GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Share your experience!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-07, 04:02 PM
LuckyGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Share your experience!

Hey, drop a post in here with any info you would like to share about your GX experience with the rest of the GX cult. I know I've accidentally uncovered some things about my GX (LOVE IT) that I had overlooked initially.

I have an '05 and bought mine used, it has an aftermarket DVD system (Delphi with an awesome screen!). It's a great system but I had this elusive remote that I couldn't figure out what the heck it did. Then I found an equally elusive infra-red reciever so I started messing around with it and discovered that it's a standard TV reciever. So I also have standard TV channels along with my DVD system. Pretty cool. But I also have the rear entertainment system remote that doesn't appear to do anything, any ideas?

I frequently browse through this forum to see if I can uncover anything new that I didn't know about my GX and thought it might be fun and informative to share those types of "wow, I didn't know that" facks here, I'm sure there are quite a few of those floating around out there. So, share your new found knowledge with the rest of us so that we all know EVERYTHING there is to know about the beloved GX!

Thanks for sharing!!!!
Old 02-04-07, 06:02 AM
latinmon
Driver School Candidate

Hi Lucky,

The other remote belongs to the stock rear system that the truck came with, either with or without DVD. If the Delphi system is mounted on the headboard then they probably took the stock system out when they did the install. If the stock system is still there then you probably just need to change the battery on the remote...

Hope that helps!
Old 02-04-07, 08:04 AM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LuckyGX
Hey, drop a post in here with any info you would like to share about your GX experience with the rest of the GX cult. I know I've accidentally uncovered some things about my GX (LOVE IT) that I had overlooked initially.

I have an '05 and bought mine used, it has an aftermarket DVD system (Delphi with an awesome screen!). It's a great system but I had this elusive remote that I couldn't figure out what the heck it did. Then I found an equally elusive infra-red reciever so I started messing around with it and discovered that it's a standard TV reciever. So I also have standard TV channels along with my DVD system. Pretty cool. But I also have the rear entertainment system remote that doesn't appear to do anything, any ideas?

I frequently browse through this forum to see if I can uncover anything new that I didn't know about my GX and thought it might be fun and informative to share those types of "wow, I didn't know that" facks here, I'm sure there are quite a few of those floating around out there. So, share your new found knowledge with the rest of us so that we all know EVERYTHING there is to know about the beloved GX!

Thanks for sharing!!!!
One bothersome thing is the RSES. If you are playing a movie for your little one with the screen deployed and turn the car off, when you start it back up, the movie is still playing with audio but the screen above stays blank so you have to eject and restart the movie everytime. If anyone has a fix for this let me know?
Old 02-05-07, 05:38 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Doc,

You can turn the rear screen back on by pressing the DVD button on your RSES remote. You don't have to eject and restart the movie.

Antonio.
Old 02-05-07, 08:11 AM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antonio98
Hi Doc,

You can turn the rear screen back on by pressing the DVD button on your RSES remote. You don't have to eject and restart the movie.

Antonio.

Thanks so much for your advice.