GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

As Silverlady predicited...Baby/Child Seats in the GX

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 05:45 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a while and maybe I was super cautious, but I would only put the car seat in the middle seat (there was only a second row) when my daughter was young. I was always told that is the safest place.

For a long time I would make her sit in the middle seat even after the child seat was gone, until she got old enough to protest loudly enough.

Of course with only one kid, I didn't have to judge who should go where.
Old 08-19-06, 03:11 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh's GX
Thank you Silverlady. I asked my brother what he did when we test drove the 2006 GX. He said he used LATCH and placed the carseat behind the front passenger seat on the middle row. My wife sat in the middle seat and my sister-in-law sat behind the driver seat (my seat ). They are not big by any means, but the car seat, which is a Britax is fairly large as far as I know, but I'm not sure since this is my first kid and he just turned 2 months old today. Anyways, they were all pretty comfortable in the back seat for the test drive, but I'm not exactly sure what they would do for a long car ride. Does anyone put thier carseat in the third row when driving with other people in the car? Is it safe to put a car seat in the third row, and is there anything like LATCH or teathers?

Josh
When I looked around on mine, I could only find LATCH and tether points in the middle row. Since your child is only 2 months old, you would obviously have to put the Britax in rear-facing (or it's one of those "pumpkin seats"). Either way, I doubt you have enough room to put it in the back row unless it is a standard forward forward-facing child seat. I've not personally tried, but I remember that our infant's pumpkin seat and later, the rear-facing child seat took alot more space (from seat back to seat back).
Old 08-21-06, 11:27 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Found out today that my wife and I lost our baby...life sucks.

CV
Old 08-21-06, 04:39 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
Found out today that my wife and I lost our baby...life sucks.

CV
What? I'm so sorry to hear this CV
How many months was she?
Best wishes to you and your wife

(For future reference, if this is anyone's first baby, it is critical for the first 2 months that the mother take it easy-no lifting, carrying, especially no reaching or any overhead activities )
Old 08-21-06, 05:08 PM
Josh's GX
Rookie

CV I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I've only been a father for 2 months now and I love my son and I couldn't even begin to imagine lossing him. My family's prayers go out to you.
Old 08-21-06, 06:43 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

My sincerest condolences CV.
Old 08-22-06, 04:38 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
What? I'm so sorry to hear this CV
How many months was she?
Best wishes to you and your wife

(For future reference, if this is anyone's first baby, it is critical for the first 2 months that the mother take it easy-no lifting, carrying, especially no reaching or any overhead activities )
Thanks, she was 3 months...last week at the check up everything seemed fine.

She is a Dr. so she knows the rules.

Thanks for caring.

CV
Old 08-22-06, 04:59 PM
rklages
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your loss, we lost our second at 4 months - everything seams fine and we go to the ultrasound and then they have bad news. It was a tough time, but after it was all said and done, we got pregnant again and my second is now a big healthy 3 year old boy and I can't imagine life without him!

Sometimes I can't beleive how complicated making a baby can be and it is unbeleivable how many times it usually works out, but our bodies definitely know what is going on and I have to think that nature knows best and it all happens for a reason!

I wish my best as you get through this. You will be suprised in a few months when you have talked to a lot of people that it happens about 30% of the time and no one really talks about it.

Rob