GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Need help with the rear entertainment system

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-08, 05:31 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with the rear entertainment system

Need some help with the rear entertainment system in my wife's 05 GX, called my dealership and they couldn't help me. I am trying to hook up a game thru the extra audio/video inputs on the back of the center console, I get video no problem, but I can only get the audio thru the headphones, does anyone know how to get the audio to come thru the speakers, any help would be greatly apprecated, thanks.
Old 01-01-08, 06:35 AM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try pushing the CD/AUX button on the radio. It may take 2 pushes - first is CD, second is Aux, and should play sound thru system.
Old 01-02-08, 09:22 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool No can do ....

Originally Posted by lexusscguy
Need some help with the rear entertainment system in my wife's 05 GX, called my dealership and they couldn't help me. I am trying to hook up a game thru the extra audio/video inputs on the back of the center console, I get video no problem, but I can only get the audio thru the headphones, does anyone know how to get the audio to come thru the speakers, any help would be greatly apprecated, thanks.
I think it states in the owners manual, that you CANNOT do that. The rear jacks ONLY got to the headphones. They probably did thinking the driver would not want the distraction of hearing what ever was taking place in that little universe between the rear doors.
Old 01-02-08, 11:20 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should be able to as SC400MAN states.

I know CDs put in there will play thru the whole audio system so a DVD should as well. I didn't think it would but just found out the other day, by accident mind you, it does. My car-illiterate wife and I were driving over the weekend to a wedding and she wanted to play a CD (I wasn't necessarily fond of...). I decided to let her try and find the CD changer when she submarined me and dropped it into the DVD. I snickered and thought it wouldn't play thru..... Then she hit the CD button on the head unit twice. Low and behold (and much to my dismay ), I suffered for the next hours listening to sappy music.......
Old 01-03-08, 11:26 AM
Huntington
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr

I know CDs put in there will play thru the whole audio system so a DVD should as well. I didn't think it would but just found out the other day, by accident mind you, it does. My car-illiterate wife and I were driving over the weekend to a wedding and she wanted to play a CD (I wasn't necessarily fond of...). I decided to let her try and find the CD changer when she submarined me and dropped it into the DVD. I snickered and thought it wouldn't play thru..... Then she hit the CD button on the head unit twice. Low and behold (and much to my dismay ), I suffered for the next hours listening to sappy music.......
Funny story. Good to know that is how to do it. Thanks!
Old 01-03-08, 12:44 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Am I missing something here ???

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr

Actually, using the DVD as a CD player was not lexusscguy's question. The question was accessing the audio from the "jacks" which are in the rear seat area for the "game" interface. But, perhaps I do not know that Lexus has corrected the "Aux" input to the stereo inputs. At least in the '04 truck, you cannot do that. Is that the case for the later truck systems??