GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My first Lexus of Glendale Visit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 07:51 PM
BLKGX470
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first Lexus of Glendale Visit

I finally went to drop off my GX to get the clunk fixed today. Called two weeks ago and made an appointment, even spoke with the parts department to have them order the parts for the clunk fix.

Steve refered me to Kin but he was not there so I was greeted by Scot and it was a very pleasant transaction. Now, I finally know what you guys are referring to when it comes to the loaner RX350 that they give out. It is not as smooth a ride as the GX and it definitely is very feminine but i love the navi system. I don't have one on my GX and it makes me want to get one so bad.

Will keep you guys posted on how it goes when I pick up the car tomorrow.
Old 09-28-06, 07:58 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLKGX470
I finally went to drop off my GX to get the clunk fixed today. Called two weeks ago and made an appointment, even spoke with the parts department to have them order the parts for the clunk fix.

Steve refered me to Kin but he was not there so I was greeted by Scot and it was a very pleasant transaction. Now, I finally know what you guys are referring to when it comes to the loaner RX350 that they give out. It is not as smooth a ride as the GX and it definitely is very feminine but i love the navi system. I don't have one on my GX and it makes me want to get one so bad.

Will keep you guys posted on how it goes when I pick up the car tomorrow.
Yep, the RX is a nice ride but it isn't the GX.

CV
Old 09-28-06, 08:34 AM
BLKGX470
Driver

that's true..but you know what i noticed...this is a 2007 RX350 though but when you open any door or is it just the (2) back doors...the bottom of the door where there's a LEXUS metal plate on the bottom step...it lights up. Howcome the GX doesn't have that? Unless it does on the newer models since I have a 2003 it is neat especially at night, its a cool effect they added I have to admit is nice.
Old 09-29-06, 08:00 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

that's true..but you know what i noticed...this is a 2007 RX350 though but when you open any door or is it just the (2) back doors...the bottom of the door where there's a LEXUS metal plate on the bottom step...it lights up. Howcome the GX doesn't have that? Unless it does on the newer models since I have a 2003 it is neat especially at night, its a cool effect they added I have to admit is nice.
I now have one of each - the 06GX and the 07RX350. I am enjoying them both for what they are. The GX is smoother, more majestic, off road capable and a real luxury SUV. The RX is more of a car like ride but higher off the ground - much better around the turns and sportier in handling, but you do feel the bumps more than the GX. The RX is a nice fun little SUV wannabe for riding around town in most conditions; the GX is better for long rides or rougher spots.
Old 09-29-06, 09:05 PM
BLKGX470
Driver

WHOAH! so sorry for my ignorance but this is my very first luxury car and when i walked in to the dealer it was as if i was in a very professional office. Everything is very high standard from the leather seats, to flat screens everywhere you look, even the restrooms were high class. the people who worked there were dressed like stock brokers. very intimidating i have to say.

but boy, i saw in the waiting area, big screen tv, unlimited gourmet coffee machine, unlimited soda dispenser, popcorn machine and free snacks. i have to say that i never saw that in a ford dealer ever.
Old 09-30-06, 05:15 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

WHOAH! so sorry for my ignorance but this is my very first luxury car and when i walked in to the dealer it was as if i was in a very professional office. Everything is very high standard from the leather seats, to flat screens everywhere you look, even the restrooms were high class. the people who worked there were dressed like stock brokers. very intimidating i have to say.

but boy, i saw in the waiting area, big screen tv, unlimited gourmet coffee machine, unlimited soda dispenser, popcorn machine and free snacks. i have to say that i never saw that in a ford dealer ever.
Just one of the reason's I can never drive anything else. To me, it's worth every penny to pick up a two or three year old Lexus than a newer Toyota and never have to warry about a rental car, how long the service wil take, rude employees, etc. etc.

My dealer has taken care of squeeks and rattles on my GS and has never charged me a dime. My toyota dealer on the other hand will charge me for diagnostics, rags and a cup of cofee

For me, it's Lexus or pedaling
Old 09-30-06, 10:29 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Those are the illuminated door sills.
Only the SC430,RX and IS350 (also as an option or at carson's) have them. EVEN the LS430 does not have them

Aftermarkets are ridiculously overpriced and they're only for the GS.

I am working on retrofitting mine, but only the fronts. I will post a DIY whenever I finish them-just been too busy.
Old 10-01-06, 04:25 AM
BLKGX470
Driver

that would be great to see GS3tek. pics would definitely be awesome to see it on a GX.

oh, with regards to the key programming, well i finally got it programmed. i called the guy (Tony) from ebay and he offers great customer service. we were able to program the remote but no luck on the immobilizer. luckily i had to go to the dealer that same week. gave them the song and dance about it was my main key and it all of a sudden didn't work, luckily I had a spare. well, they didn't buy that story and still charged me $57. told Tony about the charge and he refunded me partial amount.

but we still should meet and have boba. I have to get another car and leaning towards a GS...
Old 10-03-06, 09:28 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

that would be great to see GS3tek. pics would definitely be awesome to see it on a GX.

oh, with regards to the key programming, well i finally got it programmed. i called the guy (Tony) from ebay and he offers great customer service. we were able to program the remote but no luck on the immobilizer. luckily i had to go to the dealer that same week. gave them the song and dance about it was my main key and it all of a sudden didn't work, luckily I had a spare. well, they didn't buy that story and still charged me $57. told Tony about the charge and he refunded me partial amount.

but we still should meet and have boba. I have to get another car and leaning towards a GS...
My dealer called and said that the parts are trickling in from Japan.

Will post pictures of the door sills as soon as I'm done.