GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

I just sign a lease(24hrs) can I change it to BUY.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 04:11 PM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just sign a lease(24hrs) can I change it to BUY.

I did a lease on Saturday with Lexus finances but my wife like the Suv so much that she want me to chang the lease to BUY. Can Lexus allow me to change to a buy in from Lexus finances also they quote me 6.5 on a 791 score its only 24 hrs. Actually I was in to buy but somehow the Finance manager talk me into leasing. My wife did argue at that time too not to do but I still did the lease. I heard some dealer even take cars back if customer dont like it in 3 days without any questions ask all I want is to get out of the lease and buy in less then 24 hrs. Does anyone has done anything like this before or heard of. If they wont do I will be really upset this is my first Lexus.
and I hope not the last one.

I leased a GX-470. Their was trade in involve too.
MSRP=$55650.(NAV/3rd seat/RES.....)
negotiated price=$49000 (delaer told me the invoice is $48650)
36m/12k. $0 down.
per month $880 (out of door every thing included)) but also get back $11.5K for my trade in after they will payoff my car. I got the kkb value for trade In. So if I do the math right it will be $560/month since I got back 11.5k. (11500/36 = 320) 880-320=560.

The deal was done in 30 min not much hassle since I asked him that I will pay invoice price only and I am sure if I would have persist more they would have come to invoice but since a trade in was involve I did not push for more. They offer me the best price I got so far on trade in.
Old 08-26-07, 04:26 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some state laws have a "cooling off period" for auto purchases. I live in Maryland, and we have such a statute here whereby a buyer is allowed to rescind a purchase within 3 days. Check and see if there is something similar where you live. Maybe just phoning your salesman and telling him that you want to buy instead of lease will suffice. By the way, I just financed a used car through my credit union for 5.7%; you should be able to do better than 6.5% on a new vehicle.

Good luck!
Old 08-26-07, 06:01 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Not easily unless stated above, you can buy out a lease anytime, but read your contract as to how the price is figured.......also, never trust a dealer, the actual invoice on that truck is about $1000 less then they stated. That's not a bad deal you got, but it wasn't invoice.
Old 08-26-07, 06:38 PM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

I dont know what are the state laws in Illinois but will find tommorow when I will go their to talk to them. I did told the salesman that their invoice is ~900 more then the edmunds but they start showing me in writing , i think what they do is they add all marketing , advertising things in an invoice.
The also paid off 14K on my trade in to the bank who owns my Car. And give me 11.5k which I have invested.
Old 08-27-07, 08:51 AM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

The dealer change it to Buy without any question and were real nice in doing that even though all the paper work was send to Lexus. Actually I saved ~$1500 from tax (trade in) and no lease fees. I did bought extended Warranty though for 7/60k just in case and its transferable and can sell it back if not needed.
Old 08-27-07, 09:40 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by freshwater
The dealer change it to Buy without any question and were real nice in doing that even though all the paper work was send to Lexus. Actually I saved ~$1500 from tax (trade in) and no lease fees. I did bought extended Warranty though for 7/60k just in case and its transferable and can sell it back if not needed.
Congratulations on your successful resolution!
Old 08-27-07, 10:52 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cool, congrats on the purchase!

Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 08-27-07, 03:23 PM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

that was cool. I will Post PICs soon.
Lexus give me 6.5% but I just find out my Credit Union is offering me 5.9%.
So thats the next thing I have to do is to change from Lexus to my credit union or should I waite few more weeks, FED might drop the Intrest rate in Sept meeting to .25-.5 points. Lexus finances dont have my payoff amount to tell me the paper work must be in the mail.
Old 08-27-07, 08:27 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Great that you were able to buy the GX like you wanted!

Welcome to the club!
Old 08-28-07, 09:15 PM
GXlexus470
Driver

Originally Posted by freshwater
that was cool. I will Post PICs soon.
Lexus give me 6.5% but I just find out my Credit Union is offering me 5.9%.
So thats the next thing I have to do is to change from Lexus to my credit union or should I waite few more weeks, FED might drop the Intrest rate in Sept meeting to .25-.5 points. Lexus finances dont have my payoff amount to tell me the paper work must be in the mail.
i noticed you are from IL. I got my 03CPO last month financed by woodfield lexus for 5.99% thru toyota financial for a 66month with a lower credit score. Not sure if you can still negotiate that. I use my credit union quote @ 6.75% to haggle and they gave me a better deal. Congratulations on your new ride. see you around.
Old 08-28-07, 10:44 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Congratulations on the your new GX
If you did plan on keeping it, you made the wise choice
Old 08-29-07, 08:02 AM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

The GX-470 is for my wife, and she like it already and she like to keep it for a long time. This thing is loaded with features, DVD for children, real nice NAV, bluetooth. One thing i miss was the Rear spoiler. I think they will ask me a lot now otherwise at that time I would have ask them to throw in free.
I made this deal at McGrath Westmont. Woodfield was just late to reply me emails. For financing my credit union is offering me 6.5% on 66/72 months or 5.9% on 60 month. I think the rates are droping evry day thats what I am observing for last 2 weeks.
Old 08-29-07, 08:19 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I didnt think they sell GX without the rear spoiler anymore.
Old 08-29-07, 12:41 PM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

Actually most of the GX the dealer has are without spoiler. and the salesperson just told me that the reason they do is most of their buyers
ask them whythey put those spoilers on so they start getting them without spoilers. Actually i like it with the spoiler no brainer they do look good.
I think I can buy them of ebay for as less as $135 but I dont want to drill anyholes for that i think let the proffesional took care of that.
Old 08-29-07, 01:18 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The spoiler is a must in my opinion, I would think most of the customers would ask for it. Here in the Northeast, every GX in every dealer has the spoiler.

Quick Reply: I just sign a lease(24hrs) can I change it to BUY.