GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

PEOPLE WHO HAVE XD 6000k KIT pls help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06 | 11:49 PM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default PEOPLE WHO HAVE XD 6000k KIT pls help me out.

I recently noticed fluctuation with my Lights...in detail..
Everytime i get in my car and turn the lights... lights r more blue and slowly they turn whiter n brighter... and when i drive it more then 20-30 mins and then turn the lights off... when i turn the car lights back on... the lights are bright and instantly they go slightly dim... is that normal. should lights do that... ??? thats my question..
my connection still seems fine under the hood... everything seems connected.. and techincally everything is still working.. but i don't know that intial dimness is normal... it only happens when the lights r on for a while 30 mins.. and then i turn them off and back on. it dims slightly and stays like that... i would like it to stay bright .. any suggestions... thanks.. pls try it out in ur car.. if you guys have Xenon Depot 6000k KIT.
Old 08-18-06 | 12:01 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

could someone please confirm.. if thier Xenon Depot 6000K LIghts do this as well... would save my trip (And fees) to the installer.. thanks.
Old 08-18-06 | 05:28 AM
JWS3
Pole Position

Default Suggest you call Steve @ XD

He'll have a better answer, I'd imagine.
Old 08-18-06 | 09:12 PM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default For Steeve

Originally Posted by JWS3
He'll have a better answer, I'd imagine.
Yeh I asked Steeve .. if it was normal for Lights to Dim when u turn them on.. he hasn't replied since... In his last msg he suggested taking in to the installer which obviously will cost me... and i just wanted to know if it was a problem.. or a normal Characterstic of XD 6000K HIDS...
SO would love input from people who have this kit installed.. such as tony.. DavidGX.. few others.. but noone seems to be replying.
Old 08-18-06 | 11:19 PM
mkool
Rookie

I have installed a xd 6k hid light, not long ago. I love the xd 6k. regarding your dim light, I don't see color different. It constant light output to me. it quickly turn whiter n brighter.
Old 08-19-06 | 11:35 AM
LexusTech
Rookie

It's normal for HID lighting to be a tad brighter on startup. It has to do with requiring more power to "ignite" the HID bulb than to actually stay illuminated.

If you want it brighter,get bulbs with a lower Kelvin rating. Brightness goes down as K values go up.
Old 08-19-06 | 12:08 PM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by LexusTech
It's normal for HID lighting to be a tad brighter on startup. It has to do with requiring more power to "ignite" the HID bulb than to actually stay illuminated.

If you want it brighter,get bulbs with a lower Kelvin rating. Brightness goes down as K values go up.

No No By brightness i meant.. Intensity more then anything.. i mean i have a fren who got installed 8000k light which is almost green in color.. but he lights up the road more then mine does.. she has a civic 2007 model.
Intially when i turn my lights on... its very blue...and very dim.. slowly n slightly it gets whiter n brighter (by bright i mean intense). It stays same.. doesn't fluctuate while driving. when i turn it off.. (when i get off the car for mall office or anything) when i get back and turn the lights back on.. its bright for a sec.. and goes slight dim and stays like that.. that instant dim... i have problem with... should it get dim like that.. i wanted someone to confirm that.
Old 08-19-06 | 01:56 PM
LexGX
Pole Position

we could probally have more inputs if you can post some pictures. i think that would help.
Old 08-19-06 | 02:34 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sayadil
No No By brightness i meant.. Intensity more then anything.. i mean i have a fren who got installed 8000k light which is almost green in color.. but he lights up the road more then mine does.. she has a civic 2007 model.
Intially when i turn my lights on... its very blue...and very dim.. slowly n slightly it gets whiter n brighter (by bright i mean intense). It stays same.. doesn't fluctuate while driving. when i turn it off.. (when i get off the car for mall office or anything) when i get back and turn the lights back on.. its bright for a sec.. and goes slight dim and stays like that.. that instant dim... i have problem with... should it get dim like that.. i wanted someone to confirm that.
Sayadil - I saw your post a few days ago but haven't gotten chance to test the scenario you are saying you are experiencing. I tried recreating what you say you are doing and have not noticed any significant (or really any) dimming of my lights after getting back in from a brief stop. I recently installed the XD 6000k kit in my 05 about a month ago.

I'm wondering if you have some power fluctuations that is causing the dimming, either that or the ballast is having problems feeding the bulbs enough juice.
Old 08-20-06 | 02:43 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by LexGX
we could probally have more inputs if you can post some pictures. i think that would help.
Its impossible to take the pics of my scenario... when i turn my lights on.. they r bright for less then a sec.. and they instantly DIm (dim a little)... so to take a pic.. it would have to be as fast... its nearly impossible to turn the light and take a pic at the same fraction of a second.. or else i would have done it...
Old 08-20-06 | 02:51 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by llcc1975
Sayadil - I saw your post a few days ago but haven't gotten chance to test the scenario you are saying you are experiencing. I tried recreating what you say you are doing and have not noticed any significant (or really any) dimming of my lights after getting back in from a brief stop. I recently installed the XD 6000k kit in my 05 about a month ago.

I'm wondering if you have some power fluctuations that is causing the dimming, either that or the ballast is having problems feeding the bulbs enough juice.
Ok thanks for helping out... ok.. can u (or anyone else who has Xenon Depot 6000K HIDS) do this..
tomm when ur driving .. anytime once the sun is down... keep your lights on for 30 mins... (i'm sure when u turn them on.. they r very dim n blue and instantly they start turning whiter n brighter) after you have driven for atleast 30 min... turn them off (against a wall if possible) and turn them right back on... and tell me if you notice a Slight brightness n then dimness (back to normal).. u have to pay attention coz its bright for less then a second... and it dims a little.

I suspect the ballast as well.. i told steeve.. but he said if they were the ballast then they would not light up at all.. don't think that would always be the case... coz what if the ballast r giving output but not as much.

but anyone could test the above scenerio.. so that i know for sure there's a problem with mine.. coz steeve said .. if there's nothing wrong with mine.. he would charge me $25 (plus shipping to him plus what installer charges me to take the HID off and then put them back on)... i know there's nothing wrong with the connections since it was done by a proffessional and is done according to instructions..

Guys please help me out on this.. tHanks alot.