GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 04:06 AM
goldencs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership

The place I move to does not have a Lexus dealer. The closest one is about 130 miles away.
I want to buy a GX 470.

Question: In my case, is it okay to buy and repair locally in the future?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-07, 04:31 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goldencs
The place I move to does not have a Lexus dealer. The closest one is about 130 miles away.
I want to buy a GX 470.

Question: In my case, is it okay to buy and repair locally in the future?

Thanks.
In the case of dependability your definitely in the right place so it doesn't require fixing very often.

As for your Question, it really depends on the issue you have and how knowledgeable you are with cars.

Also this forum will give you a ton of tips and fixes.

That's my $0.02.

Ken
Old 08-03-07, 05:41 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If you buy new, you will have to use the Lexus dealer for warranty repair. If it is regular maintenance, you can do it at local repair shop or any Toyota dealer.
Old 08-03-07, 06:03 AM
goldencs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot for the information.

I am not knowledgeable with cars at all. For the distance of 135 miles approximately, is Lexus dealer willing to tow and repair just in case?

I really love Lexus, should I buy and pray in my situation?
Old 08-03-07, 07:58 AM
purplehazek4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, you're not buying a Land Rover... You're buying an absolutely dependable vehicle (legendary Toyota reliability), which is perfect for your situation where a dealer is not close by. My 05 is going on 50k miles with not one single issue.

Dan
Old 08-03-07, 08:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

All new Lexus comes with a 4 year Roadside Assistance which will tow you to a Lexus dealer from anywhere in the US.
Old 08-06-07, 05:16 PM
goldencs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
All new Lexus comes with a 4 year Roadside Assistance which will tow you to a Lexus dealer from anywhere in the US.
From Lexus website: "Roadside assistance is provided for 48 months from your vehicle's in-service date, regardless of mileage ".

What does in-service date mean?
Is this assistance program free?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-07, 05:59 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

In service date is the date you take delivery of the vehicle.

Yes, the road side assistance program is free for the first 4 years if you buy a new vehicle.

Craig
Old 08-06-07, 06:07 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

My Toyota dealer has more GX470 in for maintenace work then 4Runners and it just a Scion/Toyota dealer
Old 08-07-07, 08:54 AM
stormj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EDGE2
My Toyota dealer has more GX470 in for maintenace work then 4Runners and it just a Scion/Toyota dealer
Same here. I take my GX to the local Toyota dealer. It's about 100-120 miles to the nearest Lexus dealers. However, the one I bought mine at did offer to transport my car on a flatbed up for service. That's not necessary, though.

There's no manicure/pedicure salon at my local Toyota dealer, but they do the repair work just fine, and that's all that matters to me.
Old 08-07-07, 05:44 PM
JGX
Driver School Candidate

The buy and pray method may work better the the pull and pray method I use with my wife. We just found out we are having a baby and the GX will come in very handy now. Check with the dealer and see how willing they are to work with you since it is such a long distance.
Old 08-08-07, 05:18 AM
goldencs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stormj
Same here. I take my GX to the local Toyota dealer. It's about 100-120 miles to the nearest Lexus dealers. However, the one I bought mine at did offer to transport my car on a flatbed up for service. That's not necessary, though.

There's no manicure/pedicure salon at my local Toyota dealer, but they do the repair work just fine, and that's all that matters to me.
But does Toyota dealer accept Lexus warranty?
Or did you pay yourself at Toyota dealership even within the Lexus warraty period?
Old 08-08-07, 05:38 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The Toyota dealer simply dont have all the parts for the GX. The GX and the 4runner are similar but not exactly alike. Even if the Toyota dealer can do the warranty work, which I am not sure about, it will take them much longer to get the parts.
The best thing to do is simply just call the Toyota dealer and ask the service manager if they can do Lexus warranty work.
Old 08-08-07, 07:22 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JGX
The buy and pray method may work better the the pull and pray method I use with my wife. We just found out we are having a baby and the GX will come in very handy now. Check with the dealer and see how willing they are to work with you since it is such a long distance.
Congrats on the new one! Welcome to the world of parenting. For winning this prize you get a year or two of dirty diapers which include poop, pee and sometimes both! Not only that, you get late night feedings, continuous crying and even whining. But most importantly you get lots of funny and memorable moments. Enjoy!
Old 08-08-07, 07:50 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goldencs
Thanks a lot for the information.

I am not knowledgeable with cars at all. For the distance of 135 miles approximately, is Lexus dealer willing to tow and repair just in case?

I really love Lexus, should I buy and pray in my situation?
It's a nice feature and comforting to know that it's there when you might need it, but you will probably never use the roadside assistance that Lexus provides for it's vehicles. These cars are just that dependable. Our `04 GX470 has only seen the Service Department for routine maintenance.

Quick Reply: Dealership