GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06 | 08:01 AM
Salvator
Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
Leveling mechanism = the GX already has it.
I assume you mean the whole vehicle... on my BMW, the headlights themselves (the bulbs and their holders) adjust automatically as I drive to keep the headlight cutoff from rising up too much and blinding people... each time you start the car, they do a little self check, its interesting to see them move up and down and align themselves... One time the sensor got disconnected, so they automatically went to their lowest setting... plugged them back in and good to go...

Headlight wipers are handy if you are in heavy snow... help to keep ice and crud build-up off the headlights... important if you live in a country with lots of snow (a 'la Sweden... explains why so many Volvos and Saabs have them)... Headlight washers are enough for me... not THAT much snow in my neck of the woods...
Old 09-13-06 | 08:09 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

BMW has a better system, I think it actually levels itself while the car is going uphill, downhill and on turns.
Old 09-13-06 | 04:07 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Salvator
I assume you mean the whole vehicle... on my BMW, the headlights themselves (the bulbs and their holders) adjust automatically as I drive to keep the headlight cutoff from rising up too much and blinding people... each time you start the car, they do a little self check, its interesting to see them move up and down and align themselves... One time the sensor got disconnected, so they automatically went to their lowest setting... plugged them back in and good to go...
My 1999 GS400's factory xenon lighting did exactly the same thing except I'm not sure if it actively adjusted while driving, too - but it did the self-check thing on its own and the default is the lowest setting. You could open the hood and adjust them by aligning a simple bubble/liquid mechanism incase the checking mechanism needed recalibrating.
Old 09-13-06 | 06:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

All Lexus models with HID have a leveling self check and adjust in height depending on the level of the car as far as accelleration, braking or load level. It's an active system that works while the car is in motion. For those models with AFS, the lights will turn either left or right as long as you are going above 20 mph at either 5 degrees to the right or 15 degrees going left.
Old 09-18-06 | 03:21 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

Originally Posted by BobsGX
There is now a button for AM/SAT. But it will be for the XM radio option. I'm kind of glad I have an 06 GX with Sirius satellite radio since I bet with the new generation 5 navigation system on the 07 GX, the 05-06 Sirius satellite kit will not work. So if you wanted satellite radio, and wanted a factory approved kit from Lexus, you would have to get the XM.
I hope Lexus gets this straightened out in the future otherwise my next vehicle will not be a Lexus. I only want Sirius satellite radio.
We have recieved some '07 GX470s,Sirius radio installs are just like '05-'06 GXs.
Old 09-19-06 | 12:25 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by LexusTech
We have recieved some '07 GX470s,Sirius radio installs are just like '05-'06 GXs.
That's good to know. But does Lexus even have a specific Sirius radio kit for the GX?
Old 09-19-06 | 09:39 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

Originally Posted by BobsGX
That's good to know. But does Lexus even have a specific Sirius radio kit for the GX?
They don't have a specific fit kit.
Old 10-04-06 | 09:14 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

I take back what I said about 07's w/Sirius,we're having problems and decided to stop installing them. In fact we've been told there will be no more Sirius radio installations on any new vehicles.
Old 10-19-06 | 06:51 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Default 07 CD Changer - pics!

The other day I was in the Lexus lot and saw a new 07 GX470 - I couldn't get in and couldn't figure out where the CD changer slot was from the outside.

Tonight I went to the LS460 coming out party at Lawrence Lexus (great party!), and they had a new 07GX470 on display in the service area in back. It looks like the CD changer is still in the glove box, but it is now a slot model:
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates-07gxcd.jpg  
Old 10-19-06 | 07:01 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Default And here's the audio plug

The audio plug was pretty much just stuck in a spot in the front, and the rest of the dash with the nav system looked just like my 06. We couldn't turn it on, so we couldn't check out the gen 5 nav and backup camera, but the dash controls seemed about the same. We have the gen 5 on our 07RX and it is nice, but there is nothing on it that I am kicking myself for not having in the GX.

All in all, the 06 to 07 changes had to be the least intrusive to any kind of tooling, molds or setup programs that I have ever seen. Both hubby and I agreed that we are not sorry we didn't wait for the 07 model.
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates-07gxaudioplug.jpg  
Old 10-19-06 | 07:55 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

That's the audio plug beside the seat heater button? So they don't really have an iPod interface that you can use the Nav screen with?
Old 10-19-06 | 08:09 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jacksonian
That's the audio plug beside the seat heater button? So they don't really have an iPod interface that you can use the Nav screen with?
No, there was no talk of a Lexus Ipod interface. This is a standard analog audio plug that they put in the 06 IS and 07ES. You attach a miniplug audio wire instead of headphones to your IPOD or any mp3 player or audio device.

It does beat an FM transmitter!
Old 10-20-06 | 03:05 AM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Agreed, better than the FM transmitter or tape adapter, but still behind the times. I guess I'll have to go Vaistech. Just one more reason for me to wait for a hybrid I guess
Old 10-20-06 | 07:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The diff. lock button use to be there, where did they move it to?
Old 10-20-06 | 09:21 AM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by The G Man
The diff. lock button use to be there, where did they move it to?

That's what I was wondering. I'll be attending the Taste of Lexus this Sunday.
Maybe they will have an 07 GX on display and I'll see where they put the differential lock button.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: New for 2007 GX Updates