GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone have the Sports Pkg. w/ .......

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-07, 10:55 PM
tyoung88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dnp1
Anyone have a photo of the sport package interior (and anything else that's different)? I'd really like to see what that looks like........Thanks.
Here ya go. I have a 05 Silverpine with this exact interior. I love the dark wood on graphite trim. Anyone with any feedback on whether KDSS should motivate me to get an extended warranty?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Sports Pkg. w/ .......-gx_sp.jpg  
Old 11-20-07, 09:42 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool KDSS is pretty fault tolerant

Originally Posted by tyoung88
I still have about 10k miles more and a calendar year to determine if I want to purchase an extended warranty. I'm thinking that since KDSS is a fairly new technology that it would be costly to repair. Are there any wear and tear parts associated to KDSS? Would KDSS be a good motivator to purchase the extended warranty?
I have to admit, when I bought the truck, I had the same idea. I did buy the extended warranty, but the KDSS has not been a problem. I have over 60K on the truck now and all is well. I have not felt any diminishing of the system or problems with its' function.

And to correct what the other fellow said about the speed difference reverting the system back to N. That is not the KDSS... that is the leveling system for the truck. The KDSS, is associated with the body roll in cornering. It has nothing to do with the body leveling system. Sadly, the leveling system only adjusts the rear shocks. I would have preferred that it adjust all four shocks (like RR' do, even the Lexus LX does)

When I bought my truck, there was no sport package. I have a standard tan interior with the KDSS option (I actually prefer it that way as well ). I believe it was on or after '05 that they started to mate the option with the Sport package ...

One tip to tell if you have KDSS is from the front view of your truck. The brush pan under the engine has to two bulges just inside the front wheels. They are about 5-6" and with that, the pan looks very different than the stock brush pan.
Old 11-20-07, 11:39 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The black wood and the aluminum trims in the center console does nothing for me either. I prefer the look of the birds eye maple trims.
Old 11-20-07, 12:37 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, got an '06 with 30K miles now (Millenium Silver/Black Wood/Grey Interior)...no problems at all with KDSS, drives like a car around turns, very little body roll...basically this is the best option available on this model. I've got Nav, Rear Entertainment System, 3rd Row as well (I'm sure most came like that as standard delivery/option mix on the West Coast for the KDSS equiped models) and but I really get the most out of the KDSS.

I don't think I would have bought this truck without KDSS...
Old 11-21-07, 02:43 PM
jditom
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not see sport package or KDSS as an option on the 2008 GX Lexus web site
Old 11-21-07, 05:39 PM
hkochat
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Sports Pkg & KDSS on 2008 model

Originally Posted by jditom
I do not see sport package or KDSS as an option on the 2008 GX Lexus web site
"jditom" brought up a good point. The following is what I found out during my research for these specific options. The sports Package option for 2008 models is listed as an available option on territorial basis. For example under www.lexus.com main page "Build Your GX" option if you insert a Texas ZIP code such as 78229, you will not see the sports package as an option. On the other hand if you type-in an Indiana ZIP code such as 47404 you would see "Sports Package" as an available option. However you will miss some other options such as "Bluetooth" capability under available sports package. It is strange! The stand alone option of KDSS is available under "pricing and Option" menu. I just special ordered my 2008 GX470 with a stand alone KDSS option with all other available options except rear entertainment system through my local dealer but directly from Japan.

-hkochat-

Last edited by hkochat; 11-22-07 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-22-07, 06:52 AM
jditom
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a must have for my next one!
Old 11-30-07, 11:16 PM
ka0t1c07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a big difference in handling with the KDSS system. Truck feels more stable at high speed and very minimal body roll. The Sports package looks great if your interior is black or gray. The standard wood trim does not match with the dark interior. KDSS works by transferring hydro fluids from one Sway Bar Linkage to another. Thats why you can have thick sway bars and still get the comfort of the regular sized bars.
When I first drive the GX w/o KDSS, I was not impress. Handling was aite. Kinda made me loose interest right after the test drive and the wood trim didn't match a bit with dark interior. The sales man at LONGO Lexus told me I dont need it. So I told him to Fu*k Off. I'm a auto Tech so I know what works and what dont. Then while visiting in San Jose, I test drove the KDSS equipped and right away cut them a check and drove it back to L.A.
I have put 16K miles on my 2006 without any problems. Took it off-roading twice. I was lucky to got one of the last "06 with the whole shebang package. Every option imagine O.T.D. 52,and-some-change.
The sports package also matches if you have a dark exterior color such as Ash Blue Mecha because your lights, wheels, and roof rack are all smoked in color. I'm very happy with my GX especially when I hit the Speed Limiter, it was solid. I think its one of the best handling and smooth riding SUVs on the road and one of the most reliable. I had a choice between the X5 Sports and LandRover but Euro have too too many problems.