GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

New loaded GX pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-06 | 08:39 AM
acomire
Driver School Candidate

Default New loaded GX pictures

Just thought I'd share:

The new addition!

This is the rear seat setup. I removed one of the seats for a stroller.

The navi console

The new 9'' entertainment system with 7.1 surround.

Super sunny out this morning. Sorry for the bad glare.

Very clear screen with good viewing angles

It's really crisp, not shaky like my hand...

Here is the glove box dvd changer.

Rear camera is centered on the tailgate, not off to the left like my RX

Going to post some more but need to start another thread....

AJ

Last edited by acomire; 12-06-06 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-06-06 | 08:45 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Nice truck. Are those Bridgestone tires I see on it? I thought all new GX comes with cross terrain tires.
Old 12-06-06 | 08:54 AM
acomire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
Nice truck. Are those Bridgestone tires I see on it? I thought all new GX comes with cross terrain tires.
Yes they are. Bridgestone Dueler H/T 840s
Old 12-06-06 | 09:50 AM
Salvator
Driver

Originally Posted by acomire
Yes they are. Bridgestone Dueler H/T 840s
My truck (April 06) has them too...
Old 12-06-06 | 10:23 AM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Nice!!
I should've got factory entertainment system too...
Old 12-06-06 | 01:54 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by The G Man
My 07 GX came in with either Dunlops or the Bridgestones, but at my request my dealer swapped them for the Michelins with another new GX he had on the lot. Supposedly there has been a shortage of the Michelins. I also noticed that there is quite a difference in price for the 3 different brands of tires that Lexus installs on the GX. Of course the Michelins are the most expensive at $179.00 each, the Dunlops are next at $127.00 each and the cheapest are the Bridgestones at $117.00 each.
Old 12-06-06 | 02:41 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

i noticed you have the latch system in use for the baby seat.....i cranked the heck out of the one thast goes over the top of the seat, thinking it would secure it better, although it is smashing the top of the seat, i guess i will read the manual to see how tight it should be cranked, yours looks just snug enough to take out the laxity, is that the way it should be...oh by the way, congrats, sweet ride
Old 12-06-06 | 08:56 PM
acomire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
i noticed you have the latch system in use for the baby seat.....i cranked the heck out of the one thast goes over the top of the seat, thinking it would secure it better, although it is smashing the top of the seat, i guess i will read the manual to see how tight it should be cranked, yours looks just snug enough to take out the laxity, is that the way it should be...oh by the way, congrats, sweet ride
I don't know if you did, but don't run the LATCH over the headrest. I ran it between the seat and the headrest. I't doesn't have to be super tight as that strap only stops the seat from going forward. The LATCH straps connected at the base are the real support.

As long as your kid(s) are safe....That's what's important!
Old 12-07-06 | 07:08 AM
Salvator
Driver

Originally Posted by BobsGX
...at my request my dealer swapped them for the Michelins with another new GX he had on the lot.
I asked for that too, but no Michelins on the lot...

The Bridgestones don't look like they are going to do real well in the winter time, IMO... they say they are M+S, but they don't look like they will dig in real well... Guess time will tell... I'm hoping they wear out sooner than later, so I can get something better...
Old 12-07-06 | 08:14 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

I don't know if you did, but don't run the LATCH over the headrest. I ran it between the seat and the headrest. I't doesn't have to be super tight as that strap only stops the seat from going forward. The LATCH straps connected at the base are the real support.

As long as your kid(s) are safe....That's what's important!
Yeah, i ran it below the headrest, but cranked it real hard, I will ease it off a bit, thanks
Old 12-07-06 | 08:24 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the beautiful, detailed, pics!

It looks like they improved the ML sound system, too. How does it sound?
Old 12-08-06 | 01:30 PM
98Nav400
Driver

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Yeah, i ran it below the headrest, but cranked it real hard, I will ease it off a bit, thanks
You want to crank it down pretty hard. I had mine installed by a Police Officer certified in child seats at a child seat clinic and he stated that you want the strap as tight as reasonably possible. He tightened it extremely tight, it was then checked by another person at the clinic who also made sure it was super tight. Its an important restraint point for forward facing car seats.
Old 12-08-06 | 08:11 PM
acomire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Thanks for the beautiful, detailed, pics!

It looks like they improved the ML sound system, too. How does it sound?
I love it. Even though I am not super thrilled with the XM play list, it is super clear and the sound is separated very distinctly into high, mids & lows. The 7.1 surround rivals my home theater

My 4 year old and I watched Shark Tale in the driveway lastnight. We made popcorn and she had a blast!

AJ
Old 12-08-06 | 08:55 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

I love it. Even though I am not super thrilled with the XM play list, it is super clear and the sound is separated very distinctly into high, mids & lows. The 7.1 surround rivals my home theater

My 4 year old and I watched Shark Tale in the driveway lastnight. We made popcorn and she had a blast!

AJ
Sounds awesome! As it was about 15 deg F. last night, you must really like that movie
Old 12-09-06 | 07:16 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

flippin hot truck!!

Quick Reply: New loaded GX pictures