GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Urgent; any help would be great.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 12:25 PM
vpalacio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Urgent

hey hope all is okay. Which lexus dealer did you end up getting service from. I think we're both in the same area and am definitely keeping an eye on this thread to see what kind of treatment you get from the dealer.

Good luck and let us know.
Old 05-03-07, 05:28 PM
OBXTucker
Driver

Almost $19k in repairs and they didn't "TOTAL" it? Wow, that's what I call inflation. Glad to hear your better 1/2 is doing fine. Keep us up to speed on the repairs.
Old 05-03-07, 05:56 PM
dholling13
Driver

Forum,

I'll have the pics up soon. It's at Len Stoler in Reisterstown, MD for repairs. They have certified Lexus repair guys, so I am hoping for good results.

The wife lost control because on rt. 83, there are gravel shoulders and this must have sent the car into a slight spin...

--Drew
Old 05-03-07, 06:18 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dholling13- We have a very public incident going on now in NJ - our Governor was late getting to a meeting with Imus and the woman basketball players and wound up in a near fatal accident running into a guard rail. For a couple of days there was a statewide all points search for the mysterious "red truck" that cut off the car that caused his vehicle to swerve.

They found the guy and the red truck, and it looks like he DID swerve - he had gone on the shoulder to get out of the way of the governor's vehicle, lost control on the gravel and came back onto the highway in front of car #2. His truck wasn't actually touched and right now it doesn't look like they can charge him with anything - might be interesting how the civil cases net out.

Our governor wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and initial reports also say his airbag didn't go off. He was very seriously hurt, so thank G-d your wife didn't feel like she was above the law like our pols do. It sounds like she made out OK and the GX protected her, which is the important thing.
Old 05-03-07, 06:42 PM
dholling13
Driver

Default #1

Here's the first picture
Attached Thumbnails Urgent; any help would be great.-dscn2839.jpg  
Old 05-03-07, 06:43 PM
dholling13
Driver

Default Pick #2

Here's the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails Urgent; any help would be great.-dscn2842.jpg  
Old 05-03-07, 06:44 PM
dholling13
Driver

Default Pick #3

Here's the third picture.
Attached Thumbnails Urgent; any help would be great.-dscn2845.jpg  
Old 05-03-07, 06:45 PM
dholling13
Driver

Silver Lady,

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 05-03-07, 09:28 PM
pschonig
Driver School Candidate

It sounds like it's a "failure to yield" accident , which shall place the other driver at fault. The fact he had his blinker own shows "intent," which should be enough to prove his liabilty. I have over a decade of accident investigation experience. I would need a full statment of the event from your wife to give you a better answer, but I have investigated many accidents of this nature and I have included the other "non-contact" vehicle into my case reports. If I can be of help, please let me know.
Old 05-04-07, 05:29 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I don't mean to jump into this conversation late in the game. And, I don't have anything really to add about fault and airbag deployment. However, I am glad that your wife is safe and unhurt. Looks like the GX did its job to protect her.

God Bless

CV
Old 05-04-07, 06:18 AM
JASP615
Driver

Who ever is a fault I'm glad your wife is OK.

Silverlady the Gov. of NJ was also going over 90 miles an hour and there are reports that his driver (a state trooper) was also weaving in and out of traffic. Funny thing is he said yesterday he would pay the 46 dollar ticket for not wearing a seatbelt but nothing was mentioned about a ticket for speeding. And that took a lay person filing charges against him for this to happen.

They are going to investagate this internally about the speeding.

Sami
Old 05-04-07, 05:18 PM
pump142
Driver

as to the extended warranty issue referred t by the OP, Im certain that if the repair work is done by an authorized lexus repair facility than the warranty would still be vaild.
Old 05-05-07, 08:52 AM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Glad your wife is okay; that is the main point. I believe pschonig has the proper answer to the blinker comment. In addition, a person has to signal and then WAIT for a predetermined duration in time (at least here in Texas) before changing lanes; otherwise people would signal while changing lanes. The question I have is why didn't your insurance company total the car? I personally would have opted for that option than have a vehicle that sustained that amount of damage; unless you plan to keep it until it stop running. Personally, I'd take the guy to court regardless of what the cop said.

Btw, your air bags did not deploy because they have accelerometers within them that trigger at a set threshold and orientation; it appears the accident did not satisfy one of the criteria.
Old 05-08-07, 08:42 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, as far as I know, putting your signal on does not give you the right to cut people off! It seems worth at least checking further.

Gruesome pictures, but they seem like a lot of body damage. The real question is the frame and the insides. I always worry about those rear three add on seats - they seem kind of vulnerable for passengers.

I once had a brand new $18,000 Mercury Sable, which sustained about $13,000 in damage. The insurance company didn't total it! Suffice to say it took over 4 months to get it back and then several more trips to get it right. Given the choice, I'd probably take the loss rather than go through all that again.
Old 05-08-07, 10:42 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

After hearing your story and seeing the damage, my advice would be to get a lawyer ASAP. If you're certain your wife was not at fault, then fight for it. Don't let someone get away with driving like an idiot. The fact that the guy blew it off by stating he had his blinker on is an admission of guilt, as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply: Urgent; any help would be great.