GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Buying new and larger wheels/tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 10:53 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.EinTN
I love your wheels. Is there a reputable place to buy similar ones and did anything have to be done special to install them? Does your Tire Pressure Monitoring System work with these?
Thanks...I am very happy with them!!!

I bought mine from a local tire shop that was able to beat the best online deal I could find. But if you want to order them online, then best deal out there is a place called Discounted Wheel Wherehouse-DWW- http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/ (I have no affiliation so don't ban me please ) They offer free shipping and I have been to their wherehouse and it is clean and well run (very big too). This is actually where I saw these wheels on a GX...one of the guys who works there has one and he had just put these wheels on...so I had to have them. I would have bought from them, but I have a long standing relationship with my tire guys and they really hooked me up.

As far as fittment is concerned mine do not rub at all! The GX at DWW did brush the inner wheel well...not even enough to make a noise, just enough to rub the dirt off. The difference is that I am running Hankook and he was running Pirelli Scorpion. Either way, not an issue in my opinion. The other small issue is with the TPMS. The small washer that fits onto the sensor after it is placed on the wheel does not fit. The sensor can still be fitted to the wheel without the washer, or you can replace it with a smaller outer diameter washer. Once again, not a huge issue in my opinion.-I am not an expert so please do not take my opinion as advise.

I hope that this helps and have fun buying new wheels!!!

Chad

Last edited by cmarshack; 11-28-06 at 02:25 PM.