GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Looking at the 06 GX470 for my wife.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 09:33 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sayadil
Hey CV

how u been.. anyway i'm really confused.. can the 6cd changer play mp3 or not.. coz mine doesn't play MP3 at all.. but it does play burnt CD's just fine... they play without any mutin or skps. i'm using built in DVD burner from my Toshiba Qosmio g30 using NERO 7. i have burnt on various media brands.. such as sony memorex maxwell and fuji. they all work good.. but i can't play MP3s though... any suggestions???
Hi Adil!

Been great, thanks for asking. You? Anyway, I just don't know to answer your question. I am going to have to try another disk. All I know is that the first and last disk that I burnt to play in the GX did not sound good at all.

CV
Old 08-09-06, 03:28 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
Hi Adil!

Been great, thanks for asking. You? Anyway, I just don't know to answer your question. I am going to have to try another disk. All I know is that the first and last disk that I burnt to play in the GX did not sound good at all.

CV
Hey CV
i'm doing great... just one more thing.. when buring a Music CD... make sure that the Source mp3 files are atleast 128KBPS or higher in quality... then u should get a decent CD.
Also.. can u tell me if yours play MP3 Disks as well? mine doesnt
Old 08-09-06, 10:47 AM
whyjay91
Driver School Candidate

Would someone burn a few mp3's on a CD-R and try to get them to read on their GX470 with Mark Levinson/Nav?

Kind of a lot to ask, so if you happen to get a moment...

Thanks
Old 08-09-06, 02:22 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Doesn't the LX470 open these rear windows automatically with a push of button(s)??
[snip]
There's a switch in the driver's side left dash that control the rear quarter windows. But if you merely hold down your remote key button, I think just the 4 windows and sunroof open. You can reprogram the sunroof not to open or none of the windows to open when pressing the remote.
Old 08-10-06, 09:25 AM
whyjay91
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
There's a switch in the driver's side left dash that control the rear quarter windows. But if you merely hold down your remote key button, I think just the 4 windows and sunroof open. You can reprogram the sunroof not to open or none of the windows to open when pressing the remote.
Is this true? Driver's side dash switch to open/close the rear quarter panel windows? That would be nice.
Old 08-10-06, 11:31 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
I wanna know about that switch as well.. wierd i never saw it.. or can't find it in the manual either.. pics would be nice.. if you could just show us where on left side of dash.
Old 08-10-06, 11:42 AM
llcc1975
Pole Position

I wanna know about that switch as well.. wierd i never saw it.. or can't find it in the manual either.. pics would be nice.. if you could just show us where on left side of dash.
Guys, I think Jim Chow's reference to the driver-side dash switch is in regards to the LX470. There is no power switch to open/close the rear quarter windows on the GX. It is a manual latch a la most minivans.
Old 08-10-06, 11:49 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Remember, I'm referring to the LX. When I bought it, I didn't consider the GX. Frankly, it surprises me the GX doesn't have power rear quarter windows. It's almost unbelievable. What do they expect the driver to do, crawl back there in a 100F car each time and manually open it?
Old 08-10-06, 12:36 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont think I have ever open that rear quarter window, nor have any of my 3rd row passengers.
Old 08-10-06, 01:35 PM
Salvator
Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
I dont think I have ever open that rear quarter window, nor have any of my 3rd row passengers.
My 6 year old daughter is able to open them, but not always close them... I'm afraid she'll open them one of these days and I won't notice, it'll rain, etc...

My pet peeves when it comes to the GX:

No HID
No rear opening window (t'would be handy at times)
No automated rear quarter windows
No headlight washers (a must have with HID, IMO)
No 12V power outlet in the second row (unless I missed it somewhere)
No fold flat 3rd row seats

The list could go on, but I still bought it because it had the best mix of price, features, looks, performance and carrying capacity for the money...

I would have preferred a BMW X5, but no 3rd row seat, and although they are coming out with it, it will undoubtedly put it in LX price range...

I would have preferred the Land Rover LR3, but the reliability and resale are an issue...

Anyway, I digress... the rear windows should open with a button, like my BMW 325Ci (coupe)... no muss, no fuss!
Old 08-10-06, 01:57 PM
whyjay91
Driver School Candidate

So anyway, anyone try reading an MP3 disc on their 6 disc glovebox changer?
Old 08-10-06, 02:04 PM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he was talking about the LX...however, I am still trying to figure out what the post had to do with the thread...

CV
Old 08-10-06, 02:31 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if the GX did have power rear quarter windows, I'd never open them. I don't want to hear any wind noise or outside noise pollution. That's one of the many reasons why I like the GX. Nice an quiet. And as for the LX having the power rear quarter windows. It should for the 20 grand more they charge for that thing. And if I had an LX, I still wouldn't open the quarter windows. Heck, I don't even keep the sunshade open, let alone the sunroof on the GX. I wish I could have purchased a GX without the sunroof.

Last edited by BobsGX; 08-10-06 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-11-06, 05:42 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

It is funny how some people wants this standard and that standard on the GX and yet expect to pay the same price. While other people would rather have less options to maybe save a few bucks. I guess Lexus will never please everybody.
Old 08-11-06, 11:25 AM
Salvator
Driver

Originally Posted by BobsGX
Even if the GX did have power rear quarter windows, I'd never open them. .
If you have the windows and sunroof open, sometimes it helps to vent the pressure that builds up inside if you can open the rear quarter windows... that's when I would open mine, if they were power. On my BMW, I sometimes just pop the roof up and open the rear vent windows and I seem to get a nice flow throw without getting blasted. I guess on a car of the Lexus GX's $$$ stature, if they are going to bother to make the windows open, they should be power... otherwise, make them stationary like the rear window...

Quick Reply: Looking at the 06 GX470 for my wife.