GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Coastal Tech LockPick 3 for 2007 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-07, 10:37 PM
dsmiles1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coastal Tech LockPick 3 for 2007 Lexus

I just checked Coastal Tech website and now they have lockpicks for 2007 Lexus. They had the annoucement up for many months stating that it would be available. Has anyone ordered this or tried it? If they have a solution do you believe they also found the hidden menu for 2007?

http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

dsmiles
Old 03-16-07, 08:28 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dsmiles1
I just checked Coastal Tech website and now they have lockpicks for 2007 Lexus. They had the annoucement up for many months stating that it would be available. Has anyone ordered this or tried it? If they have a solution do you believe they also found the hidden menu for 2007?

dsmiles
How many GX owners on the forum trust this product?
Old 03-17-07, 06:38 AM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

its a good product and have ordered a couple, i ordered one about 2 months ago for a 07 caddy truck..works great
Old 03-17-07, 10:41 AM
Chris98vob
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently bought a GX470 also and started looking into this. It isn't clear to me how well the cutting of wires works on our 07 vehicles but that appears to be an option. I also sent an email to Costaletech to find out if a 07 GX470 is supported and got this response.

"it is not currently compatible.
Please let me know if I may assist you further : )
Kelley
http://www.coastaletech.com
mailto: support@coastaletech.com"
I then asked when I might expect support and haven't received a response.

Chris
Old 03-18-07, 09:30 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CaMsGS3
its a good product and have ordered a couple, i ordered one about 2 months ago for a 07 caddy truck..works great
Have you ever had any problems with this product? I have read mixed reviews on this forum and have been a little afraid to order it and install it in my 06 GX because I have read other individuals on this forum who have had some major problems and quirks with very little customer response follow up provided. I think this product would be absolutely wonderful if it was fool-proof and with good customer service back-up. I appreciate everybody's thoughts.
Old 03-20-07, 12:49 PM
Chris98vob
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More information...........

So I sent them this:
Is it now? I just saw this on your web site:

And got this:
yes however not if you have rear seat ent or a cd/dvd changer
Please let me know if I may assist you further : )
Kelley
I called for clarification and she confirmed that if you have the Mark Levenson sound system (which I have) you are out of luck. I think most navs are bundled with the ML sound system and/or rear seat entertainment systems so this probably knocks many of us out.

She had no idea of when this will be supported.

Chris
Old 04-03-07, 02:18 PM
rklages
Pole Position

I would never do business with them again, here is the story.

Bought Lockpick Ultimate in August 06 for my 06, received it in a timely manner even though I had read issues about support and response times. First one was dead as a door nail, called and Kelley called right back and took care of it and I received a working one about a week later. Worked for a couple months, then started getting flakey and not performing the override sometimes, pushing the cd button twice would not get you to DVD, but turning off the key and back on would make everything work again. Called with the issue in late November, no response for a few weeks, then got an email they would replace and ship the next monday. Didn't get anything for a few weeks and started emailing - no response for 8 weeks and had to open a BBB case, which magically got me a really nasty phone call from Kelley. She claimed to ready to ship it but stopped when she got the letter from the bbb (this is 12 weeks later mind you), she mutters something about holidays and other excuses that make up for about 3 weeks of the 12, claims she never received a single email (I emailed from 3 different accounts over time just in case and left several voicemails when there phone system actually answered - she also claimed they save all voicemails and never received any from me). So she says that they don't do business with people like me because I ratted them out to the BBB they will still replace my unit but revoke the rest of my warranty because they don't like me - I complain that that is unfair since I still have 6 months of warranty, but they stick to their guns and say it is that or they will do a refund to get rid of me, I eventually just took the refund and ran even though I really just wanted the unit to work.

On top of that, I started having an issue in the fall where my VSC, Traction control and diff lock lights would come on and go off, when on, no traction or vsc would be working. I took it to the dealer a few times and they where perplexed. Finally in January the lights all came on and stayed on, so I figured we could figure it out for sure. Before I get it to the dealer I pulled the Lockpick as it wasn't working well for the override and other stuff and no more issues with my dash lights and vsc/trac not working. Put it back in and the issues come back.

So basically the thing is wreaking havoc on lot's of things and thank got the dealer didn't figure out that it was causing the issue or I probably would have been stuck with the bill for the days they worked on the issue.

Check out the complaints on the BBB and in other postings and tread carefully - I wish someone else made something similiar and had no bi-polar customer service!
Old 04-03-07, 08:11 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rklages
I would never do business with them again, here is the story.

Bought Lockpick Ultimate in August 06 for my 06, received it in a timely manner even though I had read issues about support and response times. First one was dead as a door nail, called and Kelley called right back and took care of it and I received a working one about a week later. Worked for a couple months, then started getting flakey and not performing the override sometimes, pushing the cd button twice would not get you to DVD, but turning off the key and back on would make everything work again. Called with the issue in late November, no response for a few weeks, then got an email they would replace and ship the next monday. Didn't get anything for a few weeks and started emailing - no response for 8 weeks and had to open a BBB case, which magically got me a really nasty phone call from Kelley. She claimed to ready to ship it but stopped when she got the letter from the bbb (this is 12 weeks later mind you), she mutters something about holidays and other excuses that make up for about 3 weeks of the 12, claims she never received a single email (I emailed from 3 different accounts over time just in case and left several voicemails when there phone system actually answered - she also claimed they save all voicemails and never received any from me). So she says that they don't do business with people like me because I ratted them out to the BBB they will still replace my unit but revoke the rest of my warranty because they don't like me - I complain that that is unfair since I still have 6 months of warranty, but they stick to their guns and say it is that or they will do a refund to get rid of me, I eventually just took the refund and ran even though I really just wanted the unit to work.

On top of that, I started having an issue in the fall where my VSC, Traction control and diff lock lights would come on and go off, when on, no traction or vsc would be working. I took it to the dealer a few times and they where perplexed. Finally in January the lights all came on and stayed on, so I figured we could figure it out for sure. Before I get it to the dealer I pulled the Lockpick as it wasn't working well for the override and other stuff and no more issues with my dash lights and vsc/trac not working. Put it back in and the issues come back.

So basically the thing is wreaking havoc on lot's of things and thank got the dealer didn't figure out that it was causing the issue or I probably would have been stuck with the bill for the days they worked on the issue.

Check out the complaints on the BBB and in other postings and tread carefully - I wish someone else made something similiar and had no bi-polar customer service!
I have been so gun shy to order this product and am thankful that I didn't considering your experience. I agree, if any other company with reliable customer service was available, I would order it in a minute. It sounds like some serious quality control issues are afoot with some customer's products, but certainly others have had good results. I had previously ordered one and had nightmares all night the night before the install that it was going to screw up my vehicle and decided to send it back the next morning. I have never been so relieved, but it took them forever to give me my refund credit. I am very sorry for your experience. I know that I would love to have the convenience it offers.
Old 04-04-07, 04:20 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems with the product. I have it installed my wife 06 GX, and there haven't been any issue with it. It works as advertised. It's been installed going on a year now and the wife really loves it, especially the unlock of the destination buttons. I think it's a great product. I guess I am the lucky one.
Old 04-04-07, 06:10 PM
rklages
Pole Position

I miss it alot, when it worked it was sweet, but after dealing with them trying to get it fixed, I just can't buy another one. Maybe I will get it reverse engineered and have a bunch built in China for $15 bucks each!
Old 04-04-07, 08:51 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nate579
Sorry to hear about your problems with the product. I have it installed my wife 06 GX, and there haven't been any issue with it. It works as advertised. It's been installed going on a year now and the wife really loves it, especially the unlock of the destination buttons. I think it's a great product. I guess I am the lucky one.
Would you mind telling me exactly what product you ordered because I too have the RSES and 6 disc CD changer and Nav and ML system? Was the installation really as easy as they say and who did it for you and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking? Was any extra products needed other than the unit itself? Thanks so much for your help as I have not given up on this product completely.
Old 04-05-07, 08:49 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I miss it alot, when it worked it was sweet, but after dealing with them trying to get it fixed, I just can't buy another one. Maybe I will get it reverse engineered and have a bunch built in China for $15 bucks each!
I like your way of thinking!
Old 04-06-07, 11:26 AM
rklages
Pole Position

I had the Lockpick Ultimate, you just have to specify with or without RSES - you would specify with.

Installation really only takes about 15 minutes total, I did it myslef - it is really scary the first time your removed the wood trim around the nav as it is just held in with clips and you have to pull until it feels like it will break, then pull a little harder and off it pops! After that 4 bolts hold in the nav unit and you just pull it out a bit and unplug the harness on the back, plug in the coastaletech unit and then plug the harness into the coastaletech unit. Then button it all back up.

Not sure what the dealers stand is on putting them in, but they will probably do anything for the money and they will charge a 1 hour minimum no matter how long it takes them.

Rob
Old 04-06-07, 04:53 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

I had the Lockpick Ultimate, you just have to specify with or without RSES - you would specify with.

Installation really only takes about 15 minutes total, I did it myslef - it is really scary the first time your removed the wood trim around the nav as it is just held in with clips and you have to pull until it feels like it will break, then pull a little harder and off it pops! After that 4 bolts hold in the nav unit and you just pull it out a bit and unplug the harness on the back, plug in the coastaletech unit and then plug the harness into the coastaletech unit. Then button it all back up.

Not sure what the dealers stand is on putting them in, but they will probably do anything for the money and they will charge a 1 hour minimum no matter how long it takes them.

Rob
Do you think that you just got a lemon one with poor customer service?
Old 04-08-07, 03:48 AM
rklages
Pole Position

I had 2 duds, first one did work at all and second one was flakey after a couple months, so quality seems a little suspect although many others have no issues with theres, so maybe I was just unlucky. Customer service is definitely poor and that seems to be a trend with many people complaining - my first experience was good and I was wondering what all the complaints where and thought they had maybe turned things around, but looks like I just got lucky the first time I talked to them as it has been nothing but bad since. If you search the Florida BBB and this forum you will see lots of compaints about them.

Quick Reply: Coastal Tech LockPick 3 for 2007 Lexus