GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 12:23 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou19
Looking at the 2007, it's a relief to see the Nav buttons were moved to the side of the display. Nearly every time I enter an address, my hand would drift down and touch a button and change the screen.

Lou
OIF VET
"Convicts"
42nd ID
Never Forget

You must be looking at the LX since the 07 GX still has the nav buttons in the same place. The audio/cassette faceplate has changed a bit. There is now a button for AM/SAT. But it will be for the XM radio option. I'm kind of glad I have an 06 GX with Sirius satellite radio since I bet with the new generation 5 navigation system on the 07 GX, the 05-06 Sirius satellite kit will not work. So if you wanted satellite radio, and wanted a factory approved kit from Lexus, you would have to get the XM.
I hope Lexus gets this straightened out in the future otherwise my next vehicle will not be a Lexus. I only want Sirius satellite radio.
Old 08-31-06, 05:22 AM
Lou19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobsGX
You must be looking at the LX since the 07 GX still has the nav buttons in the same place. The audio/cassette faceplate has changed a bit. There is now a button for AM/SAT. But it will be for the XM radio option. I'm kind of glad I have an 06 GX with Sirius satellite radio since I bet with the new generation 5 navigation system on the 07 GX, the 05-06 Sirius satellite kit will not work. So if you wanted satellite radio, and wanted a factory approved kit from Lexus, you would have to get the XM.
I hope Lexus gets this straightened out in the future otherwise my next vehicle will not be a Lexus. I only want Sirius satellite radio.
You're right, here is the misleading web page:

http://www.lexus.com/models/gx/interior.html#voicenav

I looked at the Tutorial Nav photo, wishful thinking I guess.

Lou
OIF VET
"Convicts"
42ND ID
Never Forget
Old 08-31-06, 07:54 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lou19
Looking at the 2007, it's a relief to see the Nav buttons were moved to the side of the display. Nearly every time I enter an address, my hand would drift down and touch a button and change the screen.

Lou
OIF VET
"Convicts"
42nd ID
Never Forget
Tell me about it! It is very frustrating. It reminds me of the keyboard on the original Apple II back in 1979 or so - the reset button was right near the return key, you couldn't save most things until you were done, and...
Old 09-03-06, 07:20 AM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BobsGX
I totally agree about the Sirius installation. I bought a loaded 2006 GX 2 months ago or so and told my salesman that I did not want XM, only Sirius. He had to get a reputable aftermarket installer put Sirius nonintegrated in for me because "Lexus would not sell the dealership a Sirius installation kit." Lexus must understand from our feedback that if they want customers spending $60K on a vehicle they must offer the choice of satellite radio providers the way Infiniti does with its QX large SUV. It's about choices and fairness. Was your Sirius installed integrated via the AM button thru the navigation system or did you have to have it done aftermarket?
Old 09-03-06, 02:25 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.EinTN
I totally agree about the Sirius installation. I bought a loaded 2006 GX 2 months ago or so and told my salesman that I did not want XM, only Sirius. He had to get a reputable aftermarket installer put Sirius nonintegrated in for me because "Lexus would not sell the dealership a Sirius installation kit." Lexus must understand from our feedback that if they want customers spending $60K on a vehicle they must offer the choice of satellite radio providers the way Infiniti does with its QX large SUV. It's about choices and fairness. Was your Sirius installed integrated via the AM button thru the navigation system or did you have to have it done aftermarket?
It is integrated with the AM button and the nav screen. Works great. It is the Lexus LX kit that I used since Lexus doesn't offer a Sirius kit for the GX. I see for the 07 GX, all you can get is XM Radio. That is totally unacceptable to me and I would doubt the current Sirius LX kit will work in the GX since they went to a 5th generation navigation system. And I believe Lexus will only offer XM Radio kits from now on. So unless Lexus wants to lose customers, they better offer Sirius radio by the time the new GX comes out for the 2009 model year. Otherwise for me, even though I've purchased 4 Lexus vehicles (SC400, LS400 and 2 GX's) in the past, adios Lexus.
Old 09-04-06, 07:14 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sport Pkg

I just picked up an 07 dealer booklet in California. It says the sport pkg is only available in Silver, Black and Ash Blue... Can anyone confirm?
Old 09-06-06, 10:34 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for 07 update list flipside

Sounds like lexus is on the push-button start. Even the camry has it If toyota has, shouldn't lexus have it too?

I would like to get the darkwood as a stand alone option.
Old 09-08-06, 08:15 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Guys, there is no HID option because Lexus won't allow it on a vehicle that height and above (LX), not because they haven't gotten around to it, they consider it unsafe. And yeah, i know that BMW, Caddy, etc. have it, but this was Lexus' decision.
Old 09-08-06, 08:19 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusPride
Guys, there is no HID option because Lexus won't allow it on a vehicle that height and above (LX), not because they haven't gotten around to it, they consider it unsafe. And yeah, i know that BMW, Caddy, etc. have it, but this was Lexus' decision.
Whatcha wanna bet when it gets redesigned it'll have them standard or at least available? Same with the replacement for the LX.

I bet you they might conveniently decide it's not so unsafe when redesign time comes around.

Or maybe they'll just go straight to LED headlamps? That would be cool. I don't see how it would be any safer... but...
Old 09-08-06, 08:42 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Whatcha wanna bet when it gets redesigned it'll have them standard or at least available? Same with the replacement for the LX.
I bet you they might conveniently decide it's not so unsafe when redesign time comes around.
I'm not so sure, at one time the ES didn't offer them, now they're standard the last 2 redesigns only because of the competition. I don't think lack of HID has hurt sales of the GX or LX either.
Old 09-08-06, 08:51 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

I'm not so sure, at one time the ES didn't offer them, now they're standard the last 2 redesigns only because of the competition. I don't think lack of HID has hurt sales of the GX or LX either.
HID has been optional on the ES since even before the 2002 redesign, but not yet been made standard.
Old 09-11-06, 05:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You guys are making way too big of a deal over HID, its only light bulbs, who cares. If you want HID, go buy a pair for $300. Personally, I think they look nice and they are brighter on normal days. They dont perform too well in the rain and they do bother other drivers more than halogens.
Old 09-11-06, 09:30 AM
Salvator
Driver

I don't think lack of HID has hurt sales of the GX or LX either.
It didn't stop me from buying my GX, but it is a disappointment... both of my other vehicles (BMWs) have HIDs, and I like driving at night with them much better...

Originally Posted by The G Man
You guys are making way too big of a deal over HID, its only light bulbs, who cares.
Actually, its more than just bulbs, if done properly... the BMW HIDs have a self-leveling mechanism to minimize the effect on other drivers and with the HIDs, you automatically get headlight washers ( IIRC, a European requirement... dirt / ice refracts the HIDs too much, I've read, so they require headlight washers in Europe if you are running HIDs... thus, BMW packages HIDs with their Cold Weather Package which includes the headlight washers...) Without levelers and washers, you are much more likely to blind an oncoming vehicle when you "upgrade" to HID bulbs... it's these bulbs that are probably causing most of the complaints...
Old 09-11-06, 09:58 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx

Or maybe they'll just go straight to LED headlamps? That would be cool. I don't see how it would be any safer... but...
Exactly what Threxx said

It didn't stop me from a getting the gx either.
It's the fact that lexus saying it's unsafe is pretty lame.

How can the rx have it-it is higher than a regular car right?

How can they say it's unsafe when other bigger suvs out there carry them-navigator, escalades, range.....??? I don't get blinded by them when I'm in my gs either.

As a matter of fact, I sometimes get blinded by some cars with the hids like the SL-their xenons are intense!

I just wanted to put in my input-it's no big deal to me either.
Old 09-12-06, 10:32 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

HID = no big deal, Headlight washer = even less of a deal and head light wipers = are you kidding me? Leveling mechanism = the GX already has it.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates