GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Best infant seat for a GX470?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-07, 06:31 PM
vcrindc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best infant seat for a GX470?

First time dad here wondering if anyone has had any particular good luck (or bad luck) with any particular type of infant seat that works well with a GX 470?

Thanks in advance,
Old 01-20-07, 08:58 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vcrindc
First time dad here wondering if anyone has had any particular good luck (or bad luck) with any particular type of infant seat that works well with a GX 470?

Thanks in advance,
Congrats!!!

I have a three month old-how time flys-and my wife and I love the Graco Snugride. We leave the base in GX and one in the Chrysler 300, easy in and out of both. It also snaps right into many of the popular strollers with is a nice bonus.

Now go and try to get some sleep!
Old 01-23-07, 04:55 PM
wlee69
Driver School Candidate

I second the recommendation for the snugride. Same thing, get an extra base and then you leave the base in each car and the seat just snaps into the base. BTW - you can get a combo of the seat, base, and stroller from Graco (seat also snaps into the stroller).

When you install the base (or if you have a "certified" person doing it) use a protector underneath the base so you don't end up screwing up your leather seats!!!
Old 01-24-07, 09:51 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wlee69
I second the recommendation for the snugride. Same thing, get an extra base and then you leave the base in each car and the seat just snaps into the base. BTW - you can get a combo of the seat, base, and stroller from Graco (seat also snaps into the stroller).

When you install the base (or if you have a "certified" person doing it) use a protector underneath the base so you don't end up screwing up your leather seats!!!

Again...I second the recommendation to have a "pro" install your seat. Or even better, have them show YOU how to do it correctly. It cost me $60 bucks to have a women come to my house and teach me more than I would ever wnat to know about car seats. But now I know that when my little guy is strapped in, he is as safe as can be.

As for the graco stroller...it's a great idea. I have the Snap-n-Go, not made by Graco but it does the same thing. The Snugride clips right into it and it was only $40 bucks from Babies r us. I can't tell you how often we use it...right now we barely use the mega bucks big stroller that my wife had to have.
Old 01-24-07, 10:03 AM
willg
Driver School Candidate

We also have the Grayco Snugride and leave a base in each SUV. We got a tan mat at Babies R Us that lays between the base and the seat. The brand is called Prince Lionheart and it keeps the base from ruining the leather seats and also catches crumbs that the kid will drop. It matches the color perfectly. I highly recommend this set up.

My only complaint with the Snugride is that it doesn't seem to fit snugly into the top part of a grocery cart. I've only tried it twice though.
Old 01-24-07, 10:42 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Never bothered to buy an infant seat; got a britax convertible as my sole car seat, as I figured the short use of an infant seat and their flimsy plastic construction was a waste of $$. The britax is big, so it doesn't fit rear facing in smaller cars very well. We held back on buying a second convertible seat and will just wait until the baby is front facing, then get something nice like the recaro (also requires a lot less space than a convertible).
Old 02-04-07, 08:26 AM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
Never bothered to buy an infant seat; got a britax convertible as my sole car seat, as I figured the short use of an infant seat and their flimsy plastic construction was a waste of $$. The britax is big, so it doesn't fit rear facing in smaller cars very well. We held back on buying a second convertible seat and will just wait until the baby is front facing, then get something nice like the recaro (also requires a lot less space than a convertible).
What is a recaro if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-04-07, 02:27 PM
wlee69
Driver School Candidate

Recaro makes a line of infant seats....

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Recaro-Young-Sport.pro
Old 02-05-07, 08:25 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wlee69
Recaro makes a line of infant seats....

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Recaro-Young-Sport.pro

That seat is NOT for an infant...please be careful what you are saying and recommending