GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Coastal Tech LockPick 3 for 2007 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-07, 07:43 AM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rklages
I had 2 duds, first one did work at all and second one was flakey after a couple months, so quality seems a little suspect although many others have no issues with theres, so maybe I was just unlucky. Customer service is definitely poor and that seems to be a trend with many people complaining - my first experience was good and I was wondering what all the complaints where and thought they had maybe turned things around, but looks like I just got lucky the first time I talked to them as it has been nothing but bad since. If you search the Florida BBB and this forum you will see lots of compaints about them.
As much as I would love to order this, what sounds like, incredibly useful product, I think I couldn't in good faith because I do not want to create more stress and hassle for myself if something went wrong. Maybe somebody smart will come up with a competing product that will be backed up with good customer service. My Vaistech products that I have ordered work flawlessly for my integrated XM and Ipod. "Vaistech, please help!" Maybe everybody on this forum can get beyond us and request them to build us a better more reliable mousetrap!
Old 04-11-07, 11:38 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

At least a few of you have been able to order one or even get through. I sent an email on compatibility with 04 models. I got a response that their Lockpick 1 would work on a 04 model (though there app guide does not list it). I responded with another email and question concerning what features work and also a video splitter to use for my headrest LCDs-never a response again. That was a few days ago. I tried calling several times-the phone number they list has a mailbox full message. It is not that big of any issue for me to continue as I will just splice the wires myself but boy is it tough to spend my money sometimes with some of these vendors.
Old 04-12-07, 12:02 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I tried calling several times-the phone number they list has a mailbox full message. It is not that big of any issue for me to continue as I will just splice the wires myself but boy is it tough to spend my money sometimes with some of these vendors.
Fyi they are no longer a vendor with us. We parted ways last November.
Old 04-12-07, 12:05 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Fyi they are no longer a vendor with us. We parted ways last November.
Now it comes together as I mentioned CL in my last email to them. Oh well, thanks for the update.

EDIT: Just an update, got through, now they say the product does not support the 04 models.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-13-07 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 12:00 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to drudge up a six-week old thread, but I'm really grateful for the feedback. I was "this close" to pulling the trigger on this mod, but am seriously reconsidering. I've modded too many vehicles in the past, all with too many headaches, and I want this one to remain gremlin-free. If that means I have to click on a legal eagle screen every ignition cycle, it'll be worth it. Thanks again...
Old 05-31-07, 06:51 PM
Ace E.
Driver School Candidate

I installed it in my 07 and have not had any problems. Shipping was fast, and believe it or not, customer service was fine. Their instructions are not the best, but does get the job done. No wire cutting, just plug and play. I also installed the vaistech SLS adapter and they work great together. Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-02-07, 09:14 AM
josta
Driver School Candidate

Where's Coastal Tech? They haven't said a word in their defense in this thread....

I'm really interested in their product for my '07 GX!

John
Old 06-02-07, 12:22 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by josta
Where's Coastal Tech? They haven't said a word in their defense in this thread....

I'm really interested in their product for my '07 GX!

John
Doesn't that tell you something?
Old 06-06-07, 08:37 PM
Extiger
Driver School Candidate

I installed the lockpik last Fall in my 07 and it has worked perfectly. Installation took me more than 15 minutes as I went very slowly when removing the wood side panels. Rest is a piece of cake. Gain access to the back of the screen and it is a fool proof plug in.

Actual operation is that it eliminates the I agree at start up. You have to select an icon to use in motion and it then goes through a series of screens. Once that is complete you have nav functions while underway. You also have phone funtions. I could not imagine having the car without it.
Old 06-07-07, 08:27 AM
chieplai
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Extiger
I installed the lockpik last Fall in my 07 and it has worked perfectly. Installation took me more than 15 minutes as I went very slowly when removing the wood side panels. Rest is a piece of cake. Gain access to the back of the screen and it is a fool proof plug in.

Actual operation is that it eliminates the I agree at start up. You have to select an icon to use in motion and it then goes through a series of screens. Once that is complete you have nav functions while underway. You also have phone funtions. I could not imagine having the car without it.
Sounds like you installed the Lockpick 3+. Can you verify if DVD playback function still works (not that you would watch)?

Thanks!