GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

special orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 01:40 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry special orders

Hi all,

My dealer and I have been trying to get an answer from Lexus without much luck so I thought I'd try here. If you special order a GX, ( for color , interior )will the special order take preference over what's normally available or will Lexus just say you can't do it.

Last year you could get a Cypress Green with a gray interior. This year it says only ivory interior

Sorry I just didin't get an 06.............................
Old 09-21-06, 08:31 AM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PM Rockville, He should be able to help out.
Old 09-21-06, 04:53 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus builds each model of car in a few "standard builds", or combinations of options, based on the region of the country you live in.

If you want one of the standard builds but you are just picky about the colors, then you just have to wait until your dealer manages to allocate one like that from the port. That's not really a special order to the factory - that's just the dealer contacting the regional sales office and requesting a more exact version of one of the standard cars he'd already be getting. Sometimes that can be done in a couple of weeks... sometimes it takes a couple of months. It depends what just came off the last boat and how many other dealers also have specific orders like yours.

But if you are also ordering a certain option combination as well that's not typical in your region, then you're looking at an actual factory order. That will still count as one of the units that are allocated to your dealer, but you'll be waiting 3-4 months for it to arrive.

You can't order a certain color combination that's not specified in the brochure, even with a special factory order.
Old 09-21-06, 05:53 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Gx

I'm aware of what you're saying RX. I already did the special order for an 07 based on the 06 colors and options. Now, I see 07 isn't offering the Sport Pkg on Cypress green and the Gray interior has also been dropped on it. My question is . will the special order go thru (green / Gray, sport pkg)or will the new color combo's cancel my order? My dealer has asked and still hasn't gotten an answer......
Old 09-21-06, 06:14 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I certainly can't say for sure, I'm willing to bet that your order is hung up on that detail. But someone at Lexus should have caught that problem and resolved it by now.

If your dealer doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, then try escalating it yourself with the regional sales office. I did that when I was waiting for my 2004 RX 330. That really freaked them out at the regional office. Tell them that you're frustrated and your dealer is frustrated and you want an answer!! While I admit that the regional office really didn't do much for me directly, I got a quick call back from the dealer I was working with!

Regional offices are in Torrance, CA (USA HQ); Naperville, IL; Georgia; and New Jersey. Don't call the 800 number - find the correct "normal" number for the office through the phone book or 411. They're "Lexus, A Division of Toyota Motor Sales USA".