and waste 2 minutes vs driving and not putting anyone else in danger. If it didn't throw the nav off i would love it!
Old 11-25-06, 08:28 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scooterpie
after i installed mine, ultimate, worked great for a few days, then noticed my Nav unit would throw me off by like 20 to 50 miles after i started the car each time. If anyone has had the same problem, is there a fix? I have sent Kelly numerous emails and havent got anything back yet so, i took it out and its sitting in my garage. i even tried to recalculate the nav and stil threw it off. my $.02 feels like i wasted the money instead of just pushing "I Agree", and dialing on my cell and my BT will take over. as far as nav input would be nice but i can stop for gas and waste 2 minutes vs driving and not putting anyone else in danger. If it didn't throw the nav off i would love it!
Was it easy for you to put in? How did you do this yourself? Do you think that there could be more than one way to install the unit that may have screwed up the nav?

Quick Reply: CoastalTech Blue Lockpick